Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Loadsa2000 said:

More snow for wales possibly Monday and Tuesday

Let's get to Thursday first lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Let's get to Thursday first lol.

Yes lets not talk about next week, Jay has to make it through this week first 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Yes lets not talk about next week, Jay has to make it through this week first 😂

Yep I get a bit too excited, need to chill out a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every snow event of this type is subject to fluctuating corrections north and south a couple of days before, from the models. I remember Jan 2013 being the same. I don't think this will be as memorable though, but you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge amount of showers in ireland. Shame very few are making across the irish sea. Models keep a few going into mid wales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC mentioned 15cm for southern and eastern counties of wales 🙂

A255335A-FF9C-46CE-A9DE-220A91411541.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Huge amount of showers in ireland. Shame very few are making across the irish sea. Models keep a few going into mid wales

Frustrating whats happened to our Nwstly streamers since 2010? Showers are a lot more scattered and not so hefty these days 😞 ideal conditions this evening for snow to settle widely across Wales yet not much in the way of precipitation! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cymro said:

Frustrating whats happened to our Nwstly streamers since 2010? Showers are a lot more scattered and not so hefty these days 😞 ideal conditions this evening for snow to settle widely across Wales yet not much in the way of precipitation! 

Winds tonight are mostly WNW which isn't great for shower activity . The wind does veer more northwesterly by early morning however

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the main event some of us may get 1 or 2cm if we are lucky off showers especially the North,NW and NE over the next 12 hours or so also depending on wind direction as to whether they will make it down into Mid Wales and the Valleys.

The Icon's take on events for Thursday maybe a little OTT on snow totals but looks good all the same. 

iconeu_uk1-45-74-0.thumb.png.5d9a9dfb40d914a97aad30aec0c97657.png

Then the arpege's take sorry the UK chart isn't out yet for it but looks good also.

 arpege-45-60-0.thumb.png.2c6447283004458e4dcc1d84543e1ba9.png

 

Hirlam and Arome don't go far enough yet so can't post those but we should have an idea on those by the morning and here is the NMM WRF as a bonus as i don't rate it as much as the other two.

nmmuk-45-72-0.thumb.png.136f5f1b9023de2cad1cc1f8f575d9a8.png

Good luck all looks promising for most as long as it stays as it is subject to change of course and we should be more certain by tomorrow afternoon on the extent of the snow.

Edited by Summerstorm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marcus_surfer said:

Winds tonight are mostly WNW which isn't great for shower activity . The wind does veer more northwesterly by early morning however

There’s talk of a trough formation over Ireland do you reckon this could pop up a surprise for the morning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

The Icon's take on events for Thursday maybe a little OTT on snow totals but looks good all the same. 

iconeu_uk1-45-74-0.thumb.png.5d9a9dfb40d914a97aad30aec0c97657.png

Then the arpege's take sorry the UK chart isn't out yet for it but looks good also.

 arpege-45-60-0.thumb.png.2c6447283004458e4dcc1d84543e1ba9.png

 

Hirlam and Arome don't go far enough yet so can't post those but we should have an idea on those by the morning and here is the NMM WRF as a bonus as i don't rate it as much as the other two.

nmmuk-45-72-0.thumb.png.136f5f1b9023de2cad1cc1f8f575d9a8.png

Good luck all looks promising for most as long as it stays as it is subject to change of course and we should be more certain by tomorrow afternoon on the extent of the snow.

Arpege really doesn’t like SW Wales! It seems to underplay snow here often! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cymro said:

There’s talk of a trough formation over Ireland do you reckon this could pop up a surprise for the morning? 

Ive seen this setup many times and very little showers make it across in a west/WNW wind. As i said mid wales keeps some sort of streamer keep going tonight

 

We really need a pembrokeshire dangler situation and a northwesterly wind to set up to deliver the goods but hopefully I'm wrong and that PPN makes its way over to us

Also take a look at this link and the elevation in the east, the showers are getting sucked up by the mountains in east ireland 

http://en-ie.topographic-map.com/places/Ireland-9794/

 

 

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick note to the mods can we have a new Cymru/Wales thread please I mean we are now on page 330!

 

Diolch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got in after doing a shift in local had to scrape the car as it's down to -2.3 had a quick look in the mad thread and not many of them are posting .

Think many are gutted as this is our time for a good dumping of the lovely white cream from above on Thursday also stalling and a pivot  aswell .

Never mind , take some photos when it hits us hard and post to the Mad thread English society only 😶there all in my back yard society only -avoid the mad thread .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Just got in after doing a shift in local had to scrape the car as it's down to -2.3 had a quick look in the mad thread and not many of them are posting .

Think many are gutted as this is our time for a good dumping of the lovely white cream from above on Thursday also stalling and a pivot  aswell .

Never mind , take some photos when it hits us hard and post to the Mad thread English society only 😶there all in my back yard society only -avoid the mad thread .

Sadly, it's always the same in there. Someone from here mentioned in there that Wales may get a dumping on Thursday and he was immediately jumped on with something "those are just probabilities". Personally, I have friends and family in many parts of England and would never have any kind of xenophobia towards anyone! I can't help feeling though that us Welsh are snubbed a little in the mod thread! That makes me sad a little. There are posters in there that I respect immensely, and always give an unbiased view. But some of them wouldn't mention Wales if their life depended on it! Quite silly really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-3 thick frost but no snow fell through the night but definitely freezing!!! Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whiskers said:

-3 thick frost but no snow fell through the night but definitely freezing!!! Yay!

Wales favorite for MOST snow in IUK between 5cm and 15cms with a good 8hrs of snow .Bloody hell, we waited long enough,!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frost,ice and snow.....and gritter just passed..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope the Euro 4 has it spot on 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just checked met ive got 11hrs heavy snow from 3pm tomorrow till 6am friday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...