Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

So yesterday was very much 'ugh' and today is more 'meh'. Perhaps later in the week we'll get some 'ahh' with brighter skies and less musty air. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, last nights showers were certainly a spectacle! Lightning, hail, torrents of water.. 34mm yesterday and a further 5.2mm after midnight.

72 hour period dropped 77.4mm. The monthly total is at 117mm, the MetO regional average is 82.9mm

chart (1).png  chart (2).png

Breezy today, but some sunshine here and there.

Temp: 10.3°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 7°C - Bar: 1000.91hPa - Wind: SW ~ WSW @ 10mph.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

More spells of pelting rain this morning, a far cry from the showers that were predicted. I haven't emptied my gauge yet today as it's still raining but it looks nearer 35mm to the naked eye which is a further 15mm from yesterday evening.

Posted
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Well, last nights showers were certainly a spectacle! Lightning, hail, torrents of water.. 34mm yesterday and a further 5.2mm after midnight.

72 hour period dropped 77.4mm. The monthly total is at 117mm, the MetO regional average is 82.9mm

chart (1).png  chart (2).png

Breezy today, but some sunshine here and there.

Temp: 10.3°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 7°C - Bar: 1000.91hPa - Wind: SW ~ WSW @ 10mph.

You must have been "In the zone..." as we picked up a mere 15.3mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Damn twitter feeds - should be banned! Only variation today was the intensity of the rain. Utterly grim!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A further 3.4mm of rain today bringing the total since Saturday to 51.8mm. Looks drier for the rest of the week.

A breezy and mostly cloudy day today with a high of 11.3°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

What I'd give to see these charts in the reliable time frame! :cold:

18_252_preciptype.png

5834cd541580f_ukmintemp(1).png.d5ca466d375c84c58b5fd7a23103622f.png

Yup. FI throws up the low, and mixes with cold air from the North, hence it shows a snowfest for Wales/Midlands and parts of the SW corner and South Midlands.. Lovely to see, albeit one chart in FI from the 18z candy run! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
29 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

What I'd give to see these charts in the reliable time frame! :cold:

18_252_preciptype.png

5834cd541580f_ukmintemp(1).png.d5ca466d375c84c58b5fd7a23103622f.png

As if.. :laugh::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Much better morning here, dry, overcast and cool but not raining :-)

Oh god this scrolling pages thing does my head in!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

If anyone heads to the model thread beware that there will no doubt be massive over reactions, group prozac sessions and general morbidness. This morning a rather cold and wintery model run was had, the law of averages suggest it will turn mild and mushy tonight!

I'm more interested in the next few days there seems to be a squeeze in the isobars tomorrow as its looking like a stern easterly tomorrow with gusts up to 45mph IMBY. Easterly winds can be disruptive along the coast, dawlish comes to mind. Not a common weather type and if had in January could of led to some really cold days. Will still feel cold though in the next few days.

On On!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Sunny spells today, not too bad. I was expecting it to be overcast, so that was a bonus! Top temp of 8.9°C

Temp: 8.3°C - Hum: 90% - Dew: 6.7°C - Bar: 1016.53hPa - Wind: NE ~ NNE @ 6mph.

Posted
15 minutes ago, festivalking said:

If anyone heads to the model thread beware that there will no doubt be massive over reactions, group prozac sessions and general morbidness. This morning a rather cold and wintery model run was had, the law of averages suggest it will turn mild and mushy tonight!

I'm more interested in the next few days there seems to be a squeeze in the isobars tomorrow as its looking like a stern easterly tomorrow with gusts up to 45mph IMBY. Easterly winds can be disruptive along the coast, dawlish comes to mind. Not a common weather type and if had in January could of led to some really cold days. Will still feel cold though in the next few days.

On On!

Yes indeed I'm expecting a high body count this evening.

On a gloomier note yes it does look like it could be quite breezy tomorrow with the squeeze between the LP/HP Here we have kept the SC all day although it did break a little around midday

sfcgust_d02_13.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy this morning but turned sunnier this afternoon with a high of 9.5°C. Currently 8.7°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Easterly wind up now making a racket and keeping little one amused with mum and dad not. Long night abound!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning all.

you couldnt make it up, a very breezy N/E wind and overnight the temp hit 8.5c which was 1.2c warmer than the day time temp!

fromey

Posted

Well I only just got round to posting my rainfall stats from the recent events:

From the manual gauge, Saturday night gave 38.0mm here (though over 60mm fell locally about 5 miles W/NW of me with nearly 30mm in under an hour there).
Sunday night/Monday gave 57.6mm... though about 13mm was from heavy showers after the streams and sometimes the rivers had peaked, so this didn't significantly affect the flood magnitude. Another 3.3mm fell the next day so if that's included, 60.9mm fell.

Total: 98.9mm 

Split into 00:00-00:00 daily totals, the Davis under-read significantly in the 2nd event for some reason:

19th: 32.3mm (Davis 31.6mm) 
20th: 11.2mm (Davis 10.6mm)
21st: 53.4mm (Davis 47.8mm)
22nd: 3.3mm (Davis 3.0mm)

A few pics I took: flooding here (first pic), River Sid in Sidmouth after it had dropped a foot or so (2nd pic), and the River Otter at Ottery St Mary.
IMG_9222.JPGIMG_20161121_145007352.jpgIMG_9269.JPGIMG_9272.JPGIMG_9276.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great pictures Evening thunder!

Grey and mild start with a brisk breeze, 7C. Looking forward to the skies clearing as they showed hints of doing late yesterday before a surprise warm front turned up.