Sign in to follow this  
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

5 minutes ago, thetipster said:

yep rain in Cardiff tonight wash all the snow away be gone in morning 

jokeing

With it being further east how does that affect what areas are likely to see the snow in South Wales? 

Also appears to be losing some of its intensity?

between midnight and 3am, this small low is supposed to be 'cannibalised', ,for want of better terminology, by the bigger low to the south in the bay of Biscay, but if it is 60 miles further east, and seemingly moving slowly north, away from where it was 'supposed' to be when that is due to occur,, does this change things? anyone have opinions on this? could the pot get stirred a bit here?

14 minutes ago, thetipster said:

yep rain in Cardiff tonight wash all the snow away be gone in morning 

Yep and pontypridd probably and surrounding areas. I doubt it'll melt over a foot of lying snow anyway so not bothered.

Probably rain for most except for the higher ground.

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

2 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

between midnight and 3am, this small low is supposed to be 'cannibalised', ,for want of better terminology, by the bigger low to the south in the bay of Biscay, but if it is 60 miles further east, and seemingly moving slowly north, away from where it was 'supposed' to be when that is due to occur,, does this change things? anyone have opinions on this? could the pot get stirred a bit here?

I wouldnt worry about it too much.

1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Yep and pontypridd probably and surrounding areas. I doubt it'll melt over a foot of lying snow anyway so not bothered.

Hmmm, a fast thaw would raise the chances of flooding - let's hope the temperatures are low enough to give a slow thaw

1 hour ago, Baldy Snowman said:

also, the low looks a lot tighter, and more organised. quite nice looking on v7. also definitely further east than predicted, by about 65 to 70 miles further east than where it is SUPPOSED to be at 12 am, by my rough reckoning. this MUST change what happens, surely?

Any more action due my way ? 

Just now, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

I wouldnt worry about it too much.

not worried, just posing a question. do you agree that small low is further east?

yep looks to be holding model forecast so far except the arome whitch has the main band hiting land 22:00hrs and dispersing before it reaches us

more marginal further east coz of 850s check the netweather radar - showing as sleet across south west

Just now, PompeyFC said:

more marginal further east coz of 850s check the netweather radar - showing as sleet across south west

It will be as the front that is to tour north is a warm front

so, the beast slinks away, retracts it's claws, and purrs gently in it's garish, scatter cushion strewn cave?

nice

Edited by Baldy Snowman

Hoping that the ppn coming in from the SW of England hits up against the cold still around us and turns to snow. Looks increasingly unlikely but I have everything crossed. Join me and there's hope yet!

2 minutes ago, ourson said:

Hoping that the ppn coming in from the SW of England hits up against the cold still around us and turns to snow. Looks increasingly unlikely but I have everything crossed. Join me and there's hope yet!

If it does snow it'll probably be for the first hour then change to sleet or rain I think.

9 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

so, the beast slinks away, retracts it's claws, and purrs gently in it's garish, scatter cushion strewn cave?

nice

I dont think its moved east much but its moving quicker.

3 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

If it does snow it'll probably be for the first hour then change to sleet or rain I think.

Euro 4 says its all snow, so its a wait and see.

Just now, snowy36 said:

Euro 4 says its all snow, so its a wait and see.

How reliable has the Euro 4 been in the last few days? Meto have had it pretty spot on to be fair

10 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

nice

Swansea stood up to the beast and roared right in its face .

The beast whimpered let out a little miaow , stamped its feet and went off in a huff towards Ireland .

1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

I dont think its moved east much but its moving quicker.

it hasn't moved much, 60 miles or so, but as you said, it's sped up a bit and also tightened up. what if it develops further?