Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Very similar to the last couple of days with a sunny morning followed by a cloudier early afternoon then a sunnier end to the afternoon. Felt cold in the wind earlier and even now the light breeze is certainly noticeable.

Temperature reached 8.4°C and is currently 8.1°C  but certainly doesn't feel like that. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temperature peaked at 6c today which is 0.3c warmer than yesterday although it is falling far faster this evening with it already down to 1.0c

First snow warnings out for northern half of country lets hope we finaly get a widespread snow event this winter as it sure has been a while! :nonono:

Posted
13 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Temperature peaked at 6c today which is 0.3c warmer than yesterday although it is falling far faster this evening with it already down to 1.0c

First snow warnings out for northern half of country lets hope we finaly get a widespread snow event this winter as it sure has been a while! :nonono:

The last major snow was 18th January 2013 so closing in on 4 years! We moved house 2 weeks after that and since being at our current house there hasn't been more than a dusting, be it slushy or powdery snow.

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

The last major snow was 18th January 2013 so closing in on 4 years! We moved house 2 weeks after that and since being at our current house there hasn't been more than a dusting, be it slushy or powdery snow.

We had a couple of wet temporary coverings here and there but quite unusual to see so little at elevation for years. Im moving lower down in the spring to shepton mallet so its my last winter on top of mendip for foreseeable.  :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

We had a couple of wet temporary coverings here and there but quite unusual to see so little at elevation for years. Im moving lower down in the spring to shepton mallet so its my last winter on top of mendip for foreseeable.  :closedeyes:

Noooooo you aren't allowed to move! I rely on you to tell me what's going on weather wise up there :sorry:

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

Noooooo you aren't allowed to move! I rely on you to tell me what's going on weather wise up there :sorry:

Im far more gutted but i cant afford to buy house up in village because outsiders have driven up house prices :sorry:

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Im far more gutted but i cant afford to buy house up in village because outsiders have driven up house prices :sorry:

Here's hoping your last winter on Mendip is one to remember!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 hours ago, Nights King said:

Bloody outsiders  :aggressive:. That's a shame though. At least Shepton is higher than Wells.. you'll still have an advantage on me :rofl:

Edited by khodds
Spelling mistake

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
2 hours ago, khodds said:

Ahem....Mendip resident here. If Mully moves, I think that makes me the highest hill billy outside of Dartmoor.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Ahem....Mendip resident here. If Mully moves, I think that makes me the highest hill billy outside of Dartmoor.

You can take the hill out of the boy but ill be up there at the first whiff of a flake! :D but yes you probably will be. Dont even see Dartmoor Matt around last few winters.. he was good early indication with approaching fronts for us hill billys.

2 hours ago, khodds said:

Bloody outsiders  :aggressive:. That's a shame though. At least Shepton is higher than Wells.. you'll still have an advantage on me :rofl:

Yes Shepton is still fairly cheap for decent size place and it is higher than average town. House looking at is 450 feet i'll have to re adjust my snow expectations accordingly though :sorry:

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted

Mornin' All, currently:

1.2°C (34.2°F), Apparent temp -0.3°C

With the onset of cloud cover the temp stalled and even the ice on the car was soft/ almost just water.

Wind has turned into the SE, a sign of things to come as it's been NNW for a while..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

-5 here this morn, bit sharp, colder than I expected!!! Suspect Frosty Hollows was even colder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite the contrary here! Morning frost ruined by cloud arriving way ahead of schedule. Already 1C after a minimum of -2C earlier in the night.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Disappointed I didn't wake to a frost this morning, instead only got down to 1.3c, as MP-R say's, cloud came in a lot earlier than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Quite a hard frost this morning - temp down to -1.3°C

chart.png

I've spent a few hours tidying the garden, sucking up lots of leaves ready for another batch to appear tomorrow, after the strong winds and rain. :D

It looks like the pressure will get below 1000mb for the first time since the 16th June - that's quite an impressive run!
Somewhere between 993 and 994mb perhaps?

viewimage.png  viewimage (1).png  viewimage (2).png

Temp: 7.8°C - Hum: 83% - Dew: 5.1°C - Bar: 1008.84hPa - Wind: Calm.

Posted

Had first real white frost this morning.
Got down to a low of 0c at 6am too.
Felt very cold yesterday with the WNW wind chill, temp was 6-9c yesterday.

7.2c now, SE wind, 1010 hpa, looking very grey
Forecast looks like a lot of rain heading this way later. Last rain was Friday 5mm.
Wind tomorrow picking up too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Dear weather gods.....please can you make the incoming rain torrential, accompanied by gale force winds.....knock every last leaf off the trees then blow them all away, I'm sooooooo bored with clearing them at work. 7 acres of parkland, trees dotted every 50-100 foot or so and they don't like the leaves left on the ground  :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Another frost last night although it didn't quite drop below freezing with a low of 0.1°C. Been a cold feeling day and the temperature has slowly risen to a high of 8.4°C a few minutes ago ahead of the rain which is just arriving here.

Edited by matt111

Posted

Been raining for a few hours now and the temperatures still rising, now up to 8.7°C. Pressure about to drop below 1000hPa for the first time in quite a while.  

Posted

Mornin All, a damp night providing us with some welcomed rainfall this month, amounting to 9.8mm

Currently: 6.7°C (44.1°F), Apparent temp 5.3°C 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Plenty of cold rain over night it's now blown through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Had a fair bit of rain in the end, 16.7mm. Clear spells but breezy now.

Temp 7.7c

Edited by SteveB