Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

15 minutes ago, andymusic said:

good chance things could get going later today in Wales still

image.thumb.png.3f94c20093f977a6c6be90614d84aed3.png

So you got euro4 forecasting rain widely across england this evening and gfs on the other hand forrcasting widespread snow!!whose gone be right!!

Snowing steadily around here now..

24 minutes ago, kar999 said:

Snowing steadily around here now..

Looks lovely up there!   We had some quite heavy sleet earlier which I thought might turn to snow but no!  Its turned back to rain again - quite heavy and steady, but definitely rain!  Ah well, there's always Thursday....  🙄

Heavy rain here in pontardawe, but weirdly net weather forecast now is for torrential snow after midnight, can't see that happening...

30 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Looks lovely up there!   We had some quite heavy sleet earlier which I thought might turn to snow but no!  Its turned back to rain again - quite heavy and steady, but definitely rain!  Ah well, there's always Thursday....  🙄

Eased off now but a nice covering...

IMG_20190129_121549246.thumb.jpg.33e0948cc638034d80931888a550de38.jpg

Hours and hours of rain. Just lovely. 

Well I didn't expect anything for today so wasn't disappointed. Thursday is the one that could deliver.

Showing snow on radar in Brynmawr but its mostly rain with the odd flake mixed in.

Just now, Simon SWales said:

Showing snow on radar in Brynmawr but its mostly rain with the odd flake mixed in.

Crap ain't it, just hope Thursday is good.

Need to travel from the rhondda over to aberdare today about 3pm...normal route is up over the top and down into aberdare...anybody know how bad it is up there?

Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Crap ain't it, just hope Thursday is good.

absolutely lol, thought with my altitude it would easily be snow but hey ho. Got 4 upset kids lol, not including me haha

1 minute ago, Simon SWales said:

absolutely lol, thought with my altitude it would easily be snow but hey ho. Got 4 upset kids lol, not including me haha

I'm in work keeping an eye outside too lol. Told them all Thursday we'll get snow but they're not having any of it.

Nothing but cold rain here, the sooner this sorry excuse of a winter is over the better!

Huge flakes here now!

Its turned to snow!

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Just a reminder to anyone writing off today that: a) the warning didn't kick in until midday; b) the main front with the embedded colder air is currently moving into the Swansea area (hence @Marcus_surfer seeing snow), which means that points east of here and still likely to be seeing rain and sleet; and c) today was never expected to bring widespread significant snow anyway.

Edited by Jackfrost

10 minutes ago, Simon SWales said:

later on as the cold digs in more interest for you Simon up there. The milder air was always around now. As you can see wth Marus_surfer post, cold air starting to dig in now rear end of front.

Edited by bradythemole

Yeah its nice to see I've even got slight accumulation on the grass now

Snowing heavily in Rhayader,  grass and pavements starting to go white. Temp dropped from 2.5 to 1.3 in last hour.

Just watched it turn from rain to sleet to snow here in Ystalyfera.  Finally some white stuff is falling. If it keeps going all evening hopefully a cm or 2 to freeze overnight and through Wednesday with the odd shower, before the main event Thursday. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

And back to rain now lol!

Wow that 'embedded cold air' didn't last long😂😂

Sleet here in briton ferry, trying to turn to snow . Met office forcasted rain...so bodes well for later this afternoon if precip remains heavy