Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Was surprised to see the frost lasting all day in the shade here today,close to freezing now,tomorrow much the same,lovely conditions to be out and about.As Andy above suggested,these conditions are every bit a part of Winter,used to be much more in evidence in years gone by.Seen icicles this year,years ago commonplace,but slightly more unusual in recent years.If the people suggesting that cold ground conditions aid snow to lie [I don't know] then these conditions will do no harm.As for my gardening work tomorrow,might just find a crust on the earth,certain bits of lawn in the shade have that hard bobble underneath,sure sign the cold is getting down.

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, jy said:

Was surprised to see the frost lasting all day in the shade here today,close to freezing now,tomorrow much the same,lovely conditions to be out and about.

Wow surprised to see such a big difference between you and the coast, it made it up to 7C here, with a fair smattering of sunshine.

Your right though this is what December is about, cod nights and nice sunny days just taking the chill off the air, with the breeze nipping at the exposed areas.

I dont even talk the 4 letter s word, as it's not a usual occurrence down here, so no reason to get upset if it doesn't appear.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Mind you Dorset when I travelled from here to play football in Bournemouth,might be say 40 degrees in Bournemouth,just above freezing here,also in fairness I wasn't at home so didn't check any maximum for here,just near to freezing on my return.

Posted
1 minute ago, jy said:

Mind you Dorset when I travelled from here to play football in Bournemouth,might be say 40 degrees in Bournemouth,just above freezing here,also in fairness I wasn't at home so didn't check any maximum for here,just near to freezing on my return.

Can understand that, it's a balmy 4.8°C down here right now.

Posted

Yes that stacks up in as much as when quoting my previous post,i was young enough to play football,but also lived 5 miles South of where I live now and also with 100ft elevation,which makes a bit of a difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Not a star in sight. Only light pollution reflecting on the clouds... 2.3c.

Posted

Whilst waiting for the ever educational Match of the Day to come on,i by chance came across my gardening diary for 2010,what surprised me wasn't just Dec 2010,but also the previous January.Also very notable was the amount of frost at both ends of the year.What made this year so remarkable was that only the thundersnow of 28/1/04 [I think],and a couple of fairly minor snow events,largely covered my snow experience since moving down here in 1990.Im sure ive missed some bits,26 years is a long time,i guess living in London and then upland Kent60s to 80s I was used to seeing snow.What I find interesting though is all the archive pictures of Devon,Dorset ect showing communities snowed in during a similar period of time,makes you wonder sometimes how long peoples kids might have to wait to see low level snow for any time in the South of England,who knows....maybe this Winter.

Posted

Horrible, cloudy and cold today.

Yesterday, on the other hand, was fantastic. This was the New Forest, near Godshill.

IMGP1023_sm.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Big temperature difference between home and work this morning, I had to scrape the windscreen at home which was well below freezing yet once down by the M4 and cloud cover the temperature was 4 or 5 degrees warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A low of 3.3°C this morning. It started off overcast, and then the sun started to peep through. It's still bright, but more cloud around.

Temp: 9.8°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 8.1°C - Bar: 1022.32hPa Wind: ENE ~ E @ 5mph.

They're firing at the ranges in Lulworth today, its so loud that it is making the house vibrate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well this morning saw what was probably the last frost for a good week or so now but still struggling to warm up currently. 

3.1c after a high today of 4.1c

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Up @7.8C here on the coast. A lot of moisture in the air, proven by the concrete slabs out in the garden being very damp, and  is beginning to swirl around under the halogen light.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Mornin' all, currently:

6.9°C 

Rh 91 %,

It's damp, and misty, although clearer than yesterday, with no breeze.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

yuck. I hate this gloomy mucky weather, it's vile. At least there is a glimmer of light in the mod thread... for the time being anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

What a grotty morning. Barely light, fog and everything's dripping wet. Yuk. Bring back the clear frosty mornings please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Fog. 6.5c. No breeze to take it away...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Dull, grim, dark, dank . and nasty.

Temp: 11.4°C - Hum: 92% - Dew: 10.1°C - Bar: 1025.80hPa - Wind: Variable ~ Calm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Dull and damp. No other way to describe it. 10.2°C.