Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
12 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

More wind and rain from this than Angus, IMBY

Yep, haven't seen rain that heavy for a while! Patches of blue sky now, not too breezy either 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well the 'awful day' has redeemed itself by giving some lovely skies this afternoon after the front cleared through.

The rain stopped, but wind got up and the clouds turned ragged: Nov 21 Three.jpg

The back of the front as it cleared into the distance: Nov 21 Two.jpg

And finally, a nice sunset :): Nov 21 One.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
4 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Well the 'awful day' has redeemed itself by giving some lovely skies this afternoon after the front cleared through.

The rain stopped, but wind got up and the clouds turned ragged: Nov 21 Three.jpg

The back of the front as it cleared into the distance: Nov 21 Two.jpg

And finally, a nice sunset :): Nov 21 One.jpg

Clouds have only just cleared here, Malcolm, so no lovely sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Pretty miserable on the whole here today, good photos from some of you earlier in the thread, thanks. 

Just had a peep in one of those other regional threads and got a bit annoyed with comments about how much worse the weather is up there now and how if it had been like this down south it would have had a name. I get a bit fed up with the northern 'chip on the shoulder attitude:aggressive: I'm afraid.  

Yikes I'm scared now I'll have started a fight. However for the record I love the north of Britian it's countryside and the often very friendly people. :friends:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

In the past I've read about a southern bias when it comes to weather, however as a Yorkshire guy now living down south, id say it's greatly exaggerated by people in the north. We like our things to be the worst! Of course I'm just a "soft southerner" in the eyes of some now! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Are we expecting it to be windy tonight? BBC weather suddenly showing 40mph winds at 4am tonight. 

Thanks, 

Mal 

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A warning has been issued for 60mph gusts around the south coast in the early hours, which is the same as 'Angus' produced to much fanfare! 

A low risk of 70-80mph gusts mentioned too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

pretty wet for most of the day, it did clear when I left work at half 3.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mal Kapadia said:

Are we expecting it to be windy tonight? BBC weather suddenly showing 40mph winds at 4am tonight. 

Thanks, 

Mal 

Very windy, far from cataclysmic, the irony most parts of the SE will see stronger winds than from Storm Angus.

0400 has gusts of 50 range, south of Central London on Arpege a bit blowy. I would reckon 60-65 mph gusts for the south coast, 70 ish possible for the most exposed coastal locations.

Edited by Changing Skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Anyone fancy their own private soap opera. 

Pop yourself into the MOD thread and read the histerical over excited posts regarding the 12z suite marvellous potential to bring us true cold and snowy potentials

Then pop back in their 12hours from now and read the 'slit wrists' posts because the dream cold day 10 charts have disappeared 

LOL..... 

• Like 5

Posted
43 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Pop yourself into the MOD thread and read the histerical over excited posts regarding the 12z suite marvellous potential to bring us true cold and snowy potentials

Then pop back in their 12hours from now and read the 'slit wrists' posts because the dream cold day 10 charts have disappeared 

LOL..... 

Haha, it's like that every year...anyway back in the real world we've been having some short but hard showers for the last half hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, an eerie orangey glow here, too.:shok:

The sun?

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

Haha, it's like that every year...anyway back in the real world we've been having some short but hard showers for the last half hour or so.

Still coming and going here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
8 hours ago, Surrey said:

Stronger wind now than the whole of Angus lol! Waiting to get on computer but it looks as though it could be a windy one tonight and overnight.. Especially in any heavy showers that crop up.. 

That depends whereabouts you were in the South East Luke. The winds from Angus down here on the south coast were considerable, they were never predicted to be that strong further inland.

It's blowing a gale down here again on the south coast tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Great to see sun and blue skies this morning, shame about the howling wind though, ugh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had to deal with a jobsworth today, a loud embarrassing jobs worth at that. Shame they will be at the governor meeting hubs is going too. SHAME. 

Actually quite mild out although there is drizzle, but who cares when my new boots are out for delivery? :yahoo:

Kind of morning I don't mind, mild, no annoying low sun and no stupid no need for it cold because it aint gonna snow stuffs. 

No more boring clothes updates till next spring.:santa-emoji:

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Over night wind peaked this morning 6:30 at 62 mph. Same as last night when the first started. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Quite blustery on my journey in to London today. The sky has cleared now leaving some crisp and sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
13 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

LOL..... 

And so it begins...... 

Apparently its OK as winter is 8 days away and the great winters of past didn't get going until January...Deja vu of posts from last year anyone?

Bless them, I admire their stamina with such up and down emotions, I couldn't do it! 

• Like 3