Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I realise it’s only one run from one model, but GFS 06z shows phenomenal snow amounts in parts of Wales at the back end of the week.

Normally that would be something to hope for and look forward to but given the amount of flooding already in place, any lying snow will just exacerbate existing issues when it melts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground
43 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I realise it’s only one run from one model, but GFS 06z shows phenomenal snow amounts in parts of Wales at the back end of the week.

Normally that would be something to hope for and look forward to but given the amount of flooding already in place, any lying snow will just exacerbate existing issues when it melts.

Would that be north or south? I agree that it would only make matters worse

Posted
26 minutes ago, dbaloo said:

Would that be north or south? I agree that it would only make matters worse

North Wales projected to have huge snowfalls. South Wales looks wet...again. Either way doesn’t look good.

This is what I’m looking at...if anything like this came off it would cause complete chaos..07A4FE62-60E3-489A-B2CB-6875D78D19D9.thumb.png.90ecfc4916b5a6b08115dc00f02bc1e4.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Quicker we get out of this winter and into something drier the better. For those who may be lucky enough to have some snow enjoy it. Hopefully those affected by flooding won't suffer again this week too badly 

Posted
4 hours ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

latest gfs model showing similar right to the end - seems winter will be late again this year

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

latest gfs model showing similar right to the end - seems winter will be late again this year

ANDY back he smells the snow,With 50cold weather records being broken across North America,,Greenland is going into deep deep cold with -50f being recorded across Greenland for the next fortnight (that's 15 f below normal).If we get any northerly type flow it will feel bitter.across uk.

Posted
48 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

ANDY back he smells the snow,With 50cold weather records being broken across North America,,Greenland is going into deep deep cold with -50f being recorded across Greenland for the next fortnight (that's 15 f below normal).If we get any northerly type flow it will feel bitter.across uk.

Very uncertain  country file .snow maybe maybe not for Wales Wednesday/Thusday They not sure on the path of the Lp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

In the meantime more Biblical rain here this morning.  Torrents of water running down the road.  At least some snow would be a respite but I would rather have a week of sunshine at this time of year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

I'm back in Cardiff today and it's absolutely terrible. Torrential rain once again. I wouldn't be surprise if we saw more flooding during today. I'll keep you posted. 

Posted

More overnight rain...more flooding. Enough already. Don’t care about snow...wouldn’t bloody settle anyway, unless it’s magic snow which can miraculously settle on top of flood water!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
16 hours ago, andymusic said:

Andy is back = snow! ❄️?️

Posted
2 hours ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Interesting as no one else has said this.

There's actually some snowflakes mixed in this heavy sleet here in Cardiff at the moment. I'm right in the middle of town and can definitely see some flakes mixed in. Local weather stations reporting around 4C, so a bit mild for proper snow but at least there is some wintriness in these showers. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Liam Ellis said:

There's actually some snowflakes mixed in this heavy sleet here in Cardiff at the moment. I'm right in the middle of town and can definitely see some flakes mixed in. Local weather stations reporting around 4C, so a bit mild for proper snow but at least there is some wintriness in these showers. 

I live in Caerphilly now, have done since last July. Should have a better chance up here than previously.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

I live in Caerphilly now, have done since last July. Should have a better chance up here than previously.

BBC also has light snow for tonight (doubt we'll have much here) but to be honest, I'd be happy with the lightest of snow showers after seeing nothing all winter! 

• Like 1

Posted

been snowing lovely for the past half an hour - big flakes too - 5 days before the end of official winter is over - really is taking a lot of time for the uk to cool down these days - snowing while i type again - too warm to stick - let's see what happens tonight and thursday morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

No snow as usual here just torrential showers

Posted

Could be interesting overnight when the wind switches to N westerly and colder air moves in,anywhere in Wales could see a covering by the morning

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Hail and sleet here, heavy showers. That wind is icy. ! 

• Like 1