Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Fair dooz to Torfaen council. They've initiated their red warning plan. I've just received the survival package.

Posted Images

Just now, Summerstorm said:

Enjoy the snow guys wish i had gotten some too but can't complain as i had 2 inches here on Wednesday. 

glad you got the snow this time,  12 months since we had anything decent here...oh well theres always next year

I think it will continue for hours yet, varying in intensity. Sometime almost stopping but it's pepping up to our east and it's drifting westwards now the front has pivoted. To be honest though, I'm pretty happy with what I have already. Going for a walk in this snow is nothing short of magical.

• Like 1

As much as I'd give to stay up all night watching this, I've got one of those bosses who will make you remember taking a snow day for the next year, so time I get to sleep. 

But before that, got to say that as cool as it was seeing the beast last March and we won't get the same totals tonight, it doesn't match with how beautiful it'll look out there in the morning! Snow clinging to the trees, stacked up on walls and fences. Just didn't get that last year but thanks to a lack of wind it'll look pretty spectacular when the sun comes out in the morning! 

Night all, I've enjoyed the rollercoastwr, haha! 

IMG_20190131_234121.jpg

IMG_20190131_234109.jpg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, RhysWales said:

As much as I'd give to stay up all night watching this, I've got one of those bosses who will make you remember taking a snow day for the next year, so time I get to sleep. 

But before that, got to say that as cool as it was seeing the beast last March and we won't get the same totals tonight, it doesn't match with how beautiful it'll look out there in the morning! Snow clinging to the trees, stacked up on walls and fences. Just didn't get that last year but thanks to a lack of wind it'll look pretty spectacular when the sun comes out in the morning! 

Night all, I've enjoyed the rollercoastwr, haha! 

IMG_20190131_234121.jpg

IMG_20190131_234109.jpg

Yes, sticky snow always looks much nicer than the powdery stuff that blows around.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Still coming down nicely here anyone no how long it's going to last for and will it thaw anytime soon .

U now are on the best side of it and so u could have another good couple of hours . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bradythemole said:

Going to wait up to see what happens to the precipitation to the east of us as it continues to drift west. Stopped in Cardiff atm so be great if we could get some greens over us on the radar again. 

Coming down heavy here still.

3 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

UKV Metoffice latest update has it intensifying approaching 2am

4BB559DB-871D-4CA3-B943-5E236CE24351.thumb.jpeg.26a078eb2a988ce347c86ba60c40b3e6.jpeg

Tomorrow looking interesting now too.

Bloody hell lol I'll grab a picture of outside now show you what it's like up here.

IMG_20190201_002038038.jpg

Edited by Jayfromcardiff
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

UKV Metoffice latest update has it intensifying approaching 2am

4BB559DB-871D-4CA3-B943-5E236CE24351.thumb.jpeg.26a078eb2a988ce347c86ba60c40b3e6.jpeg

Tomorrow looking interesting now too.

There's some pretty intense stuff to the east which is moving west, it's not over yet ?

• Like 1