Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

I realise it’s only one run from one model, but GFS 06z shows phenomenal snow amounts in parts of Wales at the back end of the week.

Normally that would be something to hope for and look forward to but given the amount of flooding already in place, any lying snow will just exacerbate existing issues when it melts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I realise it’s only one run from one model, but GFS 06z shows phenomenal snow amounts in parts of Wales at the back end of the week.

Normally that would be something to hope for and look forward to but given the amount of flooding already in place, any lying snow will just exacerbate existing issues when it melts.

Would that be north or south? I agree that it would only make matters worse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Would that be north or south? I agree that it would only make matters worse

North Wales projected to have huge snowfalls. South Wales looks wet...again. Either way doesn’t look good.

This is what I’m looking at...if anything like this came off it would cause complete chaos..07A4FE62-60E3-489A-B2CB-6875D78D19D9.thumb.png.90ecfc4916b5a6b08115dc00f02bc1e4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quicker we get out of this winter and into something drier the better. For those who may be lucky enough to have some snow enjoy it. Hopefully those affected by flooding won't suffer again this week too badly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I realise it’s only one run from one model, but GFS 06z shows phenomenal snow amounts in parts of Wales at the back end of the week.

Normally that would be something to hope for and look forward to but given the amount of flooding already in place, any lying snow will just exacerbate existing issues when it melts.

latest gfs model showing similar right to the end - seems winter will be late again this year

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

latest gfs model showing similar right to the end - seems winter will be late again this year

ANDY back he smells the snow,With 50cold weather records being broken across North America,,Greenland is going into deep deep cold with -50f being recorded across Greenland for the next fortnight (that's 15 f below normal).If we get any northerly type flow it will feel bitter.across uk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

ANDY back he smells the snow,With 50cold weather records being broken across North America,,Greenland is going into deep deep cold with -50f being recorded across Greenland for the next fortnight (that's 15 f below normal).If we get any northerly type flow it will feel bitter.across uk.

Very uncertain  country file .snow maybe maybe not for Wales Wednesday/Thusday They not sure on the path of the Lp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the meantime more Biblical rain here this morning.  Torrents of water running down the road.  At least some snow would be a respite but I would rather have a week of sunshine at this time of year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back in Cardiff today and it's absolutely terrible. Torrential rain once again. I wouldn't be surprise if we saw more flooding during today. I'll keep you posted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More overnight rain...more flooding. Enough already. Don’t care about snow...wouldn’t bloody settle anyway, unless it’s magic snow which can miraculously settle on top of flood water!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, andymusic said:

latest gfs model showing similar right to the end - seems winter will be late again this year

Andy is back = snow! ❄️?️?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday into thursday looks interesting for a bit of snow. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

Just heard on Radio 5 live disruptive snow in South Wales for Rush hour Thursday morning. 

Interesting as no one else has said this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Interesting as no one else has said this.

There's actually some snowflakes mixed in this heavy sleet here in Cardiff at the moment. I'm right in the middle of town and can definitely see some flakes mixed in. Local weather stations reporting around 4C, so a bit mild for proper snow but at least there is some wintriness in these showers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Liam Ellis said:

There's actually some snowflakes mixed in this heavy sleet here in Cardiff at the moment. I'm right in the middle of town and can definitely see some flakes mixed in. Local weather stations reporting around 4C, so a bit mild for proper snow but at least there is some wintriness in these showers. 

I live in Caerphilly now, have done since last July. Should have a better chance up here than previously.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I live in Caerphilly now, have done since last July. Should have a better chance up here than previously.

BBC also has light snow for tonight (doubt we'll have much here) but to be honest, I'd be happy with the lightest of snow showers after seeing nothing all winter! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been snowing lovely for the past half an hour - big flakes too - 5 days before the end of official winter is over - really is taking a lot of time for the uk to cool down these days - snowing while i type again - too warm to stick - let's see what happens tonight and thursday morning

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be interesting overnight when the wind switches to N westerly and colder air moves in,anywhere in Wales could see a covering by the morning

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • A nip in the air once the rain clears with strong winds in the next few days

    A cold front is bringing rain over England and Wales this morning with a coolness behind it. The risk of frost appears with gales for the SW on Thursday and a chilly north wind for all by Friday. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Hurricane Teddy and eastern Canada

    Hurricane Teddy is forecast to transition before it makes landfall over Nova Scotia midweek then impacting Newfoundland but there is already wet and windy weather reaching eastern Canada Read more here

    Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...