Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

snowing and settling just south of Wrexham

• Like 2

Heaviest early november snow I`ve recorded already got a covering,been snowing for the last 75mins.

1c after the first air frost of -1.3c all wrapped into a nice bundle.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 3

You guys who are lucky enough to see the white stuff today enjoy it!photos please ❄?

• Like 1

Earlier this week I had been thinking about driving to Brenig with my bike this weekend for a ride around both Alwen & Brenig; but decided not to. I think I made the wrong decision.....

Cold easterly was with some fog thats lifted somewhat the ppn is fizzling light drizzle at 1.6c its going to be a very cold day for early november need to look at my records here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Cold easterly was with some fog thats lifted somewhat the ppn is fizzling light drizzle at 1.6c its going to be a very cold day for early november need to look at my records here.

More to come snowy as a Scandinavian  ridge builds from the N east gradually  turning colder as next week progresses  getting colder,Very nice start of winter coming!

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Sleety/wet wet snow out now sticking to the bin.

Edit: big flakes snow now looks like the remains of this morning`s snow not going anywhere,frost by dawn,it will be icy.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 1

‘Cor lummy! Leave Ceiriog Valley  for Manchester on’t train Saturday am - car lock frozen,  crisp and glorious frosty morning, come back to not inconsiderable amount of snow. ❄️❄️❄️???? 

• Like 3

Yep wall to wall blue skies frost 0.6c and very frozen snow,had an extra patchy slight covering,where the wind was the snow has all gone,and theres extra snow out of the wind strange indeed.

• Like 1

As its quite, here's a few pics from the past few weeks around swansea..... right who's off to hunt for wet snow in the Beacons later?

P1420681.jpg

P1560216.jpg

P1560370.jpg

P1560393.jpg

• Like 3

Wet snow on the cars here when returned from work quite slushy and temps dropping like a stone currently 2degrees down from 4....come on evaporative cooling ???

• Like 1

Just drove home from Cardiff to Tondu and currently have heavy rain/sleet which i didn't expect, some nice big icy flakes hitting the windscreen! 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Just drove home from Cardiff to Tondu and currently have heavy rain/sleet which i didn't expect, some nice big icy flakes hitting the windscreen! 

Will it snow in Caerphilly? Bought a house just over the mountain so no more will it snow in Cardiff lol

On outskirts of Cardiff currently (around 150m tbf) but sleety rain and quite a lot of flakes in the rain too. 3c

Snowing here now dewpoint and temp currently 0! Got to love evaporative cooling. We are 178m absl here! 

• Like 1

Its my Birthday today and guess what i got ? Hello Winter!!!!! sticking now...this could be awesome

P1570530.JPG

• Like 1

Heavy, settling snow here for the last hour or so. This is a little unexpected, especially as Derek Brockway on Wales Today promised snow above 400-500 metres only just an hour ago!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Will it snow in Caerphilly? Bought a house just over the mountain so no more will it snow in Cardiff lol

Im sure you'll get plenty more up there! Haha

Still sleety rain here, its like it wants to snow at times but just can't quite manage it

• Like 1

A good inch down here in ystradgynlais and still snowing. 

16 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Heavy, settling snow here for the last hour or so. This is a little unexpected, especially as Derek Brockway on Wales Today promised snow above 400-500 metres only just an hour ago!

I'm at 78m ...lol got about 2 cm atm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Just went over the mountain and a dusting up there and snowing. Still snowing at The travellers rest coming into Thornhill. Then sleety rain there downwards. Didn’t think the snow line would be as low as it has been so far

• Like 1