Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
    5 hours ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Not going to happen then ' as everytime you Ramp that we all will get Snow ' we get RAIN .. Stick to your music Dude ' some sweet lines going down Butt

sorry your losing faith - we did get quite a bit of snow in December - the winter is moving into stage 3 now - colder temps are much more possible and from the set ups being modelled this Saturday could deliver, but next Tuesday/Wednesday is also a SNOW day - with re-loads after that - warnings are coming through for this Saturday from forecasters already as they are not totally sure the cold uppers will have more of an effect on the front coming in - and mentions of snow for next week are already being spoken about too - Feb will be the month you see snow this year - and accumulating snow on lower ground too

gfs-2-132.png?0

gfs-2-192.png?0

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 9.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
    10 hours ago, andymusic said:

accumulated snow from next week could be quite something

gfs-2-198.png?18

gfs-2-204.png?18

Love those charts, Andy.  Could even see some snow here in Pembrokeshire out of those conditions.  Had several fairly vigorous hail showers here this morning - hoping for this to be repeated as snow from Monday onwards....    It looks like the cold conditions could hang around for a while so maybe several snow falls in various parts of Wales to come.

• Like 2
    Posted

ian fergusson - meto/bbc - respected forecaster - applies to Wales aswell as the west country

ian ferg.png

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
    6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

it's snowing here again

Weve had some off and on suns out now very windy........

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

Sleet and rain last night and this morning a few light soft hail showers, cold and very windy. Hoping for better in the coming days. :cold:

Andy please keep ramping, don't stop that will jinks the snow chances :D

• Like 1
    Posted
    7 hours ago, andymusic said:

ian fergusson - meto/bbc - respected forecaster - applies to Wales aswell as the west country

ian ferg.png

Some back edge snow for low ground as colder digs in Saturday with snow across high ground ,Tuesday outbreaks of snow heavy at times -8 uppers perfect ,if it goes pearshape on Tuesday  mets super computer as will not work again when i pull the plug out LoLimage.thumb.png.bcd9e604519567eccf31f65d8a0a25e9.png

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Some back edge snow for low ground as colder digs in Saturday with snow across high ground ,Tuesday outbreaks of snow heavy at times -8 uppers perfect ,if it goes pearshape on Tuesday  mets super computer as will not work again when i pull the plug out LoLimage.thumb.png.bcd9e604519567eccf31f65d8a0a25e9.png

we can all go down to Exeter and stage a sit in lol

Posted
    On 30/01/2018 at 08:15, Snowyowl9 said:

5 cold snaps on there way in 10 days a record.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=l

Yes Snowy very unusual to see very cold air dig in from the north and from the east at the same time This cold spell looks severe and prolonged cold spell with big strat warming takes place as the polar votex splits in 7 to 10 days time.image.thumb.png.697cf1fec170ca95603bf929f2122f25.png

Posted
    7 hours ago, andymusic said:

Derek's even on board and gave the Tuesday snow a mention lol

That's it then,  if Derek says it will happen it will! :yahoo:He is God after all!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Derek's latest tweet mentions very little snow or much precipitation whatsoever. Mentions rain and a little sleet Monday/ Tuesday.......

Posted

let's have some snow maps - always a cheery site lol

Saturday's front (tomorrow) could have some surprises too

Tuesday next week

gfs-2-96.png?6

gfs-2-102.png?6

Wednesday

gfs-2-120.png?6

Thursday - Friday

gfs-2-162.png?6

gfs-2-168.png?6

think that's enough for now lol

• Like 2
    Posted

Can't see any way back in for the Atlantic next week. Anything falling from the sky will be white with that continental air hanging around.

This could be memorable!

• Like 2
    1 hour ago, andymusic said:

let's have some snow maps - always a cheery site lol

Saturday's front (tomorrow) could have some surprises too

Tuesday next week

gfs-2-96.png?6

gfs-2-102.png?6

Wednesday

gfs-2-120.png?6

Thursday - Friday

gfs-2-162.png?6

gfs-2-168.png?6

think that's enough for now lol

Keep us posted Andy , it's looking good !

Posted
    5 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

The BEAST FROM THE EAST is coming image.thumb.png.bea72f025e4bf32d197fd17b1ca7b5fc.png

More from Liam Dutton

image.thumb.png.fc4e3e9d8e09f7ad619e591613035bd1.png

Edited by keithlucky
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

The cold is coming but snowmageddon isn't looking likely at the moment, but cold and dry will suit me down to the ground if we don't have any snow cos I'm fed up of cold rain. Hopefully some features will pop up when the cold is embedded to give us some decent accumulations but at mo my feet r firmly on the ground 

• Like 1
    Posted
    58 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

The cold is coming but snowmageddon isn't looking likely at the moment, but cold and dry will suit me down to the ground if we don't have any snow cos I'm fed up of cold rain. Hopefully some features will pop up when the cold is embedded to give us some decent accumulations but at mo my feet r firmly on the ground 

yep my feet are firmly on the ground too 240m up lol

Posted
    1 hour ago, freeze for all said:

Agreed. Am a ramper myself but I don't trust those GFS charts this far out. What is for sure is next week is cold and there may be some surprises through disturbances in the flow. Next Thursday Friday looked better to me for snow but not checked latest model runs yet

• Like 1