Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted

snowing right now - didn't pull an all nighter in the end - but patchy snow in places - looks like there could be more coming yet and in for the day - sorry for those who've had sleet/rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Looks like another shocker of a forecast again ???

Posted

I thought the forecast was quite clear that some would get it and some wouldn't? Also it's supposed to be throughout the day so plenty of chances.  Heads of the valley area has been hit so the forecast was right for me. Obviously elevation is to our advantage though. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Lots of stamping of feet here because it didn’t snow 6” on their house. Scroll back through the comments and people stamping their feet because the Beeb and MetO chopped and changed from sleet to snow to rain to snow etc. Surely that gave an indication of how marginal it would be for some.

I think the forecast was bang on. A “be aware” warning that that didn’t quite make it to the south coast. 

There has been widespread snowfall throughout Wales. Some will have had a dusting some a dumping. It’s the first week of Winter. Get a grip people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

still snowing here - looks white up on dowlais on the cams - yes - xmas card scenes on the rhumney one too - and right noe senghenydd mountain a total white out - and snowing hard here too

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Wet and sleety unfortunately and nothing to get excited about - more of the same forecast for today by the look of it. Never mind plenty of time to go

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Has much accumulated?

it's patchy so far but with this next batch that may all change very shortly

really going for it now - could be my 2 - 5cms coming right now as planned lol

absolute white out here now - loverly jubbly lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

it's patchy so far but with this next batch that may all change very shortly

really going for it now - could be my 2 - 5cms coming right now as planned lol

Andy.....incoming!!

image.thumb.png.060c00acedacee86c909ac122aaa7c24.png

• Like 1

Posted

one blizzard with extra wind as planned lol - was just waiting for me to get up - lazy bugger eh lol

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - 50p sized flakes blizzard style - WOW and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything white now - that didn't take much lol

from zero to hero lol

husky is still asleep - will have to wake her up now and get some mushing done through the snow

winter wonderland has arrived in Ponty and only after 8 days of winter - quite something

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

That's heading straight towards me too lol.

It's snowing in Heath, Cardiff now - just outside my office - quite heavy shower so some evaporative cooling going on!

JK

• Like 2

Posted

First snowfall of the winter here 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snowing here in Cardiff. But only when it started to get heavier. Around -7c upper temps at the minute but -9/-10 by 10am ish which should make all showers snow to all levels then. 

• Like 1

Posted

Back to very light drizzle now. Looks like showers are losing most of there energy just outside Cardiff to the hills!

Posted
4 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Snowing here in Cardiff. But only when it started to get heavier. Around -7c upper temps at the minute but -9/-10 by 10am ish which should make all showers snow to all levels then. 

Nothing here in pentwyn.

Posted

sorry to say this again - but it's banging it down here - must be in the sweet spot right now amazing

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

over 200m here. Again. Can't seem to get below that here for the last 5 years. Very frustrating 

It is very frustrating. This will change later on and it will be cold enough everywhere but will there still be the showers around then. Probably not knowing our luck! 

Posted
Just now, bradythemole said:

It is very frustrating. This will change later on and it will be cold enough everywhere but will there still be the showers around then. Probably not knowing our luck! 

but if the lower 850 temps are in and we've had a couple of frosty nights - that should give us a better shot at Sunday's offerings too

Posted
39 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

Lots of stamping of feet here because it didn’t snow 6” on their house. Scroll back through the comments and people stamping their feet because the Beeb and MetO chopped and changed from sleet to snow to rain to snow etc. Surely that gave an indication of how marginal it would be for some.

I think the forecast was bang on. A “be aware” warning that that didn’t quite make it to the south coast. 

There has been widespread snowfall throughout Wales. Some will have had a dusting some a dumping. It’s the first week of Winter. Get a grip people. 

2-5cm widely even lower levels was the forecast, I haven' seen that happening so not bang on

Posted
44 minutes ago, Blackjack said:

bit OTT i think. Some mild disappointment which is understandable. The only stamping of feet here seems to be yours 

Posted
6 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

2-5cm widely even lower levels was the forecast, I haven' seen that happening so not bang on

not sure that was just overnight totals - think it may include whatever turns up today also as the warning goes from 00.05 Friday to 18.00 Saturday - 2 -5cms widely - 10 - 20cms in places

Edited by andymusic

Posted
5 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

2-5cm in places the warning said. And it was until 18:00 Saturday. Let’s see what today brings as the air gets colder. 

• Like 1