Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

4 hours ago, snefnug said:

Woodshed full, oil to be ordered, knitting at the ready......

Yeah ive been buying wool etc....food stocks....

There's a chance of a slider low on Tuesday it could be very similar to the one we had last December, bring it on! :D FAFB3CEE-CEC8-48C6-B523-B635AFAB42C1.thumb.jpeg.c4bf4a308e6c4df3379f1edb2f2df7af.jpeg.cd72d2c4bd71ce0603aa079143fbfa22.jpeg

Here we go again. Eyes down looking. Very early chance of snow.

I will however be missing out as i may be in Madeira when it arrives, wind in Funchal permitting. 

Anyone else noticed the colour of the sky tonight? 😮

2018-10-23_19.01.14.jpg

Wow! It doesn't seem long since we were talking about the snow,can't believe it! Eyes up looking......and so it begins.....it's the most wonderful time of the year! 

Looking forward to Andymusic updates,they keep me going in the winter! 😬❄️

Fantastic sun watching .solar activity low, as we approach the next solar cycle please read the link that shows you  whats happening expect the unexpected as we wild swings in weather .https://t.co/FzuB8QQapC

Lovely full moon,feeling really fresh at 2 degrees.....lush!  It's beginning to feel like winter! 

On 14/10/2018 at 19:08, Sir Clive said:

Close to Lampeter, Ceredigion. I measured 68mm in our garden on Friday, with some pretty tasty winds. Yesterday (Saturday), we topped that with 77.5mm. A little over fiveinches for those working in imperial.

A fair bit of localised flooding and a few landslips nearby. Homes and businesses flooded and a number of roads impassable.

151mm for the three days to sat 13th here near Lampeter, much of it fell in 36 hours. Easily my wettest day here, 0900 total on sat 80.6mm in 24 hours.

Snow beginning to show up on the radar already, there could be a few surprises into this evening and tonight hopefully :) 

Screenshot_2018-10-26-11-28-38-1.png

snow approaching Eastern Wales with plenty of reports of snow in the midlands, Brum etc - wonder how far this will come or will it just fade and die?

36 minutes ago, andymusic said:

snow approaching Eastern Wales with plenty of reports of snow in the midlands, Brum etc - wonder how far this will come or will it just fade and die?

It certainly feels cold enough for a few flakes. Some of yesterday's hail is still sitting on the ground and I've just scooped some out of the gutters. Fire has been lit, although kids are running around dressed for summer. I must be getting old..

1 hour ago, Sir Clive said:

It certainly feels cold enough for a few flakes. Some of yesterday's hail is still sitting on the ground and I've just scooped some out of the gutters. Fire has been lit, although kids are running around dressed for summer. I must be getting old..

Just had some snow ...freezing cold winds here.....................

Had a couple of light snow showers this morning,1 soft hail,its certainly a bonus in October rarely happens.

Nice to see snowy,Here we go again ! you will see more model confusion over the coming week,The models cannot  handle a change to a more continental flow cold air is expanding across northern Europe eventually moving west.Atm looks like astray warming event will happen towards the end of the month.Nothing boring about UK weather.

I dont think i could handle the snow we had last winter ....

Been a stunning day today light easterly sunny a few cumulus and 4.9c max coldest October day since 2008.

Could be an overnight cold date record for Wales ...-

2E48DD1E-DD57-41AC-A37D-DB371AA30A87.thumb.png.6ee91145d952c7fc41795f9539ebff52.png

Edited by Steve Murr

17 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Could be an overnight cold date record for Wales ...-

2E48DD1E-DD57-41AC-A37D-DB371AA30A87.thumb.png.6ee91145d952c7fc41795f9539ebff52.png

Min -8.0c here.

5 hours ago, TonyH said:

Min -8.0c here.

Gritters were out here last night and now this morning...

Been nice to have the first few mornings of the season below freezing with a proper frost 😁

I'm off to New York, staying in Time Square the first week of December so I'm hoping if we don't get any snow here I'll get some cold and snow out there! 

Good to be back for the silly season, solar min i'm excited, here's one of my recent time lapses from the Swansea Valley, some nice inversions in there.... 

Beautiful colours there. Autumn is a special time- no two days are the same.

October's rainfall here came in at more than double October 2017's figure of 4.13 inches. We recorded 220.5mm (8.68 inches). No wonder the shaded north-facing parts of our garden are still a little damp.

Another crisp and decidedly fresh day to day.  Not as cold as the past few days.  While walking stormy Norman on the Foel, above Glyn Ceiriog, rather stunned by the very large flocks of fieldfares this year.  All Rowan trees now completely stripped of their berries, when last Sunday they were still loaded.

Misty murky day today, Meto said 13 degrees, but don’t think it got over 10-11.  Dry though which means fireworks around.  Last two nights wet, so not so many.  I am a bit grinchy re fireworks as cats get really spooked and there’s always some damn fool who does those thunderously loud ones, rather than the ickle pretty sparkly ones with the gentle ft ft whoosh noises.

Edited by snefnug