Jump to content
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, foggybrynna said:

Is there anymore snow next week or is it going milder 

Going milder for the next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Summerstorm said:

Enjoy the snow guys wish i had gotten some too but can't complain as i had 2 inches here on Wednesday. 

glad you got the snow this time,  12 months since we had anything decent here...oh well theres always next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snow freak said:

glad you got the snow this time,  12 months since we had anything decent here...oh well theres always next year

This one is not over yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, foggybrynna said:

Will the cold weather be back or is that it for the cold

After Saturday it's a change to milder weather and after that who knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, foggybrynna said:

Will the cold weather be back or is that it for the cold

cold temps will hang around till sunday - after that the cold will ease back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dying out here now in Cardiff. Still plenty of precip around on radar, hopefully it will start to pep up here again as it continues to drift east to west 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Dying out here now in Cardiff. Still plenty of precip around on radar, hopefully it will start to pep up here again as it continues to drift east to west 

Heavier ppn starting to pivot towards us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will continue for hours yet, varying in intensity. Sometime almost stopping but it's pepping up to our east and it's drifting westwards now the front has pivoted. To be honest though, I'm pretty happy with what I have already. Going for a walk in this snow is nothing short of magical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I'd give to stay up all night watching this, I've got one of those bosses who will make you remember taking a snow day for the next year, so time I get to sleep. 

 

But before that, got to say that as cool as it was seeing the beast last March and we won't get the same totals tonight, it doesn't match with how beautiful it'll look out there in the morning! Snow clinging to the trees, stacked up on walls and fences. Just didn't get that last year but thanks to a lack of wind it'll look pretty spectacular when the sun comes out in the morning! 

 

Night all, I've enjoyed the rollercoastwr, haha! 

 

 

IMG_20190131_234121.jpg

IMG_20190131_234109.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RhysWales said:

As much as I'd give to stay up all night watching this, I've got one of those bosses who will make you remember taking a snow day for the next year, so time I get to sleep. 

 

But before that, got to say that as cool as it was seeing the beast last March and we won't get the same totals tonight, it doesn't match with how beautiful it'll look out there in the morning! Snow clinging to the trees, stacked up on walls and fences. Just didn't get that last year but thanks to a lack of wind it'll look pretty spectacular when the sun comes out in the morning! 

 

Night all, I've enjoyed the rollercoastwr, haha! 

 

 

IMG_20190131_234121.jpg

IMG_20190131_234109.jpg

Yes, sticky snow always looks much nicer than the powdery stuff that blows around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackrose73 said:

Yes, sticky snow always looks much nicer than the powdery stuff that blows around.

sticky snow means it aint gonna last.  dry snow is for keeps,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Still coming down nicely here anyone no how long it's going to last for and will it thaw anytime soon .

U now are on the best side of it and so u could have another good couple of hours . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to wait up to see what happens to the precipitation to the east of us as it continues to drift west. Stopped in Cardiff atm so be great if we could get some greens over us on the radar again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well everyone its been a great night snow watching , lets hope we get a couple more of them this winter .❤️

Edited by snowy36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, snow freak said:

sticky snow means it aint gonna last.  dry snow is for keeps,

Not necessarily. But then it wasn't forecast to last for ages anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

Going to wait up to see what happens to the precipitation to the east of us as it continues to drift west. Stopped in Cardiff atm so be great if we could get some greens over us on the radar again. 

Coming down heavy here still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Coming down heavy here still.

UKV Metoffice latest update has it intensifying approaching 2am

4BB559DB-871D-4CA3-B943-5E236CE24351.thumb.jpeg.26a078eb2a988ce347c86ba60c40b3e6.jpeg

Tomorrow looking interesting now too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

UKV Metoffice latest update has it intensifying approaching 2am

4BB559DB-871D-4CA3-B943-5E236CE24351.thumb.jpeg.26a078eb2a988ce347c86ba60c40b3e6.jpeg

Tomorrow looking interesting now too.

Bloody hell lol I'll grab a picture of outside now show you what it's like up here.

IMG_20190201_002038038.jpg

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

UKV Metoffice latest update has it intensifying approaching 2am

4BB559DB-871D-4CA3-B943-5E236CE24351.thumb.jpeg.26a078eb2a988ce347c86ba60c40b3e6.jpeg

Tomorrow looking interesting now too.

There's some pretty intense stuff to the east which is moving west, it's not over yet 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last one before I go to bed.

Since I've just enjoyed a big glass of Baileys, I'm not planning on work tomorrow 😁

2121715513_Screenshot2019-02-01at00_22_30.thumb.png.f3b1703c522f408573aa6eb22b9f39de.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...