Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

we'd never mean to do that i'm sure - but like the last few days I know it doesn't look like it but I've been struggling to keep up with the posts in here - I've been busy off line plus running my businesses which I do from home - so maybe I missed one or two of your posts asking for help etc

Like I said Andy, it's not directed at anyone personally. It just seems a bit cliquey in here most of the time. It's like walking into a pub where the locals stare at you as if to say "Who the nope - still swearing are you?" lol. Maybe that's a bit extreme but it's a reasonable analogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, andymusic said:

we'd never mean to do that i'm sure - but like the last few days I know it doesn't look like it but I've been struggling to keep up with the posts in here - I've been busy off line plus running my businesses which I do from home - so maybe I missed one or two of your posts asking for help etc

Ok then, there is still an awful lot of precipitation moving out of the English Channel.What are your thoughts about what it means for Welsh snowfall? Will it fizzle out before it gets here or move elsewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy you have always been a banker to reply so much appreciated. Do you think the met O may have underplayed the possibility of cold hanging on into mid week, I am probably a lot older than most posters at 52 but I remember from 70s and 80s this dense cold air being harder to shift than anticipated and hanging around a lot longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Phil Barkin said:

I think the issue is, I (you and blackrose may be the same or not) only really post when there is snow which is so rare for us out west, I recon a lot of these guys are regular posters, I have posted a few times today and totally been ignored. To be fair the Andy guy is pretty cool and I have had a few chats when the snow events occur but lets be fair how often is that. Im not too interested and thunder and heatwaves and all that but snow and I will be up all night. I think you are up by Newcastle Emlyn hows it up there?

 

 

Ten miles or so East of Newcastle Emlyn (a drug town witha tourist problem, lol).  Blowing a gale here with snizzle all evening, 1cm drifts.  Radar has looked promising for the Llanllwni hills here though.  Where are you then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bridgend unfortunately with a similar drug problem a shot amount of snow, although to be fair we do have some impressive drifts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruelwx said:

Ten miles or so East of Newcastle Emlyn (a drug town witha tourist problem, lol).  Blowing a gale here with snizzle all evening, 1cm drifts.  Radar has looked promising for the Llanllwni hills here though.  Where are you then? 

Now living in Ogmore Vale (originally from Nantymoel), top of the Ogmore Valley. Normally we get much more precipitation than Cardiff - but this is a very different setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing really because Cardiff around 15 miles away and knee deep but cant begrudge because normally we would do better here via a westerly slider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blackrose73 said:

Milder uppers? :-(

Hopefully they will flip back in a little while. Emma looks like she still has so much to give. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an unusual setup, I can't remember an Easterly with this ferocity.  Surprised we still have electric (and a fence)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tap, tap, tap it's freezing rain!  Checked it on the windscreen, I'm effed too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible here it’s still snowing! At least 20cms with drifts three times as deep. Going to be an interesting day with further snow forecast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackrose73 said:

Milder uppers? :-(

Yes warmer uppers as expected however these become negative by the morning so precipation should be back to snow by then (if/when there is any about). Hopefully with more marginality it's the larger more sticky flakes that we all know of instead of these smaller powdery ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:cold:Wish me luck .... going to wake the cows up or dig them out ... hoping the tractor will start ... snow blowing everywhere ❄️

Hi ho ... hi ho ... a milking I must go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I know it hasn’t stopped all night but it is much finer now though the wind is still howling. Amazing really pretty much 24 hours of this grain like snow,there’s going to be some great photos about tomorrow for sure.Still can’t get my head around what’s happened though there’s practically no snow on any of the roofs or the cars to be honest but there’s three foot drifts about and probably a foot of lying snow in the sheltered spots.Pretty historic event I’d say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell - checked the radar and the snow hasn't stopped here all night! Managed to get a decent amount of sleep. More snow incoming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Bloody hell - checked the radar and the snow hasn't stopped here all night! Managed to get a decent amount of sleep. More snow incoming?

Have you got photos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW SHOCK............2 or more feet nearly up to letter box cats couldnt get out my husband had to dig paths an hour ago.....will see it better when daylight comes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

Have you got photos?

Will go out now mate. Just woke up need a coffee lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Bloody hell - checked the radar and the snow hasn't stopped here all night! Managed to get a decent amount of sleep. More snow incoming?

It hasn't really been falling as snow in Cardiff though...ice pellets or freezing rain with then odd flake mixed in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frostbite88 said:

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8755.JPG

IMG_8758.JPG

Where is this? May I use them for my twitter page? 

Edited by Panayiotis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Panayiotis said:

It hasn't really been falling as snow in Cardiff though...ice pellets or freezing rain with then odd flake mixed in 

Has it damaged snow cover at all?

Will it now fall as snow again do you think?

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For most of Western Wales this will go down as the biggest disappointment snowise ever! Very frustrating and unfair!

Edited by Cymro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s gotta be said this looks epic another day of mostly heavy snow and temperatures not getting above -3 bloody amazing.and well done MO and Andy my go to forecasters now 👏👏👏👏👍🏻

 

  • Today
    Heavy snow-3 °C

    -4 °C

    Amber warning
    Amber
    Warning
  • Tomorrow
    Light snow1 °C

    -1 °C

    Yellow warning
    Yellow
    Warning
  • Sun 4 Mar
    Sleet shower2 °C

    -1 °C

     
  • Mon 5 Mar
    Cloudy3 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Tue 6 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Wed 7 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Thu 8 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    -2 °C

     
 
Now 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00
                                   
Amber warning 

Amber warning — Wind & Snow

 between Thursday 18:05 and Friday 08:00See warning detail >
                                   
                                   
Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow & Ice

 between Friday 00:05 and Friday 23:55See warning detail >
                                   
Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow
70% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 70% 70% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 90% 70%
-4 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -3 ° -4 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 °  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stevetynant said:

It’s gotta be said this looks epic another day of mostly heavy snow and temperatures not getting above -3 bloody amazing.and well done MO and Andy my go to forecasters now 👏👏👏👏👍🏻

 

  • Today
    Heavy snow-3 °C

    -4 °C

    Amber warning
    Amber
    Warning
  • Tomorrow
    Light snow1 °C

    -1 °C

    Yellow warning
    Yellow
    Warning
  • Sun 4 Mar
    Sleet shower2 °C

    -1 °C

     
  • Mon 5 Mar
    Cloudy3 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Tue 6 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Wed 7 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    0 °C

     
  • Thu 8 Mar
    Cloudy4 °C

    -2 °C

     
 
Now 05:00 06:00 07:00 08:00 09:00 10:00 11:00 12:00 13:00 14:00 15:00 16:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 20:00 21:00 22:00 23:00
                                   
Amber warning 

Amber warning — Wind & Snow

 between Thursday 18:05 and Friday 08:00See warning detail >
                                   
                                   
Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow & Ice

 between Friday 00:05 and Friday 23:55See warning detail >
                                   
Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow
70% ≥95% ≥95% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 70% 70% 70% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 70% 90% 90% 70%
-4 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -5 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -4 ° -3 ° -4 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 ° -3 °  

God help us......after today and beyond....................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...