Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, slater said:

I've just tweeted the met office and they have tweeted back there is no sign of any snow in the 30 day forecast for my area. To be fair I can't find any weather apps showing any snow symbol in my are either. 

gerbil lives to fight another day:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
Just now, lassie23 said:

gerbil lives to fight another day:)

Hehe .....best I not tell the model thread just yet 

Posted
1 minute ago, slater said:

Hehe .....best I not tell the model thread just yet 

They are dusting off the sledges in there, putting on the winter tyres and ordering the shovels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
Just now, lassie23 said:

They are dusting off the sledges in there, putting on the winter tyres and ordering the shovels

So I see, we have been here so many times before, yes we're heading for colder weather but nothing out the norm for early Jan! Little more excitiment then previous years. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
20 hours ago, Surrey said:

Well down to -1 here already going to be another cold one for sure! Possibly snow on the cards too.. 

Great to see a positive post in here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

^ Oh ye of little faith...... :D  @lassie23 should know better as his Fog Index has been off the scale this season so it's bound to snow! The beast is stirring!

Back to today and I've already seen some white stuff here - well according to my local Met Office weather station at Wattisham (below)!! But I admit I didn't see any myself. But it's certainly a miserable, murky, cold day. Just look at the max so far today. Only 1.6C at 14.00 - way short of what the local forecasts were suggesting!

Wattisham Observ 30Dec.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Blessed Weather said:

^ Oh ye of little faith...... :D  @lassie23 should know better as his Fog Index has been off the scale this season so it's bound to snow! The beast is stirring!

Back to today and I've already seen some white stuff here - well according to my local Met Office weather station at Wattisham (below)!! But I admit I didn't see any myself. But it's certainly a miserable, murky, cold day. Just look at the max so far today. Only 1.6C at 14.00 - way short of what the local forecasts were suggesting!

Wattisham Observ 30Dec.jpg

lol could the OFI be correct after all?:unknw:

• Like 1

Posted

Took these pics on the way home from the pub last night. Walked into my close and thought it had snowed the frost was so thick.

frost1.jpg

frost2.jpg

Edited by Daryl Dixon
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Was just thinking all this fog reminded me of late '86 and we all know what happened in '87...

Edited by Daryl Dixon
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Thick frost last night but it was gone this morning, instead a slight wind and cloud. Been cloudy slate grey all day.

Posted

It is now foggy here, proper thick but warm. Not sure the temp will drop for frost. Guess we'll see.

Edit, actually not as warm as I thought, 0.8 out at the min. The fog seems to make it feel warmer than it has been but it isn't.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was sunny until just after mid-morning, then the gloom and fog came in. It is just damp and raw now with any sign of frost gone.

Still a lot of uncertainties looking ahead though a slightly leaning towards a possible easterly solution which would be very good for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very cold and foggy day here, the fog has really thickened up again now. My Mum said earlier that all this fog means it's going to snow soon.....:)

• Like 1

Posted

not been on here for a few years but looking at various weather websites the out look for snow 1st -2nd Jan looks good for snow down in the SE .not sure if it will last long as ground temps don't look low enough ,am I wrong ? looking good also for 6th Jan onwards :) 

Posted
13 minutes ago, simon65 said:

not been on here for a few years but looking at various weather websites the out look for snow 1st -2nd Jan looks good for snow down in the SE .not sure if it will last long as ground temps don't look low enough ,am I wrong ? looking good also for 6th Jan onwards :) 

Few years lol ,you been over on metcheck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

So the possible snow for Sunday night and the glorious runs from yesterday have of course been watered down big time today.. that was obvious and yet the razors are out on the MOD thread. 

The search for snow continues!

On the upside, no Atlantic storms or dross to worry about. Big positive for me!

Posted
14 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

So the possible snow for Sunday night and the glorious runs from yesterday have of course been watered down big time today.. that was obvious and yet the razors are out on the MOD thread. 

The search for snow continues!

On the upside, no Atlantic storms or dross to worry about. Big positive for me!

When you don't have cross model agreement, then it will always end badly.

Posted
42 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Few years lol ,you been over on metcheck

been looking at http://www.meteociel.fr/ ,seems a good site to look at and double check with other sites ,trouble is long range weather can change so quick !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

FOG. all day. all day there has been fog. *yawn* 

Boring weather equals doing the ironing, making fruit puffs and cleaning the bathroom.

This Equals school uniform and PE kit ready for Wednesday, Eccles Cakes for hubs and a clean sweet smelling loo. Also hunted down long black sleeved t-shirt for bubs. She is doing 'superheros' as a topic next term so it's a good thing she has batgirl costume. \o/ 

This also equals a weekend off.\0/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

I put on winter tyres every year, they are good for water/black ice etc. Normal summer tyre compounds efficiency starts to diminish from as little as 6/5deg. Learnt that the hard way when driving across Europe one year in an Audi Quattro with brand new Michelin tyres on - temp was about -1 and I had to stop numours times as I was having major issues keep the car straight/in lane on the Autobahn. Right enough of my 'geeky' chat :closedeyes:

Regardless of the some moody buggers in the MOD thread, I still think that we are in for a reasonable winter, I think the main problem with some is that they think the that 2010 should be happening ever year when this is just not the case for our little Island.

How ever, snow shovels are at the ready (got them 2014 at a steel as no snow :pardon:), also have the sleds at the ready (again same deal as the snow shovels :D) so it would just be too rude not to have some sort of white stuff to use them all with :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, simon65 said:

I don't know just got in after karaoke and playing pool, plus talking to the land lady afterwards for about 2 and half hours, and we have yet another frost on the coast. I don't think ground temps will be a problem, may be upper temps too low. Look out for freezing rain if it stays cold down south before the rain comes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Matt Taylor just now on BBC1 going for sleet and wet snow on hills of the midlands and southern England tomorrow afternoon.

About the best chance (albeit very low) of seeing any flakes in the reliable timeframe! Mind you, you would still need to get yourself up on hill to even stand a chance! 

So as we enter January, here we are still chasing any prospects of snow. Willing to put my neck on line here and predict no Snow would have fallen in our region by the time we get to mid January either. 

Meanwhile; Greece, Turkey and Cyprus are continuing to see snowfall and cold temps! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
1 minute ago, mickeyb44 said:

Drove through the thickest fog ive seen for many years last night in Moreton, Ongar.

Visibilty down to 20 feet or less on the roads and strictly 5 mph ! I hope everyone has a great new year.

ello stranger hope you are well and eaten plenty baps =)