IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
3 hours ago, Wivenswold said:

Someone has tweeted that there's a fire. Hopefully not the pier.

Hopefully no one hurt .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/38042672

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

In mid Norfolk rain cleared not a breath of wind at the moment very calm and mild current temp 8.7c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Hmmm after all that the low took a mote southerly route. It was always an option and it happened.

By no means a bad thing north coast of France recored gusts over 90mph! 

Nothing to note here only a lot of rain fell!

Good. 70mph was quite enough here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

So the cold charts continue to be pumped into deep FI... MOD thread posting charts at 5th December- Dear god. 

Back to reality and after a damp start to week from mid week onwards we can look forward to Dry and crisp days if rather foggy!

Anything but the Mild Wet Atlantic dross & im happy! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

So according to the local news,pevensey bay recorded nearly 100mph,if thats true thats impressive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The wind has picked up here to around 15-17mph which is stronger than anything overnight. Hopefully charts showing high pressure will verify, sunny days and frosty/foggy nights would be very nice. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
12 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The wind has picked up here to around 15-17mph which is stronger than anything overnight. Hopefully charts showing high pressure will verify, sunny days and frosty/foggy nights would be very nice. 

Snow would be even better:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well Sunday football is still on.  So here I am in my waterproof and wellies.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

We have had quite a bit of rain, not much wind though thankfully.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Well Sunday football is still on.  So here I am in my waterproof and wellies.:cold:

Who is playing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Hope everybody's safe? Nothing much happened here at all. Max gust overnight was 33.4mph. Low bottomed out at 966mb. We did have over 40mm of rain, though, so that will cause some problems.

See you next time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Looks like a normal Sunday to me. Damp, dull a breeze. Been painting dino mask for school, which should be in on wednesday and we are 'late' as any projects are normally done by now.

In other news, i have found some brown long boots and an e-mail for 20% off. Thanks. I have spent my winter clothing budget as I will need some stuff for summer.

Posted

Storm Angus went quite a bit further south than Arpege initially modelled thus much of the SE missed out on those very strong winds with the channel and northern France taking the brunt.

IMG_1026.JPGIMG_1027.JPG

Edited by Changing Skies
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not a pleasant morning with light rain & drizzle, windy and only 7C. Signs now though of the cloud thinning - hopefully some breaks later.

In the end not too bad here overnight with the strongest gust at 37 mph and 13.5mm of rain. Indeed, apart from folks along the south coast, most of us seem to have escaped the worst that storm Angus had to offer (for reasons explained above by @Surrey and @Changing Skies).

But it was good to have the forum buzzing! Let's hope the next time is because we're about to be buried by heavy snow. :laugh:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

I've read a few posts on here and in the storm thread saying that the winds on the south coast were nothing particularly unusual, wind speeds only reached 65mph. I think the readings don't always reflect the effect of the winds in my view. I am about 50asl and about 2 miles inland from the coast and I can testify it felt a step up from 'standard fare Autumn storm'. I was wrestling with a wheelie bin at 6am this morning, as the the lid was being vigorously flicked up banging against the house wall despite being weighed down with a concrete slab. Further bad news half the guttering at the front of the house has been ripped off. :nonono:

I for one will be happy for some benign frosty sunny weather over the coming week, if that can be arranged please! Anything that can a slow me to post and include this:cold: lots and lots! 

• Like 2

Posted

Oh I agree Malcolm :)

I never expected anything nasty IMBY, it was just fun following it all. If there was a snow event on the horizon, with the entire region getting buried the forum/thread would combust! 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Changing Skies said:

Oh I agree Malcolm :)

I never expected anything nasty IMBY, it was just fun following it all. If there was a snow event on the horizon, with the entire region getting buried the forum/thread would combust! 

Apparently winter is officially over according to the MOD thread, the Atlantic is taking command for the rest of the winter,:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Apparently winter is officially over according to the MOD thread, the Atlantic is taking command for the rest of the winter,:closedeyes:

Well that is just a default setting when things do not go as certain folk want it not long ago many were expecting a transition to a colder trend with increasing wintry possibilities by mid to late Nov. Not quite gone this way, we are in a bit of a runt but I've been following the models long enough to see how sudden things change, the latest NAO update is more encouraging with a brief uptick and then down, negative values have the upper hand, surely the camels back is going to eventually snap.

• Like 4