Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail

1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Firstly, the low is no longer circulating, also the ppn over irish sea wasn’t associated with the low and still isnt. The front that delivered for cardiff stalled in channel delivering your snow and has now occluded and over midlands. The low can only go 1 way and it isnt east. Also the pon over irish sea is dying. ?

hmmm, yeah, OK. are you using v7? cos on THAT at least, there is definite circulation, and it HAS moved ENE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters
Just now, Baldy Snowman said:

hmmm, yeah, OK. are you using v7? cos on THAT at least, there is definite circulation, and it HAS moved ENE.

Nope, it hasn't. Been looking at it all day with sat and pressure charts. Its not moved all day not an inch but has weakened and no longer circulates

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Yesterday's snow was great for creating big drifts but you're right, the flakes were small and it blowing about left too many bare patches which are now being filled in by what's falling. Best of both worlds!

It was the oddest snow, my next door neighbours nicked most of my snow but i have a mini alp in my garden:)

Posted
4 minutes ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Nope, it hasn't. Been looking at it all day with sat and pressure charts. Its not moved all day not an inch but has weakened and no longer circulates

Give it a rest .

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

It was the oddest snow, my next door neighbours nicked most of my snow but i have a mini alp in my garden:)

If you're impressed by your mini Alp, you should see the mini Kanchenjunga I slipped and fell into earlier. I didn't really mind... until I realised the snow had got inside my wellies. After that it became painful.

For what it's worth, I'm about 70% certain that what's currently entering the English Channel will reach us.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind and summer storms

So three of the short range models have heavy snow over SE Wales by 5am tomorrow morning, yet NO MENTION on any Met Office forecast. 

I find this a little unnerving and odd 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, JamesL said:

So three of the short range models have heavy snow over SE Wales by 5am tomorrow morning, yet NO MENTION on any Met Office forecast. 

I find this a little unnerving and odd 

Well the bbc forecast says its going to miss us but the met office site says heavy snow later tonight for my place ponty between 12 and 3.

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1

Posted

Very interesting watching the radar.

The precip was over Whitland and then over the course of a couple of hours it back builds all the way east to just North of Swansea 

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowy36 said:

Well the bbc forecast says its going to miss us but the met office site says heavy snow later tonight.

You're right!! Very interesting. Wonder why no mention? 

IMG_3551.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: red hot lead hail
23 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Give it a rest .

no, actually he is right. my eyes were deceiving me. easily done when you are looking at stuff like this. making patterns where there is none. gonna be watching it like a hawk tonight though. a sharper eyed hawk hopefully... (don't agree there is no rotation though. it may be slow, but it's rotating?)

that huge blob of precipitation over Normandy looking interesting though

Edited by Baldy Snowman
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

That shows rain here, send it back :nonono:I'm sure it would be snow though if temps we as they are. If we could just nudge that heavier precip a bit further west for a change :p

Well look at that !

No dry patch over Swansea ...

Direction of travel not too dissimilar to the recent snow ...

But one subtle difference - it’s rain !

Hahahaha 

Where is the flippin fohn effect now ?

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, JamesL said:

You're right!! Very interesting. Wonder why no mention? 

IMG_3551.PNG

I only noticed it a few minutes ago so im not sure if it was always there but they think different to what the bbc is saying . Lets see what derek says!!!

Posted

Anyone listening to The Now Show? Apparently the forecasters were warning of snowmageddon all last week.  First I heard was Tuesday this week....<shrug> that might just be that Radios 4, Wales and Bristol weren't panicking!! Does dim teledu gyda fi / I don't have a tv...

Posted
5 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

no, actually he is right. my eyes were deceiving me. easily done when you are looking at stuff like this. making patterns where there is none. gonna be watching it like a hawk tonight though. a sharper eyed hawk hopefully...

that huge blob of precipitation over Normandy looking interesting though

I think its done what its suppose to have done since i've been following it in early afternoon.

Posted

1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

I only noticed it a few minutes ago so im not sure if it was always there but they think different to what the bbc is saying . Lets see what derek says!!!

Derek getting sacked in the morning! sacked in the morning , he’s getting sacked in the morning , sacked in the morrrrrrrrrnin !.

Andy , I think you and Derek should go in the jungle together to see if you can resolve your differences ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow

Im expecting ....2 ft approx snow when i get up in the morning.....on top of the 4/5 ft drifts.......

Posted
1 minute ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Derek getting sacked in the morning! sacked in the morning , he’s getting sacked in the morning , sacked in the morrrrrrrrrnin !.

Andy , I think you and Derek should go in the jungle together to see if you can resolve your differences ??

I like derek, there are some right ropy bbc weather forecasters . A lot of the local forecaster's seem to not know about the weather , u cant say that about Derek.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

The core is rotating but the low isnt. The blob over france is stuck to the core. A sort of wrap around front. It will pull off towards atlantic overnight and be replaced with the low below ireland. This low is circulating as seen from sat. Not sure if that blob will migraemte north but might expand.

• Like 2