Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
beerandkebab

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

Please carry on here

old thread here   -------> 

Coldest day of the season so far with a max of 9.3°C. Started off sunny but quickly clouded over and stayed cloudy for most of the day. 

Cool rather than cold sums it up,totally laughable tv forecasters saying it will feel bitterly cold....what 48 to 52 degrees,wind or no wind chill,thats just not true,if,in the unlikely event that we had an Easterly gale and 30 degrees,yes that is bitterly cold,either that or the Met have drastically revised,how they assess temps nowadays.

could be a nippy one tonight though...temp here has already dropped to just 1C, so hopefully a bit of frost in the morning

Chilly again tonight, temperature currently 0.3c here

Edited by khodds
Not relevant

Brr! didn't expect it to be quite as cold this morning, the min was -3.7C with a nice frost. Looks like I was one of the coldest places around. 

It's still -0.7C but the leaves have already started to rain off some of the trees.

Cold last night with a minimum of -02.4C, now bright and sunny with frost still around on the ground and roofs. 02.6C.

The temperature was very up & down during the early hours, I didn't get as low as I thought it might. Bottomed out at -0.2°C

chart.png

Lots of sunshine, but quite windy again, gusting to 22mph.

Temp:8.1°C - Hum: 69% - Dew: 2.8°C - WChill 5.9°C - Bar: 1007.32hpa - Wind: NNW ~ NNE @ 9mph.

Nice timelapse from yesterday, with plenty of fireworks: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/timelapse.htm

• Like 1

Very showery here in west Cornwall today. Even a little hail in the showers at times.

Not a breath of wind now, very strange considering the forecast.

here along the M4 corridor, it's fully overcast now, with rain not too far away, a stiff northerly breeze developing and feeling flipping cold!...temp currently 5.3C and falling

Got up to the dizzy heights of 7C earlier in unbroken sunshine but falling sharply again now that rain has arrived. Can't help but think this would be a band of snow a month on with lower uppers and ground temperatures.

As with Friday a very poor forecast which showed scattered showers moving SW into the region but the reality has been a band of heavy rain.

Could be icy in the morning considering the temperature is dropping already, hopefully the councils are ready for gritting.

Second frost more widespread this morning all over the grass but not yet covering anything higher.

First air frost last night with a low of -0.9°C. Ended up sunnier than forecast here with just a bit of cloud through the middle part of the day and it was the coldest day of the season again for the second day on a row with a high of 8.1°C.

Had some rain not long ago and the temperature has dropped quite quickly to 4.0°C. 

Lovely sunny morning, bit breezy & no frost.

Temp 5.0c

One word....Brrrrrrrrr:cold:

• Like 2

I was expecting it to be a lot colder than it was this morning, only dropped to 3.8°C - quite windy today, gusting to 23mph here.

Temp: 8.3°C - Hum: 70% - Dew: 3.2°C - WChill: 5.3°C - Bar: 1014.29hPa - Wind: NW ~ NE @ 12mph.

Looking like a fair amount of rain to come over the next seven days, Tuesday in to Wednesday looks very wet!

viewimage.png

• Like 1

Same here, down @ 3.6C, as the wind and the early evening cloud kept temperatures up overnight. 

Edited by Dorsetbred

2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I was expecting it to be a lot colder than it was this morning, only dropped to 3.8°C - quite windy today, gusting to 23mph here.

Temp: 8.3°C - Hum: 70% - Dew: 3.2°C - WChill: 5.3°C - Bar: 1014.29hPa - Wind: NW ~ NE @ 12mph.

Looking like a fair amount of rain to come over the next seven days, Tuesday in to Wednesday looks very wet!

viewimage.png

and with temperatures struggling, that will feel absolutely vile tomorrow if out in the rain. Cold rain is my WORST weather type :bad:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

and with temperatures struggling, that will feel absolutely vile tomorrow if out in the rain. Cold rain is my WORST weather type :bad:

Mine too, but it's far better than the mild, SW airstream rain which we had time and time again 10 to 12 months ago. This year seems/is vastly different and we're much nearer proper wintry conditions. There have already been 6 ground or air frosts, did we even get that many during all Autumn/Winter 2015/2016!?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Mine too, but it's far better than the mild, SW airstream rain which we had time and time again 10 to 12 months ago. This year seems/is vastly different and we're much nearer proper wintry conditions. There have already been 6 ground or air frosts, did we even get that many during all Autumn/Winter 2015/2016!?

100% agree, I don't mind short term pain for long term gain! I'll take 2 weeks of cold rain if it means a proper cold winter!!

Things looking good so far!