Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

River taf starting to freeze over! A pretty incredible scene throughout Cardiff today. Nothing moving anywhere 

45BC4429-6B84-40B5-9093-4182A680156E.jpeg

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 5
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking good for team wales today / this eve- Have fun !!

Dyma rai o'm lluniau gaeafol (Dydd Mawrth - Wythnos diwethaf) Here are some of my wintry scenes from Tuesday, last week Lleoliad/ Location: Blaenau Clwyd 230masl  (Between Corwen and Rhuthun)

Some photos from this morning up on the Rhigos between Hirwaun and Treherbert. Here we are around 480-500m asl  it was stunning with amazing views over the Brecon Beacons and beyond. The mountain

Posted Images

Just now, bradythemole said:

River taf starting to freeze over! A pretty incredible scene throughout Cardiff today. Nothing moving anywhere 

45BC4429-6B84-40B5-9093-4182A680156E.jpeg

WOW! never seen that before. Any idea when the next batch of snow is moving in? BBC had snow over most of wales from 10am onwards but fail to see it on the radar?

Freezing rain pretty much stopped/gone light atm but left a good covering of ice over all surfaces! It may not be exceptional here locally for snow but its still a mad spell of weather!

4 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

WOW! never seen that before. Any idea when the next batch of snow is moving in? BBC had snow over most of wales from 10am onwards but fail to see it on the radar?

I think this afternoon mate. Probably 3/4pm, maybe a little earlier, we’ll see.

Just now, bradythemole said:

Can anyone explain where it’s coming from? The radars don’t have much evidence of anything organising over France... Or is the blob in the Irish Sea due to head back east?

6 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Snow coming down here now with blizzards.....................................

• Like 2

Heavy snow on GFS later for Pembrokeshire and the South east/east again later. Mid afternoon onwards.

models showing different things. Hirlam gives widespread snow for everyone. 

Pretty heavy snow showers now in south east too.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 3

I just went to throw some seeds out for the birds and it bounced off the snow drifts!!

It sounds like freezing rain here

Front and back of my house.

IMG_9783.JPG

IMG_7444.JPG

weird stuff here. lots of rain in the mix, coming down quite hard now, and it seems to be turning to ice instantly on hitting the van outside, turning into tiny ice pellets. v7 suggesting all snow though. some rivulets of water trying to form on the car windows and bonnets, but most frozen in place. odd stuff. if this is freezing rain coming down, how much longer will our power lines cope with the weight?

pic i was just sent of a drift in Cardiff....

IMG-20180302-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1