Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

Is it me or does that band of heavier (yellow and orange) precip on the radar look like it could hit an area anywhere from Neath over to Newport, looks like quite a wide area of heavy precip if it stays like that?

Well we'll find out in the next hour or two what we going to have , all the people last night saying swansea and the west were going to have nothing was a little bit wrong.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowy36 said:

Well we'll find out in the next hour or two what we going to have , all the people last night saying swansea and the west were going to have nothing was a little bit wrong.

Mostly the people from Swansea and the West saying that I think lol

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stevetynant said:

There was 0% chance of them seeing nothing , lets hope we All have a decent amount by the end of the night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

very heavy now in Cardiff. Some photos I took earlier and a more recent video attached. Wish I took more. Almost a foot drifts in places on certain sides of the road. Really picked up past 10 mins

702BB0B7-BC67-4FCB-A444-016A0BA72C51.jpeg

5C65AEFA-B053-41A5-9749-542B06E4566C.MOV

8DBE6FB0-87C6-4307-9AE9-580AFEC18CA8.jpeg

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, bradythemole said:

very heavy now in Cardiff. Some photos I took earlier and a more recent video attached. Wish I took more. Almost a foot drifts in places on certain sides of the road. Really picked up past 10 mins

702BB0B7-BC67-4FCB-A444-016A0BA72C51.jpeg

5C65AEFA-B053-41A5-9749-542B06E4566C.MOV

8DBE6FB0-87C6-4307-9AE9-580AFEC18CA8.jpeg

I'm glad u cardiff people are having a good bit because we tend to steal all the snow in the valleys.

Edited by snowy36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Whiteout conditions here in the red zone. Drifts building, deep level snow in sheltered places, swirling clouds of snow in the strong wind, limited visibility and covered main roads. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Wind getting up. Snizzle dying out. 

Posted

Those bright reds and oranges in the English Channel are heading towards South Wales. They might lose some intensity as they come up against the cold block but expect some very heavy snow regardless.

With conditions as serious as they currently are, I'm a bit concerned about power cuts later which would plunge us into not just darkness, but coldness too. I dread to think of anybody sleeping rough tonight. Fortunately, the cold weather has led to people really opening their hearts and the authorities taking some belated action.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
12 minutes ago, Stevetynant said:

And that was based on what the charts were showing. We've still not had much and as the main band isn't due for a few hours we still don't know if we'll be in a relatively "dry" zone. We'll see in a few hours. :)

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, JamesL said:

Right now we should be under a yellow warning here in SE Wales. Nothing whatsoever severe about the weather today thus far. It doesn't even warrant an amber to be honest. 

Expect the red warning to be removed from our area. 

It's been snowing all day here, bar an hour 1100-1200, and it's up to about 2 to 3 inches.  Wind is increasing and it seems I could have got to and from work today as the bridges are still open.  Mind you, the office closed at 1300 anyway...Not life threatening....yet!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Buzz said:

And that was based on what the charts were showing. We've still not had much and as the main band isn't due for a few hours we still don't know if we'll be in a relatively "dry" zone. We'll see in a few hours. :)

Agreed there .

It was more bafflement at the sheer persistence of the “ dry patch “ that no matter what it just would not budge .

As you say though it still remains to be seen if this has been modelled correctly - I hope and I don’t think it has but we shall see .

I don’t recall anyone saying Swansea would get nothing though ??

Posted
10 minutes ago, Seasonal weather required said:

Agreed there .

It was more bafflement at the sheer persistence of the “ dry patch “ that no matter what it just would not budge .

As you say though it still remains to be seen if this has been modelled correctly - I hope and I don’t think it has but we shall see .

I don’t recall anyone saying Swansea would get nothing though ??

People were running in here saying that people in the SE thread said we were going to miss it all.  Well u big chance for the swans with that one big line of heavy snow coming up within a hour.

Edited by snowy36

Posted
16 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Well good luck to you anyway - its getting wild up here now wind has picked up and visibility is reducing all the ti,e

• Like 1

Posted

If people dont believe that cardiff has had it bad have a look at the cameras on the busy A470 and the roads covered and that takes a fair bit of snow to do that on one of the busiest roads in south wales.   Traffic-Wales.com