Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Dreary, grey, damp, mild mush and drizzly...perfectly summed up by the word GROTTY. Let us have a proper winter with crisp bright skies above a land of snow...dreaming!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Where did that rain come from nothing showing on the radar at the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

A grey, damp, drizzly day with the odd heavy shower thrown in just for good measure.

If any of you have cause to head vaguely in the direction of Bristol tonight, my advice is DON'T - at least not via the A37. It's been closed all day (Pensford) due to a bad accident, it's still closed now. 2 hours to do the 16 miles to work this morning via diversion, 2 hours for the return trip this afternoon - it's carnage, stay away!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Grey and damp all day with drizzle on and off and felt mild with a high of 13.0°C. Still 12.4°C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
25 minutes ago, knocker said:

Cloudy with St, fog, light rain and a westerly breeze. Very mild with a temp of 13C

What a dank start to the day ,but yes mild  hopefully things will brighten up come Wednesday and the end of week too but with some wintry showers around .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Potential for a big storm then for our neck of the woods on Sunday evening.  Would be a real shock to the system if it came off after such a quiet autumn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, High Winds.
Just now, festivalking said:

Potential for a big storm then for our neck of the woods on Sunday evening.  Would be a real shock to the system if it came off after such a quiet autumn.

Yes, excited is an understatement. :p

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Grimers said:

Yes, excited is an understatement. :p

Well looking into next week there could be alot of rain about. Quick look at the charts see's 3 separate rain events before perhaps getting colder. I seem to remember before the cold events of 2009 and 2010 that there was significant flooding, Mevagissey comes to mind. I wonder if next weeks rain fest is again the prelude?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Exceptionally mild start today at 12C. Not exceptional against last year of course but in its own right it feels positively balmy, especially given the intermittent sunshine.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Mild, damp and cloudy, although there are a few breaks which show some blue sky.

Temp: 15.1°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 13.3°C - Bar: 1027.57hPa - Wind: W @ 8mph.

Posted
3 hours ago, knocker said:

When discussing big storms my mind inevitable goes back to the 19th December 35 years ago. Repeats we don't need so let's hope not much comes of this/

was that the Penlee lifeboat disaster?

Certainly looks lively Saturday night on the 06z. I've got next week off to dismantle my shed, move it 5 meters (where it should have been in the first place) and rebuild it. Perhaps there won't be much to rebuild at this rate.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Certain kind of fool said:

was that the Penlee lifeboat disaster?

Certainly looks lively Saturday night on the 06z. I've got next week off to dismantle my shed, move it 5 meters (where it should have been in the first place) and rebuild it. Perhaps there won't be much to rebuild at this rate.

It was indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very mild again today. Mostly cloudy with the odd break during the afternoon with a high of 15.1°C. Currently 13.0°C. 

Posted

Sunny, but windy. 1.8mm of rain last night.

Temp: 13.3°C - Hum: 83% - Dew: 10.5°C - Bar: 1017.47hPa - Wind: WSW @ 11mph.

Posted

Interesting weekend of weather on offer on the moors this weekend, sun, rain, hail, snow, thunder and wind are all in the mix. Going to be a good 'un!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like it's about to chuck it down outside. Tomorrow could be quite a decent convective day for a change. Haven't had one since October 01st!

Posted

Another mild night last night with 2.6mm of rain and a low of 11.8°C. A dry day with lots of sunshine and a high of 13.5°C.

Posted

I've been a bit busy and not really paid any attention to what the models have been showing of late. I don't know what Exeter's thoughts are, but some of the models indicate a lot of rain in some Southern areas Saturday >
So while some folks in the mod thread bicker about what type of ppn will fall, there's a chance that rain warnings *might* appear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 hours ago, festivalking said:

Interesting weekend of weather on offer on the moors this weekend, sun, rain, hail, snow, thunder and wind are all in the mix. Going to be a good 'un!

I'm exhausted by this winter already and it hasn't even started yet.. :fool:  but I fear it will drift into a normal wet mild one myself after all the promise.