Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Potential for some places down south to see some falling snow tomorrow if the heavier precip makes it. Particularly over hills. Chance of some wet snow for a time due to evaporative cooling. Shouldn’t amount to anything on the ground mind. 

Yep I saw that, they're going for above 300m mainly. Hope the snow and rain stays away this week as I'm moving into my first house on Friday and could do with it staying dry. On the plus side I'll be moving to Thornhill which is nearly 100m absl which helps during snow events.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the cloud height has risen I can see fresh snow here overnight/this morning on the Moelwyns above c.400/500 metres.

Edited by kar999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen the Yellow warning for RCT on Easter Monday and went to check the 7 day forecast for Pontypridd - really hope there's a problem with it as these temps must be a record breaker!! :cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

 

IMG_1948.thumb.PNG.056f35d626779d5552bdc265002c03b9.PNG

Edited by Alicol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Heard on the radio in one of the shops in Tenby that's its warming up through next week with highs of 15C! Bring it on I say :clap:

Oh I hope so , it's been a long winter ! Apparently there's a heatwave coming mid April , just in time for rugby tour 🍻!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fresh snow again this morning at altitude around here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:32, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

Heard on the radio in one of the shops in Tenby that's its warming up through next week with highs of 15C! Bring it on I say :clap:

be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing quite nicely here in valleys !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol .. just as I thought .. greetings from Norn Ireland .. b.c. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

511453F5-8C41-4BC1-8B8C-C5A6D2EA9912.jpeg

Edited by snefnug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess not a gardening day today then😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snefnug said:

Guess not a gardening day today then😉

We gardened yesterday snefug as it was dry and dug over the beds ready for veg, yesterday they were standing 2" proud of the path, this morning they are the same level as the path ! 

I also emptied a large 2" deep plant watering tray just to see how much it rained last night, this morning it is full to overflowing ! 

However, here on the coast the rain has now stopped :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow now melting, but we are brigadoon mistiville now, so am sat by logburner and have happily ordered vast quantities of veg seeds from http://www.realseeds.co.uk/index.html. Based in  Fishguard.  1 raised bed manure and tarped, 2 more needing weeding and de cat pooping, as the cooking fats  are too lazy to go too far in snow.  Looking forward to warmth and some vestige of spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At last it begins to feel like Spring in Pembrokeshire!  The sun was out yesterday and no rain now for over twenty four hours . :yahoo:.  It might seem like this is a very small matter to celebrate but if you had been here a few days ago with the ground unable to take any more rain and water flowing off the fields into the roads you might have been tempted to start building an ark.....   The only thing we need to dispense with now is the unnecessarily persistent wind which has been keeping temperatures down for, well, weeks really.   The forecast over the next few days is quite promising with lighter winds and a promise of double digit temperatures returning.  No more snow for me, please - it's simply not welcome anymore at this time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sky Full said:

At last it begins to feel like Spring in Pembrokeshire!  The sun was out yesterday and no rain now for over twenty four hours . :yahoo:.  It might seem like this is a very small matter to celebrate but if you had been here a few days ago with the ground unable to take any more rain and water flowing off the fields into the roads you might have been tempted to start building an ark.....   The only thing we need to dispense with now is the unnecessarily persistent wind which has been keeping temperatures down for, well, weeks really.   The forecast over the next few days is quite promising with lighter winds and a promise of double digit temperatures returning.  No more snow for me, please - it's simply not welcome anymore at this time of year.

That's good to hear as we'll be down in North Pembrokeshire from tomorrow on one of our 3-4 visits per year. Can't wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, abruzzi spur said:

That's good to hear as we'll be down in North Pembrokeshire from tomorrow on one of our 3-4 visits per year. Can't wait.

A little bit of rain is likely but the wind has dropped considerably so that's good!  We have some annoying showers this morning and heavy overcast skies but this is forecast to move away by midday.  Sunday looks like being the best day with no rain and quite sunny so double digit temperatures will feel quite pleasant in the sun.  If you haven't already been to see them don't miss a walk on the beach at Poppit Sands or Newport Sands - low tides will be early morning or late evening but there's enough beach to enjoy even at high tides.  The weather is forecast to improve over the next week so I'm hoping fo some proper Sping-like days in mid-April.   Enjoy your visit!

Edited by Sky Full
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a luxury lodge in beautiful mid Wales near Rhayader Powys ,heavy rain this morning then cleared to leave cloudy ,chilly conditions.  Looking out at the Welsh landscape landscape it looks more like  mid January than early April . Currently a poultry 8c here ,so there is only one thing for it ,a dip into the lodges luxury hot tub:yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...