Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

If this weather continues I will need to buy a new coat.

It's that depressing.

cool and drizzle.

Posted
17 hours ago, Hanny said:

Agreed but Friday 13th has been quite persistent 

Yep a strong signal 16 on the snow row highest in a long times, 16/20 (GEFS) want to bring snow to the capital. There is a good likelihood IMO by this time next week many of us could have seen the white stuff. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, Changing Skies said:

Yep a strong signal 16 on the snow row highest in a long times, 16/20 (GEFS) want to bring snow to the capital. There is a good likelihood IMO by this time next week many of us could have seen the white stuff. 

I doubt very much it will make it this far south though, rain from the NW always dissipates or ends up just drizzle by the time it gets here, so even if the cold is here I do not expect the ppn. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I doubt very much it will make it this far south though, rain from the NW always dissipates or ends up just drizzle by the time it gets here, so even if the cold is here I do not expect the ppn. 

That's very true, and should we seen any of the white stuff, it's almost invariably washed away by subsequent warm-sector mizzle?

Posted
8 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It will not be dry.

The EC is showing plentiful precipitation on Thursday it's as far as it goes, in sub -5C 850hpa air. A very good possibility of snowfall for the region, accumulations I somewhat doubt, unless it falls overnight. 

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

IMG_1511.PNGIMG_1512.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Changing Skies said:

It will not be dry.

The EC is showing plentiful precipitation on Thursday it's as far as it goes, in sub -5C 850hpa air. A very good possibility of snowfall for the region, accumulations I somewhat doubt, unless it falls overnight. 

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=prec

IMG_1511.PNGIMG_1512.PNG

I'm snow accumulation starved, thankfully the OFI is on our side:p

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I'm snow accumulation starved, thankfully the OFI is on our side:p

October Fog Index? Well December was really quite a misty/foggy month... Cold March:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Oh goody not just rain but cold rain. 

Hope there isn't a bitter wind.

that's the killer.

got cosy coat and socks.:rofl:

sorted.

Posted

please take note

possible tidal surge on Thursday / Friday, the low pressure in the North sea will push the surge South coinciding with very high tides.

If this happens i feel Norfolk, Suffolk could be hit quiet bad.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well Saturday was a bore fest, dampish and cloudy.

Today has started the same.

7.7c. light winds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning same old dank to report this morning. Not even going to mention the S word. Come next weekend colder temps, but here in Norfolk not showing anything to low.

just can't believe the extreme lows in Europe at present. Here we are in temps of 8c.

warmest in Europe.

Our little island is so strange.

Happens in summer visa verus, we could have really cool temps mid summer, but Moscow, Poland basically everywhere in Europe have a heatwave!

if you want to see a live pic of Earth Cam Budapest currently-20 and ice floating down their river it's a sight to see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters

Maybe this SE England forum should have an understanding/arrangement - those who get good snow invite the others in the SE England forum to visit and share the joy.

Caveats:

1. Visitors must come equipped with their own sleds
  2. Visitors must bring food for a BBQ
  3. That the invites are not just for one cold snap - it is for all as they happen

Conclusion:

We all get to enjoy and get a snow fix :yahoo:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way
26 minutes ago, slater said:

Morning same old dank to report this morning. Not even going to mention the S word. Come next weekend colder temps, but here in Norfolk not showing anything to low.

just can't believe the extreme lows in Europe at present. Here we are in temps of 8c.

warmest in Europe.

Happens in summer visa verus, we could have really cool temps mid summer, but Moscow, Poland basically everywhere in Europe have a heatwave!

if you want to see a live pic of Earth Cam Budapest currently-20 and ice floating down their river it's a sight to see

This time last week, we were in Budapest and it was Freezing with ice forming on the trees, it was -5, im gutted not to be there to have seen this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
On 7 January 2017 at 05:13, Surrey said:

Well the 00z continues the cold theme.. 

Our survey said .  Yessssss

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
23 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Maybe this SE England forum should have an understanding/arrangement - those who get good snow invite the others in the SE England forum to visit and share the joy.

Caveats:

1. Visitors must come equipped with their own sleds
  2. Visitors must bring food for a BBQ
  3. That the invites are not just for one cold snap - it is for all as they happen

Conclusion:

We all get to enjoy and get a snow fix :yahoo:

I will ban you from bringing a BBQ incase the heat melts any snow ;)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, slater said:

warmest in Europe.

I don't think it's strange at all, it's fairly normal for NW Europe to be mild while E Europe is freezing. This is just a more extreme spell for them but Moscow quite often gets temperatures of -30C and lower in winter. What is less common is places like S Italy getting a foot of snow! You can see the milder air making inroads into the near continent now, Amsterdam is at 8C and Paris at 7C, similar to here.

Another dank morning here with yucky low cloud and it's raining quite heavily. Interesting charts showing up for later in the week if cold and snow are what you're after. Might even see a flake or two in our region?!

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, Timbo said:

please take note

possible tidal surge on Thursday / Friday, the low pressure in the North sea will push the surge South coinciding with very high tides.

If this happens i feel Norfolk, Suffolk could be hit quiet bad.

Can you say some more about this, it was only about three years ago that Lowestoft town centre, the A12 towards Great Yarmouth, and parts of Yarmouth were very badly flooded.Does it look that bad again?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-25228837

bbc news at the time for those who were unaware.

Edited by JennyJane1
included news report

Posted
44 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Can you say some more about this, it was only about three years ago that Lowestoft town centre, the A12 towards Great Yarmouth, and parts of Yarmouth were very badly flooded.Does it look that bad again?

High spring tides will be with us from Thursday to Sunday, these are at there highest on Friday,Now on Friday if the models are correct we will have a large low pressure to our North East pushing down the North sea a very strong N/NW wind, this will cause a surge to be pushed towards us here in the East, Yes there is potential for a lot of coastal flooding on par with 3 years ago, If you live close to the sea or tidal rivers/estuaries keep an eye on the EA flood warnings, and stay safe.  

Posted
12 minutes ago, Timbo said:

High spring tides will be with us from Thursday to Sunday, these are at there highest on Friday,Now on Friday if the models are correct we will have a large low pressure to our North East pushing down the North sea a very strong N/NW wind, this will cause a surge to be pushed towards us here in the East, Yes there is potential for a lot of coastal flooding on par with 3 years ago, If you live close to the sea or tidal rivers/estuaries keep an eye on the EA flood warnings, and stay safe.  

Thank you Timbo, I will never forget the sight of someone actually rowing some sort of kayaak down the A12.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

I remember that here, although it didn't really do much damage. The sea was right up to the road but not on it, it flooded up the river a bit but didn't break the banks. Only flooding that I'm aware of was an underpass that goes under the main road but above the river, that flooded but only there it didn't break out of the entrances either side.

• Like 1

Posted

Talking about Italy crikey I think that's a bit too much even for me! Lake effect snow I'd imagine, very cold air over a relatively warm Adriatic Sea, equals a snow blitz.  

snowfall in Abruzzo, Italy for the last day.
some places had drifts of 2-3 meters. @StormHour #Stormhour ❄

(Source: severe weather world)

Pretty spectacular depths looks pretty surreal.

IMG_1533.JPGIMG_1534.JPGIMG_1535.JPGIMG_1536.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Beeb are going for a 4 day cold spell with northerly winds, which usually means sunny and cold here, but dry.:cold: