Sign in to follow this  
A.J

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

Was 3.1c at midnight after 6c for most of Tuesday.
Got down to -1.4c at 6am
Now -1.3c, 1034.8 hPa, very light wind and moved to a NW form the overnight NE.

Good morning all, after watching the temp stick at -3c all of the evening I woke up this morning to see -6.6c. 

-6.0 when I checked the thermometer this morning, what a beautiful day it is too! Got a well deserved day off today, first one in a few months.. going to make the most of it :D

-6.5c was my overnight low I think with it currently on -6.4c stunning to see. Lets hope we see more days like these. 

Some good negative numbers coming in and the sunrise was a classic over the channel this morning..

Bournemouth picking up -7C

Edited by Dorsetbred

12 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Some good negative numbers coming in this morning, and the sunrise was a classic over the channel this morning..

Ah,I do wish I lived by the coast. I`d be quite happy to swap my healthy negative temps for decent sunsets!

Only -6.7 here, plenty chilly enough!!

My old thermometer isn't the best so as Nights King is just up the road with very similar topography, I'm guessing we got down to just below -6. It looks beautiful outside. The slippery deck caught the dogs out this morning when they charged back down the garden - legs flew in all directions! Glad it's a sewing at home day though, rather than an outside, gardening day :cold:

-6.8 (proper thermometer) this morning and the car saying -8... I think I'll trust the former!

Had to scrape the car twice last night, once on the way to and then on the way back from running... 

I see that I may get another decent frost tonight too - I am enjoying this weather - just wish I was able to be outside more today to enjoy it!

Holy moly it's cold we hit -6 last night.

I love extremes this is certainly one of those occasions

The local weather station temp standing at -5.2 here at the moment. A lovely cold, frosty morning. Many more to come I hope.

Edited by John88B

-05.6C the minimum here last night and a gorgeous morning it is now! Took a detour through the countryside to take some frosty photos on the way to work. Probably the frostiest looking day this year along with January 20th.

Min of -4.8C last night.

Lovely over the fields this morning.

IMGP1000_sm.jpgIMGP1001_sm.jpg

Lowest -3.3c. at 06:16 this morning Now -1.9c.  Sunny and frosty.  Cold taking images of deer in my pyjamas and dressing  gown earlier.......

Just now, ARTDEMOLE said:

Lowest -3.3c. at 06:16 this morning Now -1.9c.  Sunny and frosty.  Cold taking images of deer in my pyjamas and dressing  gown earlier.......

I'm impressed that you got the deer to put them on in the first place.

Temp bottomed out at -3.8C at 8am this morning. Quite a large drop, seeing as we were nudging 1.5C around midnight. Hoping the car will defrost before I have to set off to get fitted with some new bins.

Morning all.

-5.0c when I went on to work at 6am.

Fromey

It got down to -4.7°C here, still not lower than January 20th.

Temp: 4.7°C - Hum: 74% - Dew: 0.4°C - Bar: 3035.56hPa - Wind: SSW ~ W @ 2mph.

I've been cleaning up leaves each day, so that they don't build up. There wasn't a leaf to be seen yesterday, but after this morning's frost, they're falling in showers.

20161130_121819_HDR.jpg  20161130_121955_HDR.jpg

The cat is enjoying the low sun though!

20161130_122116_HDR.jpg

I'm really enjoying this sunshine, even if its still cold outside sat at my desk looking out is really nice.