Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
  • Location: brynmawr south wales 1340 ft ASL
    6 minutes ago, Bafan said:

    scenes from Brynmawr, very similar to here...

    Looks alot like our street.....

     

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 9.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

    Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

    Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    3 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

    Ok fine stay up all night and verify what im saying then.

    Sadly i'll take Arpege -Hirlam- Euro - Met Office  over U.  I'll even throw in Gfs for that matter.

    Edited by snowy36
    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border

    The fax charts show the three new lows and emma

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

    The fax charts show the three new lows and emma

    Have a look at the fax from now and follow the low because it heads slightly north and then pulls off into the sea and disappears back into the bigger body.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border
    Just now, snowy36 said:

    Have a look at the fax from now and follow the low because it heads slightly north and then pulls off into the sea and disappears back into the bigger body.

    Which is what i said

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
  • Location: St helens, warrington, widnes border

    Emma on left, new low on right in emmas place.23F0FD05-961C-4091-9C13-8B0BDFA4B188.thumb.png.09419a8e5d881458dacc77308d52b683.png

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

    Emma on left, new low on right in emmas place.23F0FD05-961C-4091-9C13-8B0BDFA4B188.thumb.png.09419a8e5d881458dacc77308d52b683.png

    What we have been talking about is will that low get far enough north before it spins away to give us down south snow. 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow
  • Location: Llanharan South Wales 76m ASL

    It's like being in the mad thread on here I'm confused AF, can anyone tell me wot it's supposed to b doing tonight? More snow or light showers or cloudy etc

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    Just now, freeze for all said:

    It's like being in the mad thread on here I'm confused AF, can anyone tell me wot it's supposed to b doing tonight? More snow or light showers or cloudy etc

    Two chances of snow down south, one around midnight and another around 6 in the morning.

    • Like 3
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL

    https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/gfs-hourly

     

    GFS hourly chart. go to 'precipitation type' and click through hour by hour. what the heck is it with that 5 hour pulse of activity, then on hour 6 of the cycle, everything disappears, and it builds again?:cc_confused:

     

    glitch? if not, that is freaky.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
  • Location: Ynysybwl 200msl
    3 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

    https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/gfs-hourly

     

    GFS hourly chart. go to 'precipitation type' and click through hour by hour. what the heck is it with that 5 hour pulse of activity, then on hour 6 of the cycle, everything disappears, and it builds again?:cc_confused:

     

    glitch? if not, that is freaky.

    It must re-set at 12 and thats why everything disappears .

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
    4 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

    It must re-set at 12 and thats why everything disappears .

    oh, right, thanks

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
    12 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

    What we have been talking about is will that low get far enough north before it spins away to give us down south snow. 

    in other words will the beast bite back?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Tredegar, SE Wales, 330m asl
  • Location: Tredegar, SE Wales, 330m asl

    Radar showing nothing here but the snow is still absolutely pelting down. Weird (admittedly I'm using the free radar but still.....)

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
  • Location: Pontypridd

    going buy some of the models they show ppn moveing up from the south that's all 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL

    nice batch of snow moving at us here in S Wales on v7

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Caerdydd/Cardiff 10m asl :(
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers
  • Location: Caerdydd/Cardiff 10m asl :(
    4 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

    nice batch of snow moving at us here in S Wales on v7

    Can you put a link up for the v7 Baldy?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
    Just now, ourson said:

    Can you put a link up for the v7 Baldy?

    you have to subscribe to it. costs just over 3 quid a month. i paid for it specially for this event. lol

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Machen, Caerphilly, 80m asl.
  • Location: Machen, Caerphilly, 80m asl.

    The small low over St Malo in Normandy should arrive by 4-5AM for the Beast's goodbye present. (The Euro 4 model has it too.) Could be a few hours of intense wet flake PPN at the same time as the lowest traffic flow leaving some pretty hairy road conditions come sunrise. Eyes down for the radar watch. Location and timing is one for the die-hard all-nighter snow fans amongst you!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
    3 hours ago, Rhosyn o Loegr said:

    No way you can sell/give it to anyone locally?....or are you as unable to get out as the milk lorry to get in? Doesn't help the bank balance, but less of a waste.:aggressive:

    Alternatively, put it outside and make milk ice lollies :rofl: Sorry, I know it's not a laughing situation.

    I wish :sorry:

    not allowed ... unpasteurised... we drink it of course but we aren’t able to give it away due to silly rules ... 

    ice cream ?? :D

     

    4DFDA8DB-CDBF-4CC1-9A74-CE2411578D44.jpeg

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Swansea
  • Location: Swansea
    1 minute ago, gareth moo said:

    The small low over St Malo in Normandy should arrive by 4-5AM for the Beast's goodbye present. (The Euro 4 model has it too.) Could be a few hours of intense wet flake PPN at the same time as the lowest traffic flow leaving some pretty hairy road conditions come sunrise. Eyes down for the radar watch. Location and timing is one for the die-hard all-nighter snow fans amongst you!

    Yes but will it snow in Swansea :rofl:.......seriously though will it???? Been quite sad today was like father christmas never came :sorry: but I've been good all year

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
  • Location: δίκαιο πεδίο- 400 feet ASL
    1 minute ago, Penfoel said:

    I wish :sorry:

    not allowed ... unpasteurised... we drink it of course but we aren’t able to give it away due to silly rules ... 

    ice cream ?? :D

     

    4DFDA8DB-CDBF-4CC1-9A74-CE2411578D44.jpeg

    in 82, we had no choice. had to drink raw milk from the local farm as we were completely cut off

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Pontypridd
  • Weather Preferences: Tips
  • Location: Pontypridd

    should start wraping north fast and soon  if were going buy the arome 0.01  

     

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
  • Location: Strumble Head Pembrokeshire 60m asl
    1 minute ago, Baldy Snowman said:

    in 82, we had no choice. had to drink raw milk from the local farm as we were completely cut off

    I would rather give it away than throw it away ?

    if it rains and thaws we may get a collection tomorrow 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...