Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's been some sunshine this morning, in fact, most of the week has been bright, despite the forecast. Windy today, feeling chilly with it.

Temp: 11.1°C - Hum: 81% - Dew: 8°C - App Temp: 7.2°C - Bar: 1020.12hPa - Wind: NE @ 11mph, gusting to 27mph.

Posted

Windy enough today to blow the horseshed in the field over again. It's now flipped over facing North, South and East. They might give up now.

In other news, a swan fell off a roof in Downton this morning and landed on a lady's car, while she was driving. It seemed OK, so we had to lead it back to the river.

My friend who lives nearby had to pick it up to get it through the gate. All terribly exciting. :reindeer-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Nothing like as exciting to report from around here.

Dull, overcast with a chilly, brisk wind. I suppose on the plus side, almost all the leaves are off the trees now so clearing has nearly finished:-) Farmers are cutting the hedges on the roads ready to catch the snow when it comes, height of them means drifts should be a good 8ft tall.......shush all of you, I can but dream.

• Like 3

Posted

The GFS is a disgusting computer model.

Why do companies even bother allowing its public distribution or availability?

Talk about being stringed along, disgusting to say the least. Utterly disgusting, awful awful model.

Does anyone else feel the same?

We are now looking at mid December. It'll then blow up another fake scenario and be New Year.

Disgusting.

• Like 1

Posted

Some grips really need to be got !

The weather is the weather regardless of what any computer model wishes to project for days / weeks in advance.

Forecasting from computer models was wrong on Monday evening for Tuesday daytime earlier this week!!

Let's go back to the 80s when all we had to go on was a tv prediction for a few days ahead!

Posted
1 hour ago, Snow shut work said:

The GFS is a disgusting computer model.

Why do companies even bother allowing its public distribution or availability?

Talk about being stringed along, disgusting to say the least. Utterly disgusting, awful awful model.

Does anyone else feel the same?

We are now looking at mid December. It'll then blow up another fake scenario and be New Year.

Disgusting.

Chill, Winston...

lightning show on bbc4 in a minute. Might have to tape it. Can't see that getting approval.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Whatever the models are/are not showing, we've already had interesting weather this autumn. I can't believe how strong the wind is and it's been blowing well for 24hours now. Coupled with the Rain on the weekend/Monday and the remarkable dry period September/october. This year is certainly different from autumns of recent times. I can't remember one like it, can anyone else?

Posted

So Tokyo have had their first November snowfall in 54 years, which is the first time in recorded history it also settled. Now then, 54 years ago was 1962... What happened that winter? :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-38088036

• Like 1

Posted

Oh my goodness me, I can see some blue in the sky :-) It's chilly, still breezy but...IT'S NOT GREY!

• Like 3

Posted

Hello sunshine :D what a beautiful day! The grey and dull was starting to get on my nerves. Seems like forever since we had a sunny day but in reality it was only last week. 

Seems like a good day to try and fix the weather station. If it can't be fixed guess what I'll be asking for Christmas :santa-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I think the last time it was this sunny was last Friday funnily enough. So much nicer now and the air is noticeably drier than the last week.

Posted
2 hours ago, bellanite said:

. Seems like a good day to try and fix the weather station. If it can't be fixed guess what I'll be asking for Christmas :santa-emoji:

A piece of string and a pebble?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Briefly scanning the MOD thread today, I noticed it's dripping in blood, and that it is changing to the 240hr outlook thread, as so little seems to be stable at anything less than 240hours.

The chase for winter seems to be gaining a pace as it heads now for mid December and on towards January..There's a free supply of Prozac for anybody prepared to last a full day of analysis..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A lovely start to the day, 4.3hrs of sunshine already. The NE wind has finally dried out the lawn enough to give it one last cut.

Temp: 10.5°C - Hum: 62% - Dew: 3.5°C - Bar: 1019.37hPa - Wind: NE @ 6mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Lovely day so far with almost clear skies. Feels warm inside with the sun coming in but still quite cool outside in the breeze. Temperature currently 10.2°C. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

A piece of string and a pebble?

That would be far too technical for me! He he. 

Station patched up for now. Something had chewed through the cables which was sending it haywire. No idea how something got up there. Bizarre!

Been a beautiful day really has lifted my spirit. Got to 10.5c earlier, temps now falling rapidly currently 7.3c. 

Posted

What a ridiculous contrast of a week!

From the wettest 72 hours (Saturday 18.00 - Tuesday 18.00) in ages to a completely sunny Friday under a chilly East flow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Briefly scanning the MOD thread today, I noticed it's dripping in blood, and that it is changing to the 240hr outlook thread, as so little seems to be stable at anything less than 240hours.

The chase for winter seems to be gaining a pace as it heads now for mid December and on towards January..There's a free supply of Prozac for anybody prepared to last a full day of analysis..

This was always going to happen... the 4 year snow drought continues. :mellow:

• Like 1

Posted

Someone's pressed the re-set button, back to grey. On the plus side, we had a hoard of long tailed tits earlier, they only appear here when there's cold weather about; I'm taking it as a positive sign they're stocking up in preparation.....

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, jethro said:

Someone's pressed the re-set button, back to grey. On the plus side, we had a hoard of long tailed tits earlier, they only appear here when there's cold weather about; I'm taking it as a positive sign they're stocking up in preparation.....

I thought the same a few days ago when we had some in the garden. Also have seen a few fieldfare which is positive too.

This Autumn is much much different. Every football Saturday last November and December was muggy/wet. Last week was damp/cold and today cold/dry from the East.