Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

the last three days have been almost perfect winter days only need snow now.

Peak low temperature:

-1.C on Tuesday

-4.C yesterday

-7.C right now, maybe coldest since 2010, the sunset yesterday was really good lots of bright colours.

the frost is also very hard today

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted

Currently -3.6°C, the sun is trying it's best to emerge from a veil of thin cloud over the channel. I wonder if that cloud is heading this way today?

We certainly appear to be in the cold pocket of the UK this morning, according to this

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/weather/maps/current?LANG=en&CONT=ukuk&LAND=UK&REGION=0003&SORT=2&UD=0&INT=06&TYP=tmin&ART=kartealle&RUBRIK=akt&DATE=--&CEL=C&SI=mph

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

-6.5 this morning with some freezing fog outside - beautiful 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, khodds said:

-6.5 this morning with some freezing fog outside - beautiful 

-6.2c so not quite as cold here last night but certainly chilly with clear skies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

Currently -7.7 here . kids not very happy about walking to school in it lol. they are both trussed up like turkeys . 

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nights King said:

-6.2c so not quite as cold here last night but certainly chilly with clear skies. 

We are half a degree colder here than yesterday. Love mornings like this

Posted

Looks as though with the incoming cloud, this morning will see the last of the deep minus numbers in the area, as we head into a cloudier environment with temps failing to fall near the recent values.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
4 minutes ago, nettie said:

Currently -7.7 here . kids not very happy about walking to school in it lol. they are both trussed up like turkeys . 

A mere -7.3 C here. I'm quite looking forward to things defrosting today!

Posted

Yesterday morning had -5.4C here, then a maximum of 7.6C but it was very calm and some patchy frost/frozen ground remained in the shade. By 3pm the temp dropped very quickly.

It's already just -0.8C now due to some freezing fog, after a min of -4.6C at 04:11. The frost looks a bit whiter than yesterday and it looks very wintry with the fog.

We've seemed a little warmer here than places to the N/E though. I often keep up with many stations that are at least a few degrees colder than me this time.
It's +3C up at Dunkeswell so I feel the warmer uppers may be having more of an effect here with a shallower inversion

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

A mere -7.3 C here. I'm quite looking forward to things defrosting today!

Hmm not sure they will defrost today with ground so cold to be honest. Maybe over a couple of days but nothing mild forecast for this week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

A paltry -0.4c least we got a frost though! Dare not say this on the model thread but after looking at the weather charts with tongue firmly in cheek and being it's 1st December.....winter is over!

:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, festivalking said:

A paltry -0.4c least we got a frost though! Dare not say this on the model thread but after looking at the weather charts with tongue firmly in cheek and being it's 1st December.....winter is over!

:rofl:

I poped into that thread and nearly had an accident with my razors shortly after. I'd advise against going in. :fool:

• Like 1

Posted

I darent venture over to the models thread without my emergency Prozac.  Think I'll leave it a few days!! Let them get back on the Christmas spirits..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Cor blimey it's nippy this morning. I'd hazard a guess last night was the coldest night so far around here, garden looks beautiful. Crazy weather means the Hydrangea that was still flowering like mad last week is now frozen solid; it's a black stemmed variety so the frozen white, lacecap flowers are really highlighted with the sparkly frost. Lovely :D 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, khodds said:

I darent venture over to the models thread without my emergency Prozac.  Think I'll leave it a few days!! Let them get back on the Christmas spirits..

It always seem best to leave them for 240hrs, as most things in there always look at their best @ that range:hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Very chilly here in Kilmersdon at -6.8C in the last hour. Managed to avoid the freezing fog though. I too don't dare go into the model discussion thread anymore. Too much hype over phantom T240+ hrs charts and over analysis. The weather will make an a** of all of us including weather models but for me it is definitely going to become milder next week. My own 2 Week thoughts can always be found on the below link without the hype at http://norton-radstockweather.co.uk/extended-2-week-forecast

IMG_0981.JPG

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Gorgeous winter's morning out there, hard frost and quite foggy too, my second best favourite winter weather! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Freezing fog thickening up at the moment, if this doesn't clear all day I wonder if we can scrape an ice day, would be impressive for the first day of winter. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

Freezing fog thickening up at the moment, if this doesn't clear all day I wonder if we can scrape an ice day, would be impressive for the first day of winter. 

I always find fog brings mixed blessings as it tends to stop you from breaching record lows all too often but it can be stunning if you get proper freezing fog or indeed melt frost if it rises above freezing quite quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Interestingly it was clear when I got up at 06:30 then it had become foggy by 07:30. That would be the best combination - really low minimum followed by fog to keep the temperature down. Alas, it's cleared again and now it's beautifully sunny again. Same low of -05.6C last night as the night before.

Not looking forward to the few days of mush next week that are currently being timed perfectly for when I'll be giving some family and friends a tour of Bristol. I'd hoped for cold crisp conditions like recently. If it has to be balmy mild then at least let it be dry with maybe some sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Very thick fog here in Nailsea, can barely see out the window 

• Like 1