Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE England and EA Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here

old thread here  -------> 

• Like 1

Posted

Good to see a fresh new thread,  chilly Bonfire night, the wind does have a bite to it, showers moving southwards through the night, these are likely to be of a wintry element. Areas north and east of London most at risk of catching something..

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
38 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Torrential rain all night no sleep

Total opposite here, not a cloud in the sky and a sunny morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Well woke up and was expecting rain and more rain as forecast today was for prolonged showers, but have blue sky and sun. Just checked the latest radar and all showers seem to be at sea. Not moving very quickly either not for Norfolk anyway. I see as always there is moaners in the model thread deary me they are always sulking if nothing goes right.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous morning here, clear blue skies and feeling chilly in the breeze. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp went down to 0.9 over night, the coldest we've had. Temp has risen to 6.6 so far today nice and sunny. Wind seems to be nnw which is why the shower are staying east. 

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like there's a band of showers/rain moving down the country now. Is this what was supposed to happen over night, or another feature. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers & Thunderstorms Cold Winters & Snow

Hi all! Haven't been on here since last Winter! Let's hope this one has more to offer us 'coldies' surely it can't be any worse than the last? :rofl: 

As for today, please excuse my ignorance because my meteorological knowledge is somewhat limited :D, but according to Wunderground.com, although the current temperature is 7.2C, the dew point is 0C.  Am I right in thinking that (assuming the DP is still 0 when the band arrives) I stand a chance of seeing at least a 'wintry mix' or am I just clutching at straws? It's the latter isn't it?... :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

Hi all! Haven't been on here since last Winter! Let's hope this one has more to offer us 'coldies' surely it can't be any worse than the last? :rofl: 

As for today, please excuse my ignorance because my meteorological knowledge is somewhat limited :D, but according to Wunderground.com, although the current temperature is 7.2C, the dew point is 0C.  Am I right in thinking that (assuming the DP is still 0 when the band arrives) I stand a chance of seeing at least a 'wintry mix' or am I just clutching at straws? It's the latter isn't it?... :rofl:

Well they are getting a wintery mix in the midlands, but we are further south. It seems to be linked to elevation as always. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I expect just rain here, but I'm right near the coast really. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Temp went down to 0.9 over night, the coldest we've had. Temp has risen to 6.6 so far today nice and sunny. Wind seems to be nnw which is why the shower are staying east. 

9 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Looks like there's a band of showers/rain moving down the country now. Is this what was supposed to happen over night, or another feature. 

You are spot on alexis. At 08.00 this morning the winds were NNW and here in Suffolk it was clear and sunny. But as the day has progressed there's a small Low moving down the North Sea which is gradually swinging the winds more N, and by this evening starting to turn NNE. It will also turn very windy for coastal locations this evening. Arpege wind gusts charts:

08.00 Arpege Gusts Sun 06 Nov 08.00.png 20.00 Arpege Gusts Sun 06 Nov 20.00.png

The feature bringing this more organised band of showers/rain through is an occluded front associated with the Low pressure I mentioned.

Fax Chart 12.00 Met Off Fax Sun 06 Nov 12.00.jpg

And as I finish writing the band of rain is just going through - unfortunately not a wet flake in sight! :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Well they are getting a wintery mix in the midlands, but we are further south. It seems to be linked to elevation as always. So I guess we'll have to wait and see. I expect just rain here, but I'm right near the coast really. 

Thanks for replying! :) I'd give my right arm to see a wet flake mixed in with the rain lol, I sound so sad! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We had snow in with the rain in Northamptonshire at 130 meters.

• Like 4

Posted
7 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

You are spot on alexis. At 08.00 this morning the winds were NNW and here in Suffolk it was clear and sunny. But as the day has progressed there's a small Low moving down the North Sea which is gradually swinging the winds more N, and by this evening starting to turn NNE. It will also turn very windy for coastal locations this evening. Arpege wind gusts charts:

08.00 Arpege Gusts Sun 06 Nov 08.00.png 20.00 Arpege Gusts Sun 06 Nov 20.00.png

The feature bringing this more organised band of showers/rain through is an occluded front associated with the Low pressure I mentioned.

Fax Chart 12.00 Met Off Fax Sun 06 Nov 12.00.jpg

And as I finish writing the band of rain is just going through - unfortunately not a wet flake in sight! :nonono:

It's also a few degrees colder here than what seems to have been forecast, just like yesterday. We had a high of 6.8 but that has gone down with the approaching cloud along with the DP although that is up at 2.6. I normally see temps go up with cloud in a winter type scenario. 

• Like 4

Posted

Temp: 6.4C

Dew Point: 0C

Is the Dew point expected to rise as the band moves through? 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

It's 5.8 here now, but DP is still up at 2.4 now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

LOL our first snow watch . The neighbour is going to start wondering again what the hell I am doing again staring at lamppost lights .

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

LOL our first snow watch . The neighbour is going to start wondering again what the hell I am doing again staring at lamppost lights .

Haha, you have to be careful, I got caught out a few times last year with people thinking I was looking into their houses! :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's 5.8 here now, but DP is still up at 2.4 now.

Is the DP expected to drop though? :)

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

I am not sure, its been raining all day, at times more of an icy/hail sort of mix

Posted
16 minutes ago, Ben Blizzard said:

It does look like that you can see less cold dew points moving southwards with the showery band, there has been some reports of snow mixed in being reported in the Midlands regional. You'll need some elevation no doubt, say about 150m upwards, on the other hand temps are on there way down albeit slowly. 

IMG_0898.PNGIMG_0897.PNG

Edited by Changing Skies.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

The radar is looking interesting tonight with a horizontal rain band sweeping southwards, can't remember the last time I see something like that 

hor.png

Edited by Essex Easterly.