Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

I'm happy now I've had my fix ? There's a nice covering on the hills  

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

I think this system will keep going till tomorrow morning - it's snowing heavy again here now and how I know is the flippin husky got out into the fields so I had to go and rescue her - couldn't stand the thought of her being out in the freezing weather, but yeah I know huskies love it lol - yep looking a cold week - snow will sit around till at least Wednesday when maybe a slightly milder bit of air will come in bringing some rain but back to snow late Wednesday into Thursday and then once again the freezing weather is locked in for another weekend - not sure about precip for next weekend not looking vey snowy right now but it is 6-7 days away - so enjoy the snow you have - looks like it'll be around for at least a couple of days - now to go and give the dog what for and tell her not to do that again - could just imagine if I hadn't found her should be a frozen doggy by morning - doesn't bear thinking about.

• Like 2

Had several hours of heavy snow along the coast of Sully/Barry where I work. Started to stick on grass/cars etc. Disappointed to come home to Tondu which is further inland and higher up to find there is nothing here, not sure how the coast managed to fair better than my home :laugh: It was still lovely to see the heavy snowfall!   

I cannot see much change in the weather pattern atm the odd mild spell yes, but with la nina this strong a northern type blocking is set to remain ,look at the size of la nina  its HUGE image.thumb.png.2fac1796f3e74c2da9d91c899f8b0ce7.png

image.png

Edited by keithlucky
4 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

The band of precip coming in to the south/south east tonight/tomorrow, anyone think theres a chance it could graze us in the south? or is that hoping for too much?

Looks like a possible streamer could set up tomorrow night especially west Wales https://twitter.com/bbcweather

7 inches of snow depth here in Cwmbran.

Not sure I'll be able to get the car out of my street tomorrow.

Crazy weather for early December.

Nice though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1