Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just stuck my head through the door of the MOD thread....oh my goodness! Not only is winter over already but we're staring down the barrel of the flood gun. We may as well turn the heating off until next autumn, it won't be needed again until then. And all those computer models and really clever people who spend hours putting together long range forecasts are nothing more than soothsayers. You'd have thought we'd have moved on from medieval days and burning people at the stake, sadly not. Currently there are some in there who'd build a big pyre, tie the soothsayers to a stake then stand back and chant 'burn them, burn them, burn them'.

I get the disappointment, I really do but what I don't get is the attitude. Armchair experts & keyboard warriors knowing soooooo much more than really complicated computers and people with seriously difficult qualifications. I hope Santa brings them all a new bunch of seaweed to assist their expertise.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
9 hours ago, Gibby said:

The thing that baffles me is that SW England over the last few days has seen the coldest period since 2010 and that goes totally unnoticed

Gibby this comment has really made me realise how potent this cold snap has been, a bit of a light bulb moment. 

I have in a stange way really enjoyed the (real) cold a nice week's break and then another shot would be lovely, if that brings snow then great if not I'll enjoy the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of -2.7°C this morning. A bit grim today!

Bournemouth down to -4.8°C ..

2016-12-02 (1).png

Temp: 3.3°C - Hum: 98% - Dew: 2.8°C - Bar: 1026.89hPa - Wind: Variable @ 1mph.

It's a shame that my average temp won't be like this as we head towards the Christmas period.. wacko1.gif

chart (1).png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Well I woke up to fog yesterday morning and it lingered all day! Been a chilly couple days with cold nights... Tuesday I even had to de ice my car before I went AND when I was leaving work! Now that's a first :cold-emoji:

Roll on more cold snaps/spells :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Back to dull and cloudy today. Prefer the crisp sunny days to this, at least the sun warms the house and the frost looks nice. 

Temperature 6.7°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted

Eeee, by glum, it's a bit dull out there today, with the struggle to hit a negative value overnight, it has made all the frost from the area disappear.

Right, now a drop of rain would be nice please, wash all the salt off the roads, and let's take our next step into December.

Seems like a good time to avoid the MOD forum, until sanity returns or they lock a few snow raged folks in white jump suits..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

A top temp of just 4.4°C today, and just a high solar reading of 58Wm⁻² - that goes to show how dark and dismal it has been!

Posted

Foggy for a while yesterday though I noticed it had just about cleared by lunch time, max 4.3C. 

A min of -4.6C again this morning (same as yesterday), but no fog this time although there was some early yesterday evening. The temp was pretty flat, near -4C by 10pm and stayed that way until 7am when it clouded over, though it stayed stayed below zero until shortly before 10am with thick frost, which made it look very wintry.

So the coldest was Nov 30th at -5.4C, though the minima here do fall behind December 2014 (-6.7C), February 2012 (-7.6C), and January 2011 (-7.4C)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just saw this and thought of you lot  :D

IMG_0038.PNG

• Like 3

Posted

Phew, positively balmy out there this morning, in comparison to the last few days. Currently 4.8C.:rofl:

Some light patchy rain earlier

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy .5.8c.  Humidity  78%rh. Breeze easterly to 17km/h.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bright and much milder than of late now that the cold front has gone through... (yes that's right). Waiting for the cold air to return now.

Posted

There's been a few fleeting sunny spells, but it has been mainly overcast. It's feeling chilly in the strong Easterly wind too.

Temp: 7.5°C - Hum: 77% - Dew: 3.7°C - App Temp: 3.3°C - Bar: 1022.69hPa - Wind: E @ 10mph, gusting to 21mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Did briefly see the sun this afternoon. Otherwise another cloudy day after a much milder night than of late. Temperature dropping away now although far slower than a couple of days ago.

High temperature was 7.8°C and currently temperature is 3.7°C. 

Posted

Clear with a breeze. 1·8c. 

Posted

It's a frosty night here, there's been frost on the cars since about 6.30 - feeling rather nippy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cold clear and frosty start again. Lovely!

Very surprised to see such a potent cold spell forecast for next week too!

image.png

• Like 2

Posted

Cold, clear with a lovely coating of frost. Perfect day for Frome Christmas market, hoping it's a little less packed than Bath yesterday.....Christmas market and rugby in the same day, quite a few people about!

Posted

A ground frost this morning, but the air temperature only dropped to 1.4°C
Blue skies now, but it is windy again, making it feel pretty chilly.

Temp: 6.7°C - Hum: 71% - Dew: 1.8°C - App Temp: 1.9°C - Bar: 1021.03hPa - Wind: ENE @ 10mph, gusting to 20mph.

Posted

Continued downbeat people in the model thread yet here we are again with perfect winter conditions.

We have been to Stourhead today and on the way the countryside / villages were considerably colder than in town with frost everywhere.

Then at Stourhead part of the lakes was frozen. I mean, goodness me, what a fantastic winter week it has been. I dare say this surface cold will take longer to shift than forecasts predict in the next few days.

As an aside, I couldn't get a photo of it but we saw a plane contrail which turned black! Has anyone else ever seen that?

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted

Moon and Venus showing well..    Down to 3.0c. ....