Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

gfs 12z - 6am - 9am - light snow continues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andymusic said:

gfs 12z - 6am - 9am - light snow continues

Snow even on the south coast of Wales?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by 12 lunchtime friday should be all over - forecast according to gfs - old style

Edited by andymusic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Snow even on the south coast of Wales?

850s are looking good and seem to be dropping further south so yes quite possibly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gfs completely closes the freezer door the rest of the day Friday to keep the snow cover chilled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God even this is becoming a drama , will one of these models stand up because no one can work it out, even the BBC looks different to the Meto.  People keep showing those Wxcharts but my McAfee and Norton do not like that site one bit, i'll let other people go on it and show us those charts 😂

Edited by snowy36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

God even this is becoming a drama , will one of these models stand up because no one can work it out, even the BBC looks different to the Meto.  People keep showing those Wxcharts but my McAfee and Norton do not like that site one bit, i'll let other people go on it and show us those charts 😂

unless we're in the deep freeze - then these marginal events are nightmares for any model/forecaster to call - it's all guesswork as regards the fine detail until after the fact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andymusic said:

unless we're in the deep freeze - then these marginal events are nightmares for any model/forecaster to call - it's all guesswork as regards the fine detail until after the fact

Its going down to the wire , i thought yesterday that some places in the south would get 10-12  and now i think its more around 8 . I'm waiting on the fax charts to give us a better clue. I'm trusting the Meto more than anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Euro high definition models are showing copious amounts of snowfall for the Beacons tomorrow.....snapshots of forecast snow depth at 2:00 am Friday morning:

image.thumb.png.db0eeaad0637d200b79502e5123a2d4a.png  image.thumb.png.9b686d7d23d5b282979b6f2c467cafea.png

image.thumb.png.7cf9d1d5d864b3d31102321fec4461ab.png

Thats 30cm showing in that first chart!  Pretty sure it won't actually happen quite like that though....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Euro4 seems to be following the GFS and going further into wales and the midlands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Derek's even going for 12cm in Caerphilly which is decent I'm right next to there.

Great stuff. Where did you see that? It sounds like he's going with what the snow acc. charts are showing rather than the revised warnings of 5-10 cm for Southeast Wales.

Edited by Jackfrost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

The Euro high definition models are showing copious amounts of snowfall for the Beacons tomorrow.....snapshots of forecast snow depth at 2:00 am Friday morning:

image.thumb.png.db0eeaad0637d200b79502e5123a2d4a.png  image.thumb.png.9b686d7d23d5b282979b6f2c467cafea.png

image.thumb.png.7cf9d1d5d864b3d31102321fec4461ab.png

Thats 30cm showing in that first chart!  Pretty sure it won't actually happen quite like that though....

 

I’m glad the somewhat gap in carmarthenshire is being plugged! I dont understand it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Great stuff, Jay. Where did you see that? It sounds like he's going with what the snow acc. charts are showing rather than the revised warnings of 5-10 cm for Southeast Wales.

On his Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is tipster and his model , give us a link Jay😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't looked at the models today....hope they are as good as my walk today 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

The Euro high definition models are showing copious amounts of snowfall for the Beacons tomorrow.....snapshots of forecast snow depth at 2:00 am Friday morning:

image.thumb.png.db0eeaad0637d200b79502e5123a2d4a.png  image.thumb.png.9b686d7d23d5b282979b6f2c467cafea.png

image.thumb.png.7cf9d1d5d864b3d31102321fec4461ab.png

Thats 30cm showing in that first chart!  Pretty sure it won't actually happen quite like that though....

 

Nearly 30 cms now on the higher bits... 

DJI_0812.JPG

DJI_0820.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Met Office have got their boss man onto it today. Still looking good for most in South Wales.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EURO 4 is a bit better for those of us in the North and still looks great for the rest of you. 

19020112_3012.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest update, all on target . It looks like it could start earlier than 3 on this forecast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, I'm de-lurking for this one.

I missed last March's snow as I was on hols in Vietnam, but I'm avidly watching this thread for this one.

I've put my leave card on my line manager's desk for Friday and worked an extra hour today so I can go home earlier tomorrow.

I'll be reporting from Caerphilly (and maybe Pontypridd town centre as I work there now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thetipster said:

   here it is ultra high res 😁 snow accimageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

sno acc.jpg

Nooo, I get nothing 😂😭😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...