Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

a mostly cloudy and fairly chilly day down in Essex. The mildest day of the month by the looks of it tomorrow. Typical it would have to be Christmas day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's getting very mild now, JJ...

I think that on this night, of all nights, an incantation might be in order:

Defend us from all the perils and dangers of this night; let us not tread in other people's regurgitated kebabs, pizzas, curries or chips...Amen.:ball-santa-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

It's getting very mild now, JJ...

I think that on this night, of all nights, an incantation might be in order:

Defend us from all the perils and dangers of this night; let us not tread in other people's regurgitated kebabs, pizzas, curries or chips...Amen.:ball-santa-emoji:

shorts and t-shirt weather tomorrow, christmas by the beach:drunk-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Merry Christmas all :santa-emoji:

it's so mild I reckon even the big man slipped on a pair of shorts to deliver across the UK :D

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Merry Christmas all :santa-emoji:

it's so mild I reckon even the big man slipped on a pair of shorts to deliver across the UK :D

He got arrested for indecent exposure, caught breaking into houses in his underwear.:nonono::santa-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the big day is here and yet again it is the mildness that is the talking point. Still Boxing day onwards offers some promise with the 26th/27th/28th all forecast to be sunny, calm and cold once any fog has cleared. 

39-582UK.GIF?25-0   66-582UK.GIF?25-0   90-582UK.GIF?25-0

57-583UK.GIF?25-0   81-583UK.GIF?25-0   108-583UK.GIF?25-0

Looks like some widespread air frosts are likely, nothing spectacular but at least seasonal and nice for all those on their Christmas holidays. The GFS looks keen to keep the skies quite clear up to new year, though the Metoffice seem to think we will see milder air trying to get in from the 29th with increasing amounts of cloud too.

Have a great Christmas everyone :santa-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A very Merry Christmas:santa-emoji: I hope everyone has a wonderful day and all your wishes come true. :ball-santa-emoji:

Fairly near the top of my wish list is that some of the lovely cold, snowy charts being churned out by the models actually verify for a change!! How about a Thames and Kent streamer arriving on -10C 850 air on the 4th Jan? That'll do nicely GFS....... :cold:

GFS 0z 850 25Dec for 04Jan.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Seasons Greetings and wishes that are well to you all :santa-emoji::ball-santa-emoji::cold-emoji::snowman-emoji::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

You couldn't make it up!...13.7c max here on Xmas day, making it the mildest day since late October.

Happy Crimbo everybody and keep off the Watney's Party Four! :drunk-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Have we broken any temperature records for Christmas day in the SE I wonder, very mild here all day long 14c maybe higher?:cc_confused:

A bit late but....Happy Christmas all!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

I can't find anything in our region, but according to the met office 

As it currently stands, Met data says the high remains 15.6C, which was registered on Christmas Day in Edinburgh 1896 and Killerton, Devon in 1920.

The highest UK temperature today was 15.1c Dyce, Aberdeen, so we missed out by .5c

I'm sure that some local records have been broken, it's just a nightmare trying to find figures 

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

The wind has just started to pick up here, and no I've not been at the sprouts :closedeyes:

it's raining here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
11 hours ago, Essex Easterly said:

I can't find anything in our region, but according to the met office 

The highest UK temperature today was 15.1c Dyce, Aberdeen, so we missed out by .5c

I'm sure that some local records have been broken, it's just a nightmare trying to find figures 

Lovely sunny day here.

Ave temperatures were likely well above 10c in many places I expect, maybe some local records where indeed broken.

Posted

This would get the troops out. I hope ECMWF is onto something, fascinating model watching the GFS 06z ens for London has the mean circa -5c 850 temps from 1-9 January that is impressive. Alongside that are some precipitation spikes implying what falls out the sky may be white, keep everything crossed but I sense marked cold and *snow* is on the way.

image.gif

Cohen signals it out in this tweet..

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's usually this time of night when the models go tights up and back track making everyone cry.

Hope not :cc_confused:

nice frost starting tonight in Crawley, hopefully to continue, better this than mild and damp.

Edited by Hanny

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It's already started lol

:oops: ........... oh dear, that's not good, suppose it's going to be another 'meltdown' in the MOD thread!

Edited by Hanny

Posted

A lovely sunny day yesterday and today looks like following the same script. Fog will become increasingly prevalent as milder/moist air comes over the top of us. Still today, tomorrow and Thursday look cold before turning a little milder. We could get some snow showers just after new year with a brief north/north easterly blast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Thank you Lukey, my Christmas was good and I hope your day went well too.  A frosty morning but not a severe one, just lightly covering on the grass and roofs. Partly cloudy sky with very weak sunshine.  The temperature at 13:50 is 6.6 °C, the current wind speed is 1.9 mph and the wind direction is NNE.  The Barometer pressure is 1048.0 mb and is rising slowly 0.3 mb/hr.

• Like 2

Posted

A cold start to the day, it's been really quite chilly with a high of 5*C oddly it feels much colder my hands know it. We're currently under a very strong HP cell 1045mb - winter is back with us.

some snaps of Greenland Dock..

IMG_1361.JPGIMG_1358.JPGIMG_1360.JPG

• Like 4