Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

Just now, lindy2222 said:

Have to get more supplies somehow......

I'm quite lucky to have a garage 5 mins away that serves hot food etc. It's whether they can get supplies is the problem.  I knew this was forecast so did a large shop but will have to top up at some point

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cymro said:

Can you please share it with us we always share our snow! Diolch

There's plenty here you can have.....you'll have to come and get it though cos I can't get out ??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bafan said:

I'm quite lucky to have a garage 5 mins away that serves hot food etc. It's whether they can get supplies is the problem.  I knew this was forecast so did a large shop but will have to top up at some point

Got enough for another few days ...trying to think ahead.....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Temp dropping again here now -0.3C, ground is still wet but starting to freeze over again and small icicles appearing on some roofs where it melted earlier and is now refreezing. However I'm a bit confused as to where any snow thisevening is suppose to come from? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Temp dropping again here now -0.3C, ground is still wet but starting to freeze over again and small icicles appearing on some roofs where it melted earlier and is now refreezing. However I'm a bit confused as to where any snow thisevening is suppose to come from? 

potentially from the front down in bay of biscay/central france

 

http://www.weathercast.co.uk/radar/europe.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Wow amazing - but for the wrong reasons .

Must eat my bobble hat today because the dry patch has come to pass .

Ok not dry as in nothing ,but not even enough to be able to roll a snowman .

Promised my daughter today we would make a snowman - this is going to be tricky with barely a few handfuls of this powder puff foreign dust .

Bring back proper British full fat sticky wet flakes !!

 

 

come up and borrow some of mine - we got oodles here - 4 ft drifts in all lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Up to 10cm for east and south East Wales by this evening so I suggest people clear paths now, Iam so I can actually walk around lol.

waste of time up here lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Baldy Snowman said:

 

we'll probably have a heatwave,

no chance - sun spots not happening more of this sort of weather in the coming decades - polar bears moving in - maybe think about moving to spain/canaries for warmth lol

polar bear.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baldy Snowman said:

air is definitely milder here now. road getting wet and small puddles forming, can see the wind blowing on them too, so they're not icy

b****y bitter here butt

bike snow plough.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonathan Rhodri Roberts said:

2C now near Porthcawl, snow melting a bit and it seems to be brightening up too. Might be all back to normal here by tomorrow as its expected to turn milder up to 9C by Sunday according to the forecast 

gonna take a lot longer to get things straightened out here that's for sure

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yellow Warning of Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 0005 Sat 03 Mar to 1100 Sat 03 Mar
 
Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 1030 Fri 02 Mar to 2355 Fri 02 Mar
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bradythemole said:

River taf starting to freeze over! A pretty incredible scene throughout Cardiff today. Nothing moving anywhere 

45BC4429-6B84-40B5-9093-4182A680156E.jpeg

we'll be able to have frost fairs on there soon then lol

the Dai After Tomorrow.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:
 
Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan & Wrexham valid from 1030 Fri 02 Mar to 2355 Fri 02 Mar

Carmarthenshire and Swansea in the same sentence as SNOW? Hmm that doesn't seem right! :rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, J10 said:

Not impressed with the local mountains taking all the snow away. A decent covering of 1-2 inches on grass but snow on pavements has blown away, still well below zero.

First time I recall foehn effect has been bad for us. However the models were consistent in keeping us in the drier zone in the lee of the mountains.

Doesn't make it any less disappointing though when you look at nearby areas.

Hi j10, wrt foehn effect, in your opinion, is this afternoons forecasted precipitation coming from a slightly different direction and possibly lessening/cancelling the effect for the areas which missed out yesterday and overnight?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g1blet said:

Hi j10, wrt foehn effect, in your opinion, is this afternoons forecasted precipitation coming from a slightly different direction and possibly lessening/cancelling the effect for the areas which missed out yesterday and overnight?

All the models I've looked at this morning are keeping the shield firmly in place... except for HIRLAM so let's hope that's correct!

 

HIRLAM chart attached... though I think it will be more patchy than this.

 

Edit: Not sure about the direction maybe someone else can answer that. It looks to me though as if it will be similar to last night

 

 

nethirlamuk-1-9-0.png

Edited by swales
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...