Jump to content

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Fair dooz to Torfaen council. They've initiated their red warning plan. I've just received the survival package.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

"Only" a woman? :mellow: I didn't mean to sound condescending. Sorry.

We all love weather and we sometimes get a bit too passionate, I suppose.

I didnt want you to feel bad ...i was joking scottish humour.......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ian Price said:

Could well be. Green echoes on the radar over us, but not a single flake!

Same for Anglesey been light green / orange (pink / dark pink if you enable "weather type on") ,  all afternoon but nothing falling from the sky.

Perhaps the snow is a little shy up north and is waiting for darkness to fall :)

Edited by StingJet
additioanl info
Link to post
Share on other sites

Temp now -0.7C and Ice here is crazy not the snow! Just having some freezing rain and snizzle again and all the water on my car and the roads as frozen solid, car is like and ice cube with nice big icicles on it and roads/pavements look like and ice rink. The snizzle is then just laying down a covering over the ice! Looks crazy along with the snow drifts everywhere!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Heavy snow well and set in now,another mindblowing night to come.

Im scared now.....our front gate is nearly covered and the wall...my son has been digging tunnels....but in the morning another few feet......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to sound greedy now after 48 hours (nearly) of snow, but rain/sleet forecast for south coast of Wales now tomorrow? :( Was hoping to have a day of 'dry' weather to get about in the snow tomorrow and accept a slow thaw starting Sunday. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

v7 radar saying nothing but fine snow falling and blowing about, making the outside look like somewhere in Siberia, with the little swirls of snow darting here and there. been sleeping with the blinds open, and when I woke i thought it was drizzling, that's how fine the snow is

 

icicles hanging from the front of my van

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lindy2222 said:

Im scared now.....our front gate is nearly covered and the wall...my son has been digging tunnels....but in the morning another few feet......

word of warning. Be very careful digging tunnels. in 82 a friend of mine was nearly badly hurt when a snow tunnel collapsed on him. the panic as we frantically dug him out is still seared in my mind. he was OK, but it took us a while to get him out. we had to dig him out from the top down with our bare hands, and there were feet of snow on top of him. i don't know how old your son is. if he's big and strapping, he should be Ok, but if he's small, be careful

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been snowing fine snow for about an hour, main road til now had been clear with all sideroads uncleared and some amazing drifting!  Main road now covered up a cm or so, but on top of frozen sludge.  Just heard gritter hurtling by.  I think I have had enough now thank you.  Anyway, back to big Emma in Irish Sea, eurosatellite has her there too, so don’t think it was that Anna Prop, or if it is it’s on all radars.  So presumably it must be just Emma digging her wintry heels in?

Edited by snefnug
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rhosyn o Loegr said:

How about making a bobble hat shaped cake and ...sorry... icing it?

In 30 years time I shall remember this saga .

People will be laughing at the forecast dry patch and it will bring back memories of  these horrible few days .

I shall pass on my experiences and warn my daughter not to get too excited about building a snowman for my grand daughter .

Though in 30 years time I would imagine the weather forecasts to be super accurate .

Todays 4 day forecasts are as good as the 1 day forecast 30 years ago so they say .

So 12 days out accuracy - imagine the hype then with that length of build up ?

Though I think the weather will be manipulated by the Chinese  in 30 years time .

It will all be programmed .

Each country will know what they will get for the following year .

Some countries will have to pay the Chinese for better weather .

I think it would be quite easy to create a SSW in future .

Anyway back to the bobble hat -  no one will find out if I don’t eat it so why the heck am I worrying about it ?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

No I don’t begrudge anyone at all and some great pictures !

The Irish ones also truly are worthy of being called epic .

This has been a harsh lesson learned .

Disregard the models and pay the price.

I mocked the persistently modelled dry patch ,but it just cracked a huge dinosaur egg and dribbled it all over my humble pie stuffed face .

I have never been so badly wrong and must face the consequences .

The worst one being I didn’t get to build a proper snowman with my daughter .

Another being I genuinely don’t know how to eat a bobble hat .

 

 

No sun spots ont he sun....was another clue......

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

word of warning. Be very careful digging tunnels. in 82 a friend of mine was nearly badly hurt when a snow tunnel collapsed on him. the panic as we frantically dug him out is still seared in my mind. he was OK, but it took us a while to get him out. we had to dig him out from the top down with our bare hands, and there were feet of snow on top of him. i don't know how old your son is. if he's big and strapping, he should be Ok, but if he's small, be careful

Its ok will be covered over soon......hes 5ft 10 ......

Link to post
Share on other sites

nice couple of images showing the low's centre moving very slightly ENE over two hours, almost directly in the centre of the channel. to my untrained eyes, the low was supposed to move back west, on GFS,  wasn't it?

 

 

low2.png

low.png

Edited by Baldy Snowman
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Please god no .

Just bring on the cold rain .

End this torment !

Swansea is in a weather related purgatory !!!

 

 

 

I feel ur pain I've been there many times b4 where everyone is getting snow and we get cold rain but u ain't even getting that so I don't know if that's worse or better lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Netweather radar doesn't show any real precip over me but there's moderate snow coming down? All previously uncovered surfaces now turning white thanks to the layer of ice and temps back down to -1.2C :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The cold rain will be a final act .

It will signify the end of this torture .

Whilst the pathetic snow cover is still visible we can’t fully move on .

This isn’t just one of those occasions where further up the valley gets pasted and usual lowlanders get cold rain .

This is far worse .

This was supposed to be epic and has been for large areas .

I think i will be mentally scarred by this .

Damn weather lol .

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

v7 radar saying nothing but fine snow falling and blowing about, making the outside look like somewhere in Siberia, with the little swirls of snow darting here and there. been sleeping with the blinds open, and when I woke i thought it was drizzling, that's how fine the snow is

 

icicles hanging from the front of my van

Please tell me you're not sleeping in your van....:cold:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seasonal weather required said:

The cold rain will be a final act .

It will signify the end of this torture .

Whilst the pathetic snow cover is still visible we can’t fully move on .

This isn’t just one of those occasions where further up the valley gets pasted and usual lowlanders get cold rain .

This is far worse .

This was supposed to be epic and has been for large areas .

I think i will be mentally scarred by this .

Damn weather lol .

the low isnt doing what the charts said it would do.  right now,if that low pulls up the channel, as it SEEMS to be doing this past 2 hours, it will pull along all of that stuff to your west, right over all of us

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...