Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Fair dooz to Torfaen council. They've initiated their red warning plan. I've just received the survival package.

Posted Images

I hope it starts tilting more W-E soon so colder air and drop back over, don't want it coming in at the angle it is and bring in any more warmer air, my temp is already 2.6c and rising! 

6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

What's going on with the warnings? The amber says Cardiff are in the warning bit then when you go to the forecast for Cardiff it's still yellow?

Cardiff "City" is not, but Cardiff the county is. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, hmarkd1974 said:

Same here, they are convinced there will be no snow ?

human conditioning - unless it's happening before your eyes - it's not happening lol - to be fair to them until it looks like there's a problem snow situation then there isn't right now obviously - think this could be a slowly developing situation anyway - so if things do look like they're gonna get tricky, you'll have time to do something about it

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I hope it starts tilting more W-E soon so colder air and drop back over, don't want it coming in at the angle it is and bring in any more warmer air, my temp is already 2.6c and rising! 

yes agree, should do soon although was always forecast to get to 4c for us low lying coastal areas before it drops back. So nervous, fingers crossed. Knife edge indeed for us down towards the coast.

• Like 1

Well then here we all are again .

Hello to all new and old.

Seasons greetings .

A bog standard snow event on the cards.

Not to be sniffed at yet not one that will live long in the memory.

Andymusic our regional leader and weather oracle is still going strong which is great to see .

As some may remember I was rather underwhelmed to say the least by the no snow in Swansea during the beast .

That event I’m afraid converted me mainly into a mildee....sorry but I’ve just really enjoyed the mild winter so far for running outdoor purposes ..

Hmm today , similar angle of attack to that as that pathetic beast day / s.. I think the Swansea area will be restricted again due to mountain shadow effect ..

High ground Swansea area maybe an inch - coastal Swansea dreaded sleet but maybe a covering .

Sleet — who invented it ? Serves no purpose and should be banned along with wasps .

Andy you on the graigerhorn today ?

I'm guessing 1:30 is at the end of lunch ? a reasonable time really! Gives the children and parents time to travel before any chaos emerges. 
However anyone on the coasts needing to come in land are much more likely to be oblivious to the impending snow away from the coasts.. and could get caught in some very nasty rush hour traffic. 

The same can't be said for the far WSW where snow is already falling according to netweather radar.. and potential disruption could be rather quick setting.

3 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Well then here we all are again .

Hello to all new and old.

Seasons greetings .

A bog standard snow event on the cards.

Not to be sniffed at yet not one that will live long in the memory.

Andymusic our regional leader and weather oracle is still going strong which is great to see .

As some may remember I was rather underwhelmed to say the least by the no snow in Swansea during the beast .

That event I’m afraid converted me mainly into a mildee....sorry but I’ve just really enjoyed the mild winter so far for running outdoor purposes ..

Hmm today , similar angle of attack to that as that pathetic beast day / s.. I think the Swansea area will be restricted again due to mountain shadow effect ..

High ground Swansea area maybe an inch - coastal Swansea dreaded sleet but maybe a covering .

Sleet — who invented it ? Serves no purpose and should be banned along with wasps .

Andy you on the graigerhorn today ?

nothing happening as yet - just frosty for the moment

5 minutes ago, CRACKPOT said:

Radar not looking as intense and worrying it might actually be of less intensity?

I go to order 4x4s for night staff but wondering if it be a waste of money!

noone knows for sure. but it only takes a 1/3 of the snow forecast .. for a 4x4 to be handy... especially around Bargoed!