Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

    My prediction is over 20cm on higher ground easily and probably up to 15cm on low ground.

    Snowing here.

    snowing here too but the big stuff is just over the hill on radar - the amber/red alert stuff

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 9.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

    Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

    Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    31 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

    Wots everyone's thoughts on the snow? Light dusting or 10cm? I'm thinking light dusting for here even tho I'm in the Amber warning. I think it' going to b the small flakes again but not with the same intensity as the first beast

    you gotta be kidding me - that stuff on radar is gonna give us a PASTING mate

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Location: Pontypridd

    Just a light dusting on cars, nothing sticking as yet but we've got an Amber warning in force from midnight so hopefully there'll be an upscale.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pembroke, West Wales Coast
  • Location: Pembroke, West Wales Coast

    Evening All :D  

    Currently have 'icing sugar' falling in Pembroke and pots I haven't bothered to empty (that filled with water) in the garden are icing over... 

    Personally I'm ready for spring! :sorry:... Sorry... 

    I'm already 3 weeks behind with my veg this year and my onions are germinating!!! Lol...  

    Not that I'm obsessed with our weather... 

     

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    Just now, Jen Beachcomber said:

    Evening All :D  

    Currently have 'icing sugar' falling in Pembroke and pots I haven't bothered to empty (that filled with water) in the garden are icing over... 

    Personally I'm ready for spring! :sorry:... Sorry... 

    I'm already 3 weeks behind with my veg this year and my onions are germinating!!! Lol...  

    Not that I'm obsessed with our weather... 

     

    sun has gone to sleep and sun spot activity is dead - we could be in the cold well in april at this rate

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl

    in fact FI around easter is screaming further cold and snowy potential - we're turning into Siberia slowly lol:cold::wallbash::cold:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pembroke, West Wales Coast
  • Location: Pembroke, West Wales Coast
    5 minutes ago, andymusic said:

    sun has gone to sleep and sun spot activity is dead - we could be in the cold well in april at this rate

    I've already read ' a lot' of the long term forecasts for this year Andy and I agree... 

    Just hoping for our usual 'micro-climate' here on the coast of Pembrokeshire... sigh.. 

    I can but hope! 

    Last year I actually managed to grow Watermelons! 

     

     

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Brynmawr 1300ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
  • Location: Brynmawr 1300ft asl
    1 hour ago, RhysWales said:

    Bet you enjoyed that mate! Safe journey home. Reckon you should be okay- should just be getting underway around 10ish. 

    Cheers mate.  We had VIP with Carlsberg and met players at end so more like 1am. Being dropped off in Newport first.  Fingers crossed lol

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Nelson, Caerphilly, South Wales. 175m ASL
  • Location: Nelson, Caerphilly, South Wales. 175m ASL

    I'm expecting 5-10 cm generally within the amber alert area in Southeast Wales, up to 15 cm on high ground, with any depths greater than that confined to Southwest England. I don't expect the amber warning to go red this time, which is probably a good thing as severe winter weather this late in the season can cause havoc with our ecosystems and ewes and their newborn lambs inevitably suffer in huge numbers, too.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    4 minutes ago, Simon SWales said:

    Cheers mate.  We had VIP with Carlsberg and met players at end so more like 1am. Being dropped off in Newport first.  Fingers crossed lol

    could be a bit dicey - you might have to find some b&b in Newport me-thinks

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
  • Location: Pontypridd

    looking good for over 12 hour of snow fall of varying intensity 

    Edited by thetipster
    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerphilly
  • Location: Caerphilly
    6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

    could be a bit dicey - you might have to find some b&b in Newport me-thinks

    I agree, snows already settling here and this is before the warning even starts!

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Port Talbot
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.
  • Location: Port Talbot

    I feel I may end up disappointed again. Curse snow shadows! It's snowpression all over again.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
  • Location: Pontypridd
    Just now, thetipster said:

    yes just checked the charts and u forecast -5cm u owe snow

    joke

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Location: Pontypridd
    1 minute ago, thetipster said:

    joke

    I'm being optimistic as there're a few flakes falling, and cars are looking whiter. Nothing on the pavements/roads but still early and my Home and Dry app is looking good :D

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Barry, South Wales (40M/131ft asl)
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
  • Location: Barry, South Wales (40M/131ft asl)

    Not got anything here yet, was a light dusting of snow on the cars in Bridgend an hour ago but Tondu has nothing as of yet, fingers crossed for later though!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerphilly
  • Location: Caerphilly
    1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

    Not got anything here yet, was a light dusting of snow on the cars in Bridgend an hour ago but Tondu has nothing as of yet, fingers crossed for later though!

    You'll be fine mate, it's all heading your way in due time. Surprised we already have probably half a cm here even before it's started.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
  • Location: Pontypridd, Wales 240m asl
    28 minutes ago, Alicol said:

    I'm being optimistic as there're a few flakes falling, and cars are looking whiter. Nothing on the pavements/roads but still early and my Home and Dry app is looking good :D

    bucketing down up here - lovely layer of snow down now and the graigerhorn will be ready for pisting shortly - my welsh sherpas are working again on shift to get the ski lift set up ready for the break of dawn tomorrow - just took the husky out with my trusty ski goggles on in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago - beat that degsy mate lol

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Location: Pontypridd
    4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

    bucketing down up here - lovely layer of snow down now and the graigerhorn will be ready for pisting shortly - my welsh sherpas are working again on shift to get the ski lift set up ready for the break of dawn tomorrow - just took the husky out with my trusty ski goggles on in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago - beat that degsy mate lol

    3

    ......in the blizzard I forecast over a week ago

    ?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Llangwm, Dyfed
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but wind & rain
  • Location: Llangwm, Dyfed

    Never thought we would get showers out of this set up being in the western extremes but that shower stream coming all the way from the east coast through the midlands has just left us with a nice covering. Hopefully more organised stuff tomorrow.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...