Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

I'm back in Cardiff now and I live right in the middle of the city (Churchill Way). My thermometer in the shade has just recorded 30.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Another scorcher here in Barry where I live atm, must ve around 30C, shame my weather stations back home with the parents! 

Very quiet in here with the heat and thundery potential! 

Posted
On 25/06/2020 at 13:54, DeepSnow said:

Another scorcher here in Barry where I live atm, must ve around 30C, shame my weather stations back home with the parents! 

Very quiet in here with the heat and thundery potential! 

Heavy rain shower at 15.00 here in Wrexham on 1st July 2020

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

More like October here than July - 100% overcast, strong to gale force winds, rain on the way.  Not even particularly warm.  Where has the summer gone?   

Posted

Getting worse now, as if that was possible.  Really low cloud base makes it look like we’re fogged in, but really it’s very low cloud with heavy drizzle driven sideways in the strong wind - exceptionally strong for July.  Bound to have some damage in the garden by the end of the day tomorrow because everything is heavily in leaf and not able to stand up in these winds.  It’s quite disheartening.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Cloudy and cool here today, much like the previous few days but without the drizzle .  Yes, it’s dry here in Pembrokeshire and there is some hope of a few slightly warmer and sunnier days to come.   Maybe I’ll get a chance to see that comet, after all.  But don’t hold your breath.... 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Could be quite a surprising difference in maximum temperatures in the UK over the next few days.  Might be as much as 15C cooler in my location compared to the south east....  35c v 20c?  Not that I’m complaining....

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 1

Posted

After a very cloudy but humid start to the day the sun has finally emerged and it is having an immediate effect on the feel of the weather.  It’s still humid, with very little breeze, and with the sun out it now begins to feel like a heatwave - well, a Welsh heatwave anyway .   I expect the night to be warm and a little uncomfortable but nothing like as bad as Londoners will suffer.  Tomorrow will probably be the warmest day of the weekend in this part of the world but I don’t think any records will fall.

Posted

Very distant rolls of thunder have now turned into a pretty constant rumble which looks to be coming from the far south west - around Pembroke possibly.  It also looks like Swansea is getting a decent thunderstorm too.  It’s all moving north by northwest so I expect we will see something interesting here later in the day....

Posted

Thunder and lightning incoming over Pembrokeshire. I can see lightning and hear lots of thunder just out to sea from Pembroke. Mammatus clouds over Pembrokeshire !!! 

• Like 1

Posted

We had a ten minute spell of intense rainfall here accompanied by thunder but the lightning wasn’t such a feature as it was mostly concealed by cloud cover.  The noisy bit has moved away towards Newport and Dinas Cross now but it’s still raining.  There’s more lighting on the radar around Laugharne and Pendine but seems to be headed this way so maybe some more to come....?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

High impact warning on Met Office matrix, 

Severe thunderstorm risk - parts of Midlands, Wales & then northern England Monday pm, large & damaging hail, torrential rain, frequent lightning & possibly very strong/gusty winds. Very small chance of 150mm in 3 or 4 hours. 

and Nick F's forecast from earlier https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/uk/convective 

aug10convnick.png

aug10mowarnNW.png

• Like 1

Posted

Frequent non stop actually lightning and delicate thunder in the last hour best displays since last summer all to the west,also had a thundery shower earlier,what a good start to the week..

• Like 2

Posted

The day ended fine and sunny yesterday after the rain and thunderstorms had all passed away to the north.  It’s a lovely start this morning too, with blue skies lit up by the rising sun and mist in the valleys gradually lifting.  Quite warm but not expected to be uncomfortably hot today, thankfully.  Gorgeous!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes. - I just spent half an hour gazing at it in wonder.  Looks like it’s over Carmarthen or even further east, so maybe 25 miles away.  Is this too far for the sound to travel?  The cloud top must be at least 10,000 feet and easily visible for us.

Posted

Never experienced storms before like those occurring in Swansea right now. Constant lightning. Constant thunder all merging into a   continuous rumble....storm heading west over Llanelli now but another approaching from the east

Edited by WelshSnowFan
Bad grammer
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, WelshSnowFan said:

Never experienced storms like those occurring in Swansea right now. Constant lightning and thunder as a constant rumble....storm heading west over Llanelli now but another approaching from the east

the one approaching from the east, we just had. 

Edited by viking_smb
extra text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Gutted i missed the storms last night, went about 8-10miles to the north of me, looked amazing from what I could see from that distance. Hopefully something will crop up around where im going to be working today in Cowbridge! 

Posted

It’s very wet and windy here already but worse is forecast for tomorrow night.  And it’s still August.  Sigh.

Posted

Blowing an absolute hoolie in Tenby right now. Dread to think what’s happening on the campsites in the area: would have thought there will be a lot of folks with trashed tents sleeping in their cars...

Feels like a proper winter storm.

Posted

Wind speed expected to peak in this area in the early hours tomorrow morning with gusts up to 60mph but I suspect we will get higher than that.  Strong winds predicted for the whole of Friday and Saturday.  Hope this isn’t a foretaste of October and November.....