Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

1 minute ago, lamppost watcher said:

In llanishen which is north cardiff so within the Amber zone. Side streets totally white and snow coming down nicely. From what I see on the met office the heaviest precipitation is for the next 3 or 4 hours. Think south cardiff struggling to get a dusting at the moment but that should change soon

I'm in Thornhill.

Well for my part of Wales that was truly pathetic - very light snow for a short while, nothing settled despite low enough temps and, form looking at the radar, there's no more to come.

I'm not that fussed but the forecasts were definitely showing at least 1 or 2cm for my area.

21 minutes ago, mickeyflyn said:

Still nothing in Newport  not even any rain very strange.

Work in Langstone and live in Bassaleg. Was sleeting and then snowing on my way back through. Fizzled out again, but was quite moderate through High Cross!

well still looks like the band is narrowing and slipping towards the east of the country not much of a pivot seems to be happening. snow stopped here now according to the met i should be having heavy snow so much for that is this turning to another over hyped event ?

at the end of the day any warnings whether amber or yellow or even red are just possible predictions and also to make us aware something might happen - what actually happens isn't always on the worst side of the warning and as with weather is subject to change i suppose last minute especially with these complex low pressure systems that seem to move in many different directions as they shift through