Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

NetWx and Arpege:

viewimage.png 2016-11-28 (3).png

A few degrees lower than that, is possible.

I'll be surprised if it gets below zero here, the winds are likely to stay gusting to 20mph around these parts. Hopeful of a good dew point and windchill though. :)

Thanks for that, we generally do pretty well on the low temp side up here, i was just surprised how quickly the dew point dropped along with the humidity today!

fromey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fromey said:

Thanks for that, we generally do pretty well on the low temp side up here, i was just surprised how quickly the dew point dropped along with the humidity today!

fromey

Just a quick look at Tuesday in to Wednesday.. The Arpege at 8pm tomorrow and 6am on Wednesday:

2016-11-28 (6).png  2016-11-28 (7).png

I'm not a huge fan of the Arpege, but you never know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temps dropping fast!!

IMG_2075.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray, the Sun came out :yahoo:It turned into a beautiful day here, rapidly turning really rather chilly now though. My money's on Gibby getting the lowest temperature tonight in our area, his village is low lying, in a valley and a real frost pocket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely day today doing my gardening work,long may it continue,can do work in the coldest of temps,its the heat that does for me,being dry too really is the proverbial bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first frosty drive home having to defrost screen at 5.30pm going to be cold night. -0.1c already

Edited by Nights King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Hooray, the Sun came out :yahoo:It turned into a beautiful day here, rapidly turning really rather chilly now though. My money's on Gibby getting the lowest temperature tonight in our area, his village is low lying, in a valley and a real frost pocket.

Yes you could be right. Interestingly the temperature rose a bit between 5 and 6 as the breeze picked up a bit. Currently at 3.6C but it was 2.6C at 5:30pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Yes you could be right. Interestingly the temperature rose a bit between 5 and 6 as the breeze picked up a bit. Currently at 3.6C but it was 2.6C at 5:30pm

The temp here stopped falling for a while but now down  to 2.5c, dew -3.7c

fromey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the key words on Ians' picture tonight:

image.jpeg

Some classic words there:

Probable, likely, Risk

Keeping to the middle of the road there Ian..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting there slowly!

IMG_2076.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are coldies in the Model thread seemingly obsessed with only snow ?

Surely a high with frost and fog is likely to mean proper winter cold and if it hangs around long enough brings chances of frozen ground, permafrost, icicles, rime, perhaps even crystallised fog. We haven't had any of that for AGES!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why are coldies in the Model thread seemingly obsessed with only snow ?

Surely a high with frost and fog is likely to mean proper winter cold and if it hangs around long enough brings chances of frozen ground, permafrost, icicles, rime, perhaps even crystallised fog. We haven't had any of that for AGES!

couldn't agree more Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why are coldies in the Model thread seemingly obsessed with only snow ?

Surely a high with frost and fog is likely to mean proper winter cold and if it hangs around long enough brings chances of frozen ground, permafrost, icicles, rime, perhaps even crystallised fog. We haven't had any of that for AGES!

Totally agree Andy! True cold lovers should love all aspects of cold.

Meanwhile, the temp has stopped falling here at 1C grrr!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Why are coldies in the Model thread seemingly obsessed with only snow ?

Surely a high with frost and fog is likely to mean proper winter cold and if it hangs around long enough brings chances of frozen ground, permafrost, icicles, rime, perhaps even crystallised fog. We haven't had any of that for AGES!

Quite agree! I haven't seen an icicle since the 90's, or my pond with ice that was over a foot thick, when I rode my BMX on it. LaieA_020.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Quite agree! I haven't seen an icicle since the 90's, or my pond with ice that was over a foot thick, when I rode my BMX on it. LaieA_020.gif

agree with that.

i would rather get the cold in first, get the ground temps down, nothing better than a cold frosty morning.

fromey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmm to much wind here tonight for a frost tonight. And looking like the breeze will put paid to freezing temperatures in the next two days. Still, it feels positively baltic out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Mmmm to much wind here tonight for a frost tonight. And looking like the breeze will put paid to freezing temperatures in the next two days. Still, it feels positively baltic out there.

I'm inclined to agree or at least agree in as much that temperatures might not be as low as previously thought. The wind having dropped towards dusk has picked up if anything with gusts to 10mph. Still 3.0C in Kilmersdon currently but it does feel cold out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperature has been dropping throughout the evening until recently when it's stopped at 3.1°C. Still quite breezy which probably explains why it's not going any lower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gibby said:

I'm inclined to agree or at least agree in as much that temperatures might not be as low as previously thought. The wind having dropped towards dusk has picked up if anything with gusts to 10mph. Still 3.0C in Kilmersdon currently but it does feel cold out there.

Can confirm here on West mendip we have frost on the cars ,that was 9pm ,no wind at present ,owls are a screeching , cheers .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Quite agree! I haven't seen an icicle since the 90's, or my pond with ice that was over a foot thick, when I rode my BMX on it. LaieA_020.gif

Not even in 09 10 11 or 12?? :cc_confused:

I had them on the inside of my house in 10! 

icicle.jpg

 

 

Not dropping very fast here either tonight.. its just below freezing at -0.2c but halted for a while now.

Edited by Nights King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suddenly started dropping again, now down to 2.4°C. Not sure it'll get to freezing with the breeze but it's getting a bit closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely and coldest start this month. -02.5C and clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...