Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
5 minutes ago, thetipster said:

2m temps 09:00hrs

4k.1.jpg

Can anyone else see a face in that top pic,sure it’s blowing snow across wales! 

Posted
54 minutes ago, thetipster said:

tommorow 09:00hrs ultra high res 

4k.1.jpg

yeah looks a bit like Neil Kinnock lol

Edited by andymusic

Posted

ive been a lurker for 3 years you lot taught me alot about weather always read here , warn my family about snow coming in northern ireland cause off u lot, you lot even learned me a little about charts a pembrokeshire dangler and so on. i live on the llyn peninsula and have been told we only get snow on an easterly, is that true. god i sound so boring lol, i am just a lil snow lover in need to go more north lol.

Posted

I wouldn't be too surprised to see you guys and W.Midlands issues a yellow warning tomorrow for Thursday. At the moment probably 50-50 as to whether a red alert will be needed somewhere in the region. Was one issued for Jan 2013?

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
5 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see you guys and W.Midlands issues a yellow warning tomorrow for Thursday. At the moment probably 50-50 as to whether a red alert will be needed somewhere in the region. Was one issued for Jan 2013?

You thinking Mid to North Wales plus West Midlands then assuming it doesn't correct further south or north?

Posted
13 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes there was indeed for the 18th of January in the valleys

ecb05038b9f80dcd3eff87c1e046f015.jpg

Edited by coldie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
14 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes for higher areas of south east wales.

Would also expect a yellow warning tomorrow mid-morning for Thursday.

Edit: beat me to it coldie!

Edited by bradythemole

Posted

weather has been so boring then its up and down, i get so excited when i see a storm, then snow,we had a little bit of hail tonight not much

i dont know if im allowed but i also look at meteociel

Edited by misslesleigh@hotmail.co.uk

Posted
8 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Yes for higher areas of south east wales.

Would also expect a yellow warning tomorrow mid-morning for Thursday.

Edit: beat me to it coldie!

That was such a memorable event I was right in the middle of the red warning, it started snowing early hours Friday morning and didn't stop until later that night. The snow stayed around for quite a while after that as well and I remember we had more snow on the Monday and Tuesday! Here's hoping for something similar this Thursday but hopefully all of Wales can get in on the action this time.

Edited by coldie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
1 minute ago, coldie said:

That was such a memorable event I was right in the middle of the red warning, it started snowing early hours Friday morning and didn't stop until later that night. The snow stayed around for quite a while after that as well and I remember we had more snow on the Monday and Tuesday! Here's hoping for something similar this Thursday but hopefully all of Wales can get in on the action this time.

I was in Pembrokeshire at the time. It was much more marginal there unfortunately. It started as rain and turned to snow later in the night where I lived but was very wet and only a covering on grass/cars etc with slushy covering on roads. However parts of rural North Pembrokeshire in particular that are higher up had a lot of snow that day. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

I was in Pembrokeshire at the time. It was much more marginal there unfortunately. It started as rain and turned to snow later in the night where I lived but was very wet and only a covering on grass/cars etc with slushy covering on roads. However parts of rural North Pembrokeshire in particular that are higher up had a lot of snow that day. 

Here's the forecast for the morning of the 18th of Jan, looks like all the snow just fizzled out over south west Wales sadly. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I don't think any ppn was supposed to arrive yet, looks like a bust to me.

Aw great,I work in a school and the children think they're going to get sent home from school or have a snow day,going to be some disappointed children and grown ups!

Posted
4 minutes ago, whiskers said:

Aw great,I work in a school and the children think they're going to get sent home from school or have a snow day,going to be some disappointed children and grown ups!

Tell them that they may get sent home Thursday. I'd say it's looking likely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

..Think its rain here cat came in wet......cold wind............