Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Self employment sometimes dictates you work whatever the conditions,mind you having worked in the rain for 6 hours,ironically its stopped raining on my way home lol,the curse of the riverkeepers also holding up,many complaining about the low clear rivers making coarse fishing so difficult at present,well at one of my work places the Hampshire Avon is up nearly a foot and going faster than Usain Bolt lol

Edited by jy
spelling error

Posted

Looks like we missed out on the heavy rain today, just a short spell of a few mm between 11am to noon.
Forecast early morning was for heavy rain all day, now showing some heavy rain around midnight to early morning with some stronger winds.

Wind has been SE and now Southerly, 15-20mph. 985.0 hPa, 12c
Was a mixed blue and cloudy sky during the morning, but very grey skies now.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Wow, I had no idea how bad the roads were until mid afternoon when we had phone call after phone call of patients cancelling! Then the police were closing roads around the area... nightmare! But exciting all the same.. think I'm a bit nuts 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
11 minutes ago, khodds said:

Wow, I had no idea how bad the roads were until mid afternoon when we had phone call after phone call of patients cancelling! Then the police were closing roads around the area... nightmare! But exciting all the same.. think I'm a bit nuts 

Truly awful day for me too. That rain was incredible though for someone that likes extremes of all weather. Flooding caught us by surprise at work and had an awkward conversation of do we open gates or not and risk flooding homes further down river but kept them closed in the end. Much more rain and it would have been a problem :ninja:

I see the mod thread is still in wonder land tonight with amazing charts, is it me or have we been looking at these same amazing charts since the end of october? Now we looking at start of december and next we will be looking at amazing charts for mid january! Been here before? :mellow: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems we've got off lightly with the rainfall so far with 'only' 45.4mm since Saturday. 12.8mm so far today with more to come overnight. 

A bit drier this afternoon with a few showers after a very wet morning.

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not has bad getting home from work as I thought it would be, roads were clear and very little flooding that I saw. I know some villages near to Weston have had flooding issue though.

50.7mm today taking the total for the month so far to 169.2mm

Posted
35 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Truly awful day for me too. That rain was incredible though for someone that likes extremes of all weather. Flooding caught us by surprise at work and had an awkward conversation of do we open gates or not and risk flooding homes further down river but kept them closed in the end. Much more rain and it would have been a problem :ninja:

I see the mod thread is still in wonder land tonight with amazing charts, is it me or have we been looking at these same amazing charts since the end of october? Now we looking at start of december and next we will be looking at amazing charts for mid january! Been here before? :mellow: 

Yeah, it's like having a carrot dangled at the end of your nose and never able to get it... even Ian has gone quiet of late.

raining again.

Posted

My neighbours roof has leaked due to the rain too... the houses are only two years old!!

Posted

Interesting to see a few people posting cumulative rainfall totals for the last few days. What are some others?

I have 20mm more in my gauge from today, the 48 hour total since Angus begun is 68mm.

Ian had a table on his Points West broadcast showing Exeter at 96mm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Last 48hrs has seen 50.8mm today and 18.8mm yesterday making it 69.6mm 48hr period

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I haven't seen rain like this for a while.. September 16th storm was the last time, and the rain wasn't as heavy as this.

11.6mm in the last 40 minutes. 8.8mm fell in 15 minutes. Daily total now at 31.2mm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Surprised that 'only' 42mm fell here today, but that does nevertheless make it the wettest day of the year and for some time too!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Cumulative total here from Saturday 09.00 to 16,00 today is 71.3mm.  More has fallen since but as I only have a copper gauge, I'm not going out to check tonight!

Posted

Now watching NHK... another earthquake and tsunami imminent in Japan 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

15.8mm of rain in the end. Seems much less than a lot of places nearby.

Edited by matt111

Posted

The forecast winds and rain didn't materialise much here last night.
Between 11pm to 2am, the wind was 20-25mph with some 30mph gusts and a couple of 40-45mph ones.-
From 2am, the wind dropped to 15mph with a few 20mph gusts.
Just 1mm rain since midnight around 1am and 3.30am.
Yesterday rain total was 4.2mm, about 1mm between 10pm and 11pm and a few mm between 11am to noon.

Now, 10.3c, 996.3 hPa, dry with a 6mph SSW wind.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning, a grey, murky start here for the day. It's a typical November morn, fog but not too thick, everything's dripping wet, but on the plus side it's not raining and it's not cold. We've gained a woodpecker to the bird feeder crowd but no sign of the long tailed tits yet, hopefully it'll be cold enough soon for them to re-appear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Spoke too soon.....it's now pouring. Deep joy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 minutes ago, jethro said:

Morning, a grey, murky start here for the day. It's a typical November morn, fog but not too thick, everything's dripping wet, but on the plus side it's not raining and it's not cold. We've gained a woodpecker to the bird feeder crowd but no sign of the long tailed tits yet, hopefully it'll be cold enough soon for them to re-appear.

What a grey day! This is the type of autumn weather I hate, thick fog and gloom. yuk