Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

I'm a pessimist - this is not looking good on the radar unless the pivot increases soon.  The precipitation doesn't look to have a lot of depth though?

The front is slowly beginning its pivot and while it has lost some of its intensity, which is almost unavoidable when any kind of precipitation come in contact with cold air, there's still plenty enough intensity to give many centimetres of snow. Expect light snow to begin in the Valleys within the next twenty minutes.

• Like 1

Just driven back from Carmarthen where it was +3c and dry, to Crymych where it is 0c.  We could see the whitening top of Foel Cwmcerwyn in the distance but it was still dry this side of the hills.  As I write this we now have light patchy snow falling but I can see heavier stuff in the distance.  No rain ahead of it, just snow, and the wind has suddenly increased.  Hope this strengthens and spreads to all of you lot in the next hour of two.  ❄️ ❄️

• Like 1
Just now, Jackfrost said:

The front is slowly beginning its pivot and while it has lost some of its intensity, which is almost unavoidable when any kind of precipitation come in contact with cold air, there's still plenty enough intensity to give many centimetres of snow. Expect light snow to begin in the Valleys within the next twenty minutes.

I'll hold you to that! lol

Temps on the rise, 3.5C now, the later this comes in the better as need to wait for themps to stop rising and start dropping back quite a bit. Hmm my optimism has decreased until I see the temps drop. 

17 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Just driven back from Carmarthen where it was +3c and dry, to Crymych where it is 0c.  We could see the whitening top of Foel Cwmcerwyn in the distance but it was still dry this side of the hills.  As I write this we now have light patchy snow falling but I can see heavier stuff in the distance.  No rain ahead of it, just snow, and the wind has suddenly increased.  Hope this strengthens and spreads to all of you lot in the next hour of two.  ❄️ ❄️

Ysgol Y Preseli closed at noon, so daughters happy with 1/2 snow day.

Light snow started 12.30 in Narberth, just cold light rain here in Carew  atm. 

Edited by Peter A