Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SW & CS England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

Evening all,

Very gusty evening and appears to be getting stronger with the rain starting to ease off. A good 12 hours of rain so far, was needed I think!

Currently had a gust of 50.9mph at 1am, rainfall from Angus so far is 26.2mm.

Have already got one tree down on the route home and plenty of surface flooding around my neck of the woods. One example was water pouring off a field, a sign of the dry season we've had so far.

Posted

What are people's pressure readings currently? Mines always been quite reliable, but its currently showing 972mb, which would make it a record for my station.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, SnowMania said:

What are people's pressure readings currently? Mines always been quite reliable, but its currently showing 972mb, which would make it a record for my station.

Posted
5 minutes ago, SnowMania said:

Closest stations to us showing 977-979mb atm

Posted
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

974.03 hPa

Just now, Man With Beard said:

Closest stations to us showing 977-979mb atm

Thanks for that guys, appears mine has gone a little off calibration! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Pressures falling very quickly now. 975.86 hPa. Started raining again.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Monday's rainfall totals are looking rather excessive as well:

viewimage.png

Could cause a lot of flooding with the amount of rain already fallen tonight.

Edited by matt111

Posted

I was going to post this in the Wales forum, my home turf, but it's currently a bit of a dead zone; Chivenor on the north Devon coast and St. Athan on the Vale of Glamorgan coast are both reporting sleet. That can't be correct, surely? It it is, it bodes well for nearby inland areas in the next hour or two.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well that was a loud and blustery night, not easiest to sleep through.

Snow threat for Monday am seems to have all but vanished :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted

Not as windy overnight as I was expecting.
Between 1am and 4am was the worst of the wind with constant 30-35mph wind andalso constant gusts of 40-45 mph.
A lot of aerials seemed to be the main culprit , as loads are hanging off and just about everyones wheelie bins are knocked over.
Plenty of stuff in the gardens strewn about.
Quite a bit of fence damage for some of my neighbours.

6mm of rain since midnight, most of that was 3am to 4am.
Yesterday evening, had a lot of rain, with yesterday's total 16.8mm
Most rain fell between 6pm - 7pm and from 10pm to midnight. We also had a heavy spell of rain between 2pm and 3pm, erst of day was dry or light drizzle.
Got down to 966.5 hPa at 4:24am.

Now, dry, light grey cloud.
Westerly 10-15mph with an occasional 20mph gust, 987.4 hPa and rising, 91% humidity.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Well that was a loud and blustery night, not easiest to sleep through.

Snow threat for Monday am seems to have all but vanished :sorry:

we had snow (not forecast) in parts of south wales last night so am hopeful the next system will bring something

dulais top.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
8 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Monday's rainfall totals are looking rather excessive as well:

viewimage.png

Looks like it's packing a lot more rain than we picked up yesterday, which will certainly cause some flooding issues, typically Bmth Lower gardens..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Amber warning out for Devon & Torbay

Issued at: 10:48 on Sun 20 Nov 2016

Valid from: 05:00 on Mon 21 Nov 2016

Valid to: 23:55 on Mon 21 Nov 2016

On Monday a further broad area of heavy, persistent rain will move northwards across southwest England. Although the more persistent rain should clear from Devon by early afternoon, heavy and possibly thundery showers are likely to follow. Please be prepared for further disruption to transport due to localised flooding, whilst flooding of homes and businesses is also possible.

Some 20-30 mm of rain is expected fall in a 3-6 hour period in places, with as much as 40-60 mm possible locally through the whole of Monday. The ground has been left very wet from Saturday night's rain and this increases the risk of further flooding.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1479686400®ionName=uk

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, that was a fun night! I did get pretty rough here, a few things banging and crashing outside from time to time, nothing like 2013/2014 though. I had a top gust of 44mph and windspeed of 23mph, which exactly matched the Met Office forecast, so i'm happy with that.
The rain (pre-frontal showers) started at midday yesterday and all the rain had passed through by 2am. So, in a 14 hour period, my manual gauge recorded 38mm, my Netatmo gauge recorded 36.3mm and my Davis 37mm.
The pressure bottomed out at 965.56 hPa which is a new record.

Swanage took a bit of a hit, as they do from Southeasterlies - lucky it was only neap tide, or the flooding could have been pretty extensive. That large pressure drop certainly pulled the water up!

chart.png chart (2).png chart (1).png

After spending the last few days jet washing the garden and cleaning up every leaf I could find, it looks like a bomb has gone off- leaves everywhere! lol

Temp: 7.8°C - Hum: 83% - Dew: 5.1°C - Bar: 992.18hPa - Wind: WNW @ 4mph.

Certainly a lot more rain to come over night..

viewimage.png viewimage (1).png

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Was woken up by a loud thunderclap at approx 12.11 this morning. It was one of those were you are not sure if it's in your sleep or not, but it definitely was! Saw another flash about 3 minutes after followed by another crash, but this one was further away to my NW. Then that was it! The rain causes surface flooding around here, probably caused by blocked drains from fallen leaves.