A.J

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

1 minute ago, Baldy Snowman said:

gap is really close to our west

I just looked outside and can see the moon in the gaps in the cloud, so thought it was close! Guess the heavier stuff is just a bit too far to our east then?

We're all going to Dai!

Intermittent moderate snow in South Ceredigion; some heavier stuff to come from the looks of it. You'd hardly say it was getting milder, but definitely not so raw and unpleasant outside as it was 12 hours ago.

3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I just looked outside and can see the moon in the gaps in the cloud, so thought it was close! Guess the heavier stuff is just a bit too far to our east then?

precipitation pepped up again close to you though. the hills here are definitely having an effect i reckon

HUGE amount of precipitation to our south on v7. mostly rain but when it comes over us.....?

Guess I'm being a little greedy when I say that I feel a little disappointed to see the really heavy stuff over Somerset decaying as it moves towards Southeast Wales.

Just now, Baldy Snowman said:

HUGE amount of precipitation to our south on v7. mostly rain but when it comes over us.....?

Nope! From what I've seen tonight the v7 radar is not the best. Bringing in rain when it's clearly snow!

I think I have snowpression, keeping everything crossed that magic happens overnight in Port Talbot. I'm originally from Pembrokeshire and missed out on the snow there and lived in Cardiff in 2010 and got to enjoy it a little. I'mnot greedy just all white roads would be nice.

Back in - less of a walk than a quick pop outside.  My nice sheltered back garden is very deceiving - it's blowin' a hoolie out there and we have 3 ft drifts in some places - amazing wind sculptures.  There's a dipole shape of clear road next to 3" drift topping the kerb.  The sculpture on top of my car is impressive.  Sitting with back door open and cats debating on venturing out! I think discretion will win.  Lots of snow, a little bigger than earlier but still quite dry.

The creaking as the snow slides slowly down the roof is peculiar - like sitting under a glacier - in miniature.

Oooh - one of the cats braved it...he's just come back in.

Plenty more moisture spilling out of Brest.

3 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

Anyone else hear that? Potential THUNDERSNOW hitting Cardiff now. Heaviest all day.

Thundersnow? I'll pee my pants with excitement. :rofl:

Snowing on and off now must be that pesky clear and patchy zone stopping/slowing my snow

1 hour ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Huge local variations here apparently gower has a good 4 inches, higher drifts whilst further west very patchy

It is very patchy: here in Mumbles there is barely 0.5cm whilst in Reynoldston there is a couple of inches.

Incredible here now. I have said it so many times but heaviest today! Historic. I’m in Cathays right now and their are waist level drifts in places. We are around 1.5/2 miles from the coast. 

The precipitation moving north from France seems almost as potent as anything we’ve seen tonight. How far north will it get? It’s going to keep me up all night at this rate!

E02C65A3-0FB8-4EA2-8278-F2BAA1E3D914.png

Edited by Selliso
Missed attachment

Historic event - last time I saw alot of snow was 2010, this beat that hours ago. 4ft drifts now and to think we've got more snow coming.

1 minute ago, Selliso said:

The precipitation moving north from France seems almost as potent as anything we’ve seen tonight. How far north will it get? It’s going to keep me up all night at this rate!

MetO haven't extended the red warning but the forecast is showing heavy snow til later tomorrow than it was previously. Still plenty of snow to come, just a matter of where and how much!