Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

I'm happy now I've had my fix ? There's a nice covering on the hills  

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Perfectly describes this winter lol

Screenshot_20190111-110526_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's reminding me of 2011-12. So close synoptically to hitting the jackpot but we're always on the edge of it all. Although 2011-12 I seem to remember the east of England and Midlands doing really well in the February, which made that worse! Still time for it to turn around- we're only just into the second half of winter, but it is frustrating! 

Haven't seen Derek's forecast, but if he's mentioning a dusting even to lower levels, then we're in for a blizzard tomorrow. Not expecting anything though! Good luck to those with elevation further north!

Just read Nick F’s forecast, paraphrased: generally cold, except Friday and weekend - milder, then more general cold, generally shot through with snowy sleety cold bits.  Have generally stocked freezer with gammons soupy bits and generally bought salady things for milder interludes.  Generally underwhelmed by genuinely unique SSW.  All in all, in generally generally  Isles of Britain weather.

• Like 1

think the front is gonna be a bust now - heads of valleys cams showing nothing and I think even storey arms looking wet - so we wait for the cold air to bed in and then for the showers to start to hit

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, Gerryhattrick said:

Lol automatically swapped  a r s e for weeble whats a weeble lol

Weeble wobbles but they don’t fall down!..,,,, or do they?! 

Aw I remember those when I was younger! 

• Haha 1

Snowing quite hard here, close to Lampeter. Large, floaty snowflakes. I was just about to head off to work, but you can bet the school will be ringing in the next ten minutes, saying "can you come and collect your children..."

• Like 1