Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Thought looking at the charts this place would be in meltdown lol :rofl::bomb:

Nobody trusts them in this thread:nonono:We don't get led astray by them unlike some others on this site:closedeyes: Although I did get carried away earlier.:oops:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Nobody trusts them in this thread:nonono:We don't get led astray by them unlike some others on this site:closedeyes: Although I did get carried away earlier.:oops:

Isn't it more like most of us don't know how to read the charts, let alone comment on them. But still like the weather and find it interesting, so end up on a weather forum?

The models will pick up on a cold spell before the BBC tell you on tv that it's coming, or they have in the time I been viewing TWO and netweather the last 15 years plus 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
7 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

I wouldn't call it 'lets bash the folk on the model thread, thread' 

I have time and time again posted how much I admire their optimism and dedication across a swing of emotions and how every day turns into a 'slit wrists' or 'excitement' 

By all means they should carry on, I am just merely pointing out how exhausting it must be chasing something that isn't real and getting so worked up about something that has never happened. I enjoy reading the 'soap opera' script though, nice break away from the systems at work 

Yes indeed I was only jesting over the thread bashing thread comment!

I don't understand why I get so involved in reading the Mod. thread a) I don't understand what anyone is writing about b) I get uptight or elated depending on what the predictions are. I need to stop reading it because it doesn't reflect what eventually happens with the weather, and I have absolutely nothing meaningful to add to it, so effectively it's dead time to me! 

Weather today: typical November, sky as grey as a Welsh slate quarry, zero sun, pretty chilly. However temp up from yesterday 10.5 degrees, another frostless night then...:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not too bad today, early fog cleared to sunny spells and just a gentle east/north east wind. There was a fair bit of high cloud at times though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Definitely need a good cold spell to get rid of all these colds and bugs. Or is that a wives tale ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Can't understand the hoo har with regards to the models personally, arguing over what a computer thinks may happen to the weather. Considering things change each run too, it's a bit like believing your horoscope but it's different depending where you look. 

However the Radar is a great bit of kit, I've more let downs then a balloon in a fencing party, especially this summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It is totally pointless getting disappointed or happy by each model run, which is what happens everyday in the MOD thread. What people really should be looking for are trends and the fact that the cold snowy spells keep reappearing again and again after being dumped , is  promising. That cold ramper over on the BBC did an interesting 'weather for the week ahead' update and mentioned waiting for a change to ice and snow sometime in December as the Arctic Oscillation goes negative.

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, bluebell said:

Yes indeed I was only jesting over the thread bashing thread comment!

I don't understand why I get so involved in reading the Mod. thread a) I don't understand what anyone is writing about b) I get uptight or elated depending on what the predictions are. I need to stop reading it because it doesn't reflect what eventually happens with the weather, and I have absolutely nothing meaningful to add to it, so effectively it's dead time to me! 

Weather today: typical November, sky as grey as a Welsh slate quarry, zero sun, pretty chilly. However temp up from yesterday 10.5 degrees, another frostless night then...:sorry:

That sums up my thoughts too exactly

Posted

I just love watching the models even if they dont turn out right, because they give me great excitement on how they think such amazing events could actually happen! 64% chance of snow on the 2nd December.. Thats the highest snow risk we've had in years even out that far, so I'm pretty happy even if it does downgrade to nothing in the next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well today turned out different to what I expected. A quite strong ene wind, highest gust has been 58 mph, although most are in between 40-45. Very sunny, that's the it that surprised me, was expecting another grey day. The day is mild but the wind is cold. Temp right now is 9.9, Apparent temp is 2.4

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Second day of leaden grey skies here. Windy too with a recent gust of 29 mph. Looking like a max of 11C today - better than the 9C yesterday.

I'm afraid for East Anglia the High pressure is merely dragging in crud off the North Sea. As @alexisj9 reports, looking better for folks in the south of the Region. The satellite also showing an interesting clear 'slot' stretching from the Thames Estuary across to the Bristol Channel.

Cloud Thur 24 Nov 14.05.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

That wind was chilly today.:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Second day of leaden grey skies here. Windy too with a recent gust of 29 mph. Looking like a max of 11C today - better than the 9C yesterday.

I'm afraid for East Anglia the High pressure is merely dragging in crud off the North Sea. As @alexisj9 reports, looking better for folks in the south of the Region. The satellite also showing an interesting clear 'slot' stretching from the Thames Estuary across to the Bristol Channel.

Cloud Thur 24 Nov 14.05.jpg

Rather depressing conditions here today as well, Malcom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Gloomy all day here with constant low cloud, a shame as at first light there was just high cloud and clear skies to the north, alas as the high cloud moved away the low cloud swamped my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
6 hours ago, Delka said:

I just love watching the models even if they dont turn out right, because they give me great excitement on how they think such amazing events could actually happen! 64% chance of snow on the 2nd December.. Thats the highest snow risk we've had in years even out that far, so I'm pretty happy even if it does downgrade to nothing in the next week

64% chance here for SE or in general within the UK Delka?

Posted

The winter forecast released will be happy reading for many, a nice read, not for me to comment or judge the forecasters as I'm not that up with how they have performed in previous year excluding the obvious last two when the writting was on the wall from early on. Neither do I have the knowledge to ake a long range forecast but somebody has to so credit to them :)

I'd certainly take a chilly start with a milder surge in Feb.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Just goes to show how a NE'ly can make things feel a lot colder than it actually is :cold:

This time next Month will be Christmas Eve, I'll take this NE'ly with a 5° drop and some PPN peppering in off the North Sea :reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji::cold-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

64% chance here for SE or in general within the UK Delka?

That's for my location, actually upgraded slightly to 78% with 14% chance the next day on the 10 day forecast! If this pulls off i will be very happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Black Friday it is not!! The murk has gone and a beautiful day ahead me thinks. A chilly start mind, with an overnight min of 3C.

The satellite shows the clear skies we should enjoy today: Cloud Fri 25 Nov 09.10.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
On 11/23/2016 at 16:00, Surrey said:

Thought looking at the charts this place would be in meltdown lol :rofl::bomb:

Move on 24hrs and its a CryDown... LOL

So nice to have a clear blue sky and the cloud and merk has disappeared! If its not going to be cold and snowy ill take this over atlantic wet dross. 

High pressure looking like giving us a fine dry spell over the next 7-10 days - YES Please! No sodding boring mild wet Atlantic storms just making the days feel miserable in general.

• Like 1