Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

More blowy outside today than it was during Angus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, Dami said:

Had to deal with a jobsworth today, a loud embarrassing jobs worth at that. Shame they will be at the governor meeting hubs is going too. SHAME. 

Actually quite mild out although there is drizzle, but who cares when my new boots are out for delivery? :yahoo:

Kind of morning I don't mind, mild, no annoying low sun and no stupid no need for it cold because it aint gonna snow stuffs. 

No more boring clothes updates till next spring.:santa-emoji:

You mean you ain't going to buy anymore clothes until the spring:shok::shok::shok:

3 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

And so it begins...... 

Apparently its OK as winter is 8 days away and the great winters of past didn't get going until January...Deja vu of posts from last year anyone?

Bless them, I admire their stamina with such up and down emotions, I couldn't do it! 

lol they post those every year and when it's February and still no snow, they say 'remember March 2013:doh:

5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Great to see sun and blue skies this morning, shame about the howling wind though, ugh!

Are the winds only vile when hey are from the west lol, yup good to see the Sun today, it has been missed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

new boots here, rain for now stopped. School run in coming.

it looks like its going to get dark early today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

I have to laugh what planet are those model forums posters on, some in melt down as the cold is nowhere to be seen but still you see posters getting really excited when they find a smidge of it.

As I said end October most weather sites have gone for a mild winter here in UK at least in the south of uk, maybe not so stormy but will not be any prolonged cold. Ok never going be 100% correct but they have been spot on last few years with these early predictions.

current forecast shows mild temps into the 2nd week in December maybe some very mild nights here in the south. I wouldn't be surprised if we could see the same start to winter just as last year, but then who knows, my current bet for Christmas Day cloudy mild 12c let's see if I'll be correct 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
9 minutes ago, slater said:

I have to laugh what planet are those model forums posters on, some in melt down as the cold is nowhere to be seen but still you see posters getting really excited when they find a smidge of it.

As I said end October most weather sites have gone for a mild winter here in UK at least in the south of uk, maybe not so stormy but will not be any prolonged cold. Ok never going be 100% correct but they have been spot on last few years with these early predictions.

current forecast shows mild temps into the 2nd week in December maybe some very mild nights here in the south. I wouldn't be surprised if we could see the same start to winter just as last year, but then who knows, my current bet for Christmas Day cloudy mild 12c let's see if I'll be correct 

Tee hee! You & that other fella who posts on here 'Ben Lewis' should get together and organise a 'let's bash the folk on the model thread, thread'. :D  I agree it can all seem a bit nuts, but I think the run to run analysis is part of the hobby. Let them carry on, not doing anyone any harm!

I will expect a mild green Christmas and then be merrily surprised when I'm up to my neck in snow.

Anyhow it was a windy walk to work this morning again, but thankfully calmed down now. A balmy 9 degrees outside currently so no frost for me as it stands.

Finally,  hope the new boots are a hit Dami! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a great day to be honest, a few showers and a lot of cloud. 

Bring on the mild north easterlies, and then less mild easterlies. :rofl:

In all seriousness I still haven't got a clue on how this winter will pan out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
22 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

In all seriousness I still haven't got a clue on how this winter will pan out.

Statistically average but synoptically weird is my guess.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
39 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Tee hee! You & that other fella who posts on here 'Ben Lewis' should get together and organise a 'let's bash the folk on the model thread, thread'. :D  I agree it can all seem a bit nuts, but I think the run to run analysis is part of the hobby. Let them carry on, not doing anyone any harm!

I will expect a mild green Christmas and then be merrily surprised when I'm up to my neck in snow.

Anyhow it was a windy walk to work this morning again, but thankfully calmed down now. A balmy 9 degrees outside currently so no frost for me as it stands.

Hehe guess we should get together. I do get it if it's someone's hobby looking and charts day in day out, I'll stick with the professionals I try not to visit the room if I can help it! Current temp also 9c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
47 minutes ago, shotski said:

Colder than average and drier than average, that would be my bet. 

Yes my gut feeling is saying something similar. Hopefully much less in the way of Atlantic storms this winter and much more settled, sunny weather. Would be nice to have a freezing snowy spell but after Crimbo preferably!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Warning.... Warning!

This forum is about to go into meltdown once people view the FI charts and take them as concrete.

Posted

BBC sticking their necks out and calling a dry cold December after a brief attack from the jet stream. I sense SNOW for us though:yahoo:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
6 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Warning.... Warning!

This forum is about to go into meltdown once people view the FI charts and take them as concrete.

... Looks like you were right Kent old chap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
11 hours ago, slater said:

It's the same every year wow look at the 240hr charts. Then 2 days later they  gone now then pick up the next one that at guess what 240 charts. then say we being messed about etc. 

Edited by pegg24

Posted

My boots are great! surprised a few folk who are used to me wearing all black. Although i think my bobble hat gets more attention. 

Did someone say SNOW? :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Eh. I don't know why people put so much energy into the models every year. For the most part they rarely seem to actually come to fruition and people end up getting so worked up when it invariably doesn't work out the way they want.

Honestly, everyone should just stick to nowcasting out the window, it's so much less stress!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Dami said:

My boots are great! surprised a few folk who are used to me wearing all black. Although i think my bobble hat gets more attention. 

I had to read that twice because at first I thought the post said " My boobs are great!" And " My Boobie hat gets more attention "

Damn phone ;):)

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Lazarus42 said:

... Looks like you were right Kent old chap!

A racing certainty :)

Only good thing I can take from the outputs recently is nothing looks certain which means anything can happen, lot different to last year when around this stage we could almost know we'd have to was till after Christmas for a slim chance of anything, we got teased for January but that failed.

One thing I've noticed is the lack of snow shovels & sledges on sale this year compared to the previous years since 2010.....that's a good sign :D;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
14 hours ago, bluebell said:

I wouldn't call it 'lets bash the folk on the model thread, thread' 

I have time and time again posted how much I admire their optimism and dedication across a swing of emotions and how every day turns into a 'slit wrists' or 'excitement' 

By all means they should carry on, I am just merely pointing out how exhausting it must be chasing something that isn't real and getting so worked up about something that has never happened. I enjoy reading the 'soap opera' script though, nice break away from the systems at work 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

A racing certainty :)

Only good thing I can take from the outputs recently is nothing looks certain which means anything can happen, lot different to last year when around this stage we could almost know we'd have to was till after Christmas for a slim chance of anything, we got teased for January but that failed.

One thing I've noticed is the lack of snow shovels & sledges on sale this year compared to the previous years since 2010.....that's a good sign :D;)

They should have a shovel and sledge mountain to sell from the three previous winters. Buy ten get ten free. Just looked at the models, first week of December still looking blizzardy:santa-emoji:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

:pardon:

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I had to read that twice because at first I thought the post said " My boobs are great!" And " My Boobie hat gets more attention "

Damn phone ;):)

men:nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Dami said:

That's because people aren't used to seeing people wearing bobble hats as boots.

Posted
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

They should have a shovel and sledge mountain to sell from the three previous winters. Buy ten get ten free. Just looked at the models, first week of December still looking blizzardy:santa-emoji:

No, Lassie, no, second week, great, but not first week.

Posted
7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

No, Lassie, no, second week, great, but not first week.

Don't worry, it keeps getting pushed back, could be second week of March for all we know.

• Like 1