Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

1 minute ago, Loadsa2000 said:

BBC weather just now week ahead could be more snow for wales

Surely not, 9 degrees next Saturday I saw.

25 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Surely not, 9 degrees next Saturday I saw.

Mine is 0 next saturday......Gavsweathervids said something about colder weather around mothering sunday.....

Please no more snow I'm ready for spring now especially after just being outside in the sun where it felt warm

Perhaps my compass is off but, why so many drifts on the west side of walls in an easterly? All the monster drifts in Ogmore are on the other side of the wall than you would expect? 

36 minutes ago, BendertheRobot said:

Perhaps my compass is off but, why so many drifts on the west side of walls in an easterly? All the monster drifts in Ogmore are on the other side of the wall than you would expect? 

Because the wind was so strong it blown the drifts away.

"Please more snow"
"Please no more snow"

Funny thing about the weather... it doesn't listen :D

1 hour ago, BendertheRobot said:

I was wondering the same thing. Huge drifts here but on the west facing/sheltered sides of roads and lanes.

found this on internet

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-snow-build-up-on-the-opposite-side-of-the-car-the-wind-is-blowing-on

41 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

I was wondering the same thing. Huge drifts here but on the west facing/sheltered sides of roads and lanes.

found this on internet

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-snow-build-up-on-the-opposite-side-of-the-car-the-wind-is-blowing-on

Yeah, seems reasonable. It's unexpected given the massive wind speeds, you'd expect the wind to force the snow over the obstacle at such speed it wouldn't have a chance to drop. I suspect some sort of vortex effect. It was remarkable, driving around today at just how many places exhibited it. Even on our street, which faces East, the snow came up, to the end of the cul de sac then settled on my neighbours drive opposite (his house faces South, so the walls are East and West) squarely up against the West facing wall. 

Well another snow day for me tomorrow as school not cleared and water damage! That's the horrible side to this weather when there's damage,lots of friends have had lots of snow in their attics! Haven't checked mine to scared!

max of 4c today but since theres blue skies and temps are tumbling down to 1c its now froze nice.

Edited by Snowyowl9

What a weekend let’s all get together next December and do it all again 👋👋

I'm shattered! Day of helping digging out the street, then digging out the car and to top it all off, a pipe has burst in my mothers sending torrents through her ceiling. Thankfully her next door neighbour helped as my mam didn't have the strength to top turn the stopcock off and I couldn't get to her as still snowed in despite earlier efforts and plumbers and housing association were a complete no go! Downside to the weather and being a "grown up". I love snow but as far as I'm concerned Spring needs to spring lol! Have to say, the local community has been absolutely amazing... People with 4x4s taking nurses etc to work and farmers using their tractors to help dig streets out. We whinge about Tredegar but when the chips are down, everyone pulls together x

For everyone who says winters  finished it might not  yet, i said yesterday that i think heights could build up north in two weeks and i see on the GFS its trying to build heights in greenland around that time.

Edited by snowy36

No No No from an avid cold and snow lover the past week has been amazing but there is a time and a place for all that, so come on Elsa, let it go. (hum tune in head). Roll on warm spring and hot summer but with sun at minimum cycle lets have an awesome winter NEXT YEAR !

Edited by Gerryhattrick

Ive got snow on saturday ....small amounts before that ....just checked on here.....freezing cold wind outside........

48 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

Ive got snow on saturday ....small amounts before that ....just checked on here.....freezing cold wind outside........

Forgot to say still got loads of snow garden roads......................

58 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

I doubt anyone will have snow Saturday except for the mountains.

1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I doubt anyone will have snow Saturday except for the mountains.

We are the mountains......maybe netweather will change it.....

41 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

We are the mountains......maybe netweather will change it.....

Oh ok wasn't sure what your height was as when you type brynmawr into met office or BBC it shows temperatures above 0 all week.

Sunday heavy snow here North winds 40+......netweather update....

12 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

Sunday heavy snow here North winds 40+......netweather update....

Yes it even shows snow for here next Sunday says torrential too lol.